Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Bpmull wrote: »
    The van was perfect there was no problems with it till I literally stopped on the road. Had a look at the engine there is no oil leaks no diesel around the injectors. It seems as if its not getting fuel. I serviced it last week but never done the fuel filter so you'd have to wonder. If its a simple as a fuel filter ill be blessed. As for the brake down truck he left Kilkenny at 7 and the weather is so bad I suppose it will take him a good 2 hours.

Are you far from home?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Truck just arrived now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Still on the motorway 3 hours here now. Hopefully the recovery truck will be here in the next half an hour. To even find one to drive from Kilkenny to cork was hardship. I'm defiantly joining aa tomorrow. They wouldn't come out as I'm not a member they said even if I joined. The rain is unreal too so heavy. Thank lads for all the well wishes I appreciate it. It's not a nice experience tbh. First time it's happened to me.

The AA aren't all that either. My car has been on the m1 since 2.50 this afternoon and they still have not collected it. The guy rang at 8.40 to say he was leaving the red cow. Now I am home so I feel terrible for you, but the AA are very disappointing today. My wife got a lift home with the kids from a copper. The AA were not getting her home, and we only live in Balbriggan. Thats still county Dublin!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

The van was perfect there was no problems with it till I literally stopped on the road. Had a look at the engine there is no oil leaks no diesel around the injectors. It seems as if its not getting fuel. I serviced it last week but never done the fuel filter so you'd have to wonder. If its a simple as a fuel filter ill be blessed. As for the brake down truck he left Kilkenny at 7 and the weather is so bad I suppose it will take him a good 2 hours.

Hmm.... here's hoping it's something minor. I know the 320d have an issue that if the fuel filter doesn't get changed regularly enough, it'll slowly kill the second fuel pump... hopefully something like that hasn't happened to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Jimdagym wrote: »
    The AA aren't all that either. My car has been on the m1 since 2.50 this afternoon and they still have not collected it. The guy rang at 8.40 to say he was leaving the red cow. Now I am home so I feel terrible for you, but the AA are very disappointing today. My wife got a lift home with the kids from a copper. The AA were not getting her home, and we only live in Balbriggan. Thats still county Dublin!!!

Had the same experience with the AA, I got home from work in Dublin (90 miles) before the AA got to my wife with one small child and a very small baby.

Sorry to hear you had car trouble man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Driving work truck home today down a narrow country lane doing around 35/40 mph wind gusts tree branch swings out right infront of wing mirror which then flies back and smashes through passanger side window, not a great note to end a days work on :(

Drove the ST home slow after cleaning up the mess in the cab, would fairly shake the auld confidence when something out of your control happens like that.

Seems to be a crappy day for a lot of us here....! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I spent my dad sideways in a Sierra drift slut, not so bad for me. :)

Sorry to hear about everyone else though, that sort of out of control stuff is horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Driving work truck home today down a narrow country lane doing around 35/40 mph wind gusts tree branch swings out right infront of wing mirror which then flies back and smashes through passanger side window, not a great note to end a days work on :(

Drove the ST home slow after cleaning up the mess in the cab, would fairly shake the auld confidence when something out of your control happens like that.

Something similar happened my aunt years ago except it was a car overtaking her too close and that car's wing mirror hit my aunt's and flew in through her window, smashing it and smashing my aunt's face in one go and ended up badly bruising the front passenger's leg before ending up in the passenger footwell.

I was in the back of the car and I'll never forget it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Jesus that sounds rough, MM.

• Advertisement

Yea happens so quick, those panes of glass fairly explode, worst part was sitting at junction just before work with people gawking @ the half smashed window and bent in mirror and i am mentally facepalming and then their was the phone call :p

Oh well not alot i could have done will just be more cautious in future

It was, the driver of the overtaking car made a very bad choice as she overtook when there was an oncoming car so she had to push closer to my aunt's car and that's how it happened. My aunt had to have her whole mouth wired for ages.

Atleast i was just there with a lap full of glass thinking, ahh balls :(

That's rough MM, to see that as a nipper must have been awful, sorry to hear :(

Atleast i was just there with a lap full of glass thinking, ahh balls :(

Your balls??? :eek:
    dgt wrote: »

Yeah, I was only 7 at the time. For years afterwards I wasn't able to travel in the back of a car, always had to be in the front. Still is to a certain extent! Stupid, I know but it hit deep.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

My aunt had to have her whole mouth wired for ages.

