Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

What does that do? We all know a dgt filter makes everything blurry but I haven't seen what an ND one does :P

In laymans terms, it's a dark filter that stops a lot of light coming through the lens.
    ND stands for neutral density, you can get filters with a gradient too, so the sky is dulled to keep the correct exposure for example. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Hahaha, not a fan of MV1's or MV2's!

There's always mv3s! Best of the lot :-) get that m sport bumper first though for feck sake

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

There's always mv3s! Best of the lot :-) get that m sport bumper first though for feck sake

I'd be the first to admit that I'm all talk these days! Pretty ****in broke at the minute :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

! Pretty ****in broke at the minute :(

Not to worry, that's a national pastime :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Sitting behind this just now. Never heard of it. Nice looking motor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

The peugeot TT as I think of it. If it's a petrol then it's the same engine is also used by the 07 onwards Mini Cooper S ie 1.6 turbo petrol. IIRC.
    Yeah, haven't seen many!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

MugMugs wrote: »
    Sitting behind this just now. Never heard of it. Nice looking motor
    It's a Corolla and a Pug. How long have you been hanging around the motors section?

Honestly hang your head in shame

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Its a peugeot rcz,

Fresh break away from the usual drab sh1te you see out there, definitly one for the fairer sex, but nice to see a bit of strange on the roads,

Plenty of them out there too, i see a lot on my travels anyway :)

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Its a peugeot rcz,
    , definitly one for the fairer sex, but nice to see a bit of strange on the roads,
    She was quite fair alright :D
    langdang wrote: »
    The peugeot TT as I think of it. If it's a petrol then it's the same engine is also used by the 07 onwards Mini Cooper S ie 1.6 turbo petrol. IIRC.
    Yeah, haven't seen many!
    Presuming she's thirsty given the slow speed up on the on ramp.

• Advertisement

ba_barabus wrote: »
    It's a Corolla and a Pug. How long have you been hanging around the motors section? ...........

To be fair John not everyone who hangs around the motors section has a huge interest in cars.

Couple that with the RCZ not being discussed much on here and it's not at all surprising some folks have never noticed one before :)

Have only seen one RCZ in the flesh. Class looking cars.

Have only seen on RCZ in the flesh...........

Serious?
    Even in Cork I've seen a good few in the last couple of years.

RoverJames wrote: »

To be fair John not everyone who hangs around the motors section has a huge interest in cars.

Couple that with the RCZ not being discussed much on here and it's not at all surprising some folks have never noticed one before :)
    I just remember them being splashed around a good bit at launch. Not common on the r

I just remember them being splashed around a good bit at launch. Not common on the roads but around enough to notice them.

Hardly crime of the century stuff though. Mind you I spotted a new Lancer hatch on the roads yesterday which caught my eye as being rare.

Serious?
    Even in Cork I've seen a good few in the last couple of years.
    Cork has a higher than average number of certain cars, as does Dublin. Minis and RCZs would definitely be two of those certain cars. I certainly haven't seen more than 2 RCZs in Limerick. Limerick has its