Shut her your dribly mouth! :D

Sorry, sorry, sorry! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Shut her your dribly mouth! :D

Sorry, sorry, sorry! :o

That is fairly poor form now man!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

That is fairly poor form now man!

It was a jaw droppingly bad joke..... I'll get me coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

dgt wrote: »

Yep exactly, I'd say that's a fairly scarring thing to see MM. :(

Seems to be a bad day all round though today..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Lads got home safely thanks the recovery guy. He was an absolute gentleman. He owns a huge garage in kilkenny they have 4 large trucks and they do alot of servicing and stuff. Lovely guy to talk to. I'm just happy to be home tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

Something similar happened my aunt years ago except it was a car overtaking her too close and that car's wing mirror hit my aunt's and flew in through her window, smashing it and smashing my aunt's face in one go and ended up badly bruising the front passenger's leg before ending up in the passenger footwell.

I was in the back of the car and I'll never forget it.

That must have been rough to witness. A friend of mine's Father had the same thing happen to him in Cork years ago only the glass shattered and he lost his right eye. It was a sunny day and he had he window down. You couldn't predict it or make it up.

Tis bloody awful out, lots of branches and standing water. Be careful in the morning...

Also, a bit odd for a pigeon to be sitting on a branch at this time in this weather, don't think it was roosting :confused:
    renofan wrote: »
    That must have been rough to witness. A friend of mine's Father had the same thing happen to him in Cork years ago only the glass shattered and he lost his right eye. It was a sunny day and he had he window down. You couldn't predict it or make it up.

That's just brought back a nasty childhood memory, I had to watch glass being picked out of my dads eye after an accident when I was 8. I had nightmares for weeks :(:(:(

Just getting a cartell check done there and paid by paypal. they said they'll email me when theyve processed my request? any idea how long this usually takes? why cantr they be like every other place and just get it done straight away? :confused:

edit: took about a half hour but its done

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

This topic is now officially as depressing as the weather...

I blame you all.

We'll get SG to start posting drivel about the ST and see how your mood lightens then dar :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Today shall be a long day waiting to hear from the mechanic....

We'll get SG to start posting drivel about the ST and see how your mood lightens then dar :P

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXIkOH7XQzKtI7EFucicfQrGRLcWxFRYlip6h7B-YyqcE32oJx

this is the taxing history of the car. would it seem bad?
    31-Mar-2013
    31-Dec-2012
    30-Sep-2012
    31-Jul-2011
    30-Sep-2009
    31-Dec-2008
    30-Jun-2008
    30-Jun-2006

The vehicle was not taxed for a period. A gap in taxation of at least 1 years, was found in between 2006-06-30 and 2008-06-30 A gap in taxation of at least 10 months, was found in between 2009-09-30 and 2011-07-31 A gap in taxation of at least 2 months, was found in between 2011-07-31 and 2012-09-30 Gaps in taxation may indicate the vehicle was off the road for an extended period. We recommend you clarify the reason with the vendor

Ill be the 5th owner too. would that be normal for an 11 year old car?

Mine was same wouldn't let it bother you as once you get the car it's all irrelevant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

this is the taxing history of the car. would it seem bad?
    31-Mar-2013
    31-Dec-2012
    30-Sep-2012
    31-Jul-2011
    30-Sep-2009
    31-Dec-2008
    30-Jun-2008
    30-Jun-2006

The vehicle was not taxed for a period. A gap in taxation of at least 1 years, was found in between 2006-06-30 and 2008-06-30 A gap in taxation of at least 10 months, was found in between 2009-09-30 and 2011-07-31 A gap in taxation of at least 2 months, was found in between 2011-07-31 and 2012-09-30 Gaps in taxation may indicate the vehicle was off the road for an extended period. We recommend you clarify the reason with the vendor

Ill be the 5th owner too. would that be normal for an 11 year old car?

Mine has a lot more owners than that!

Is this that 325? Are they just the Irish owners?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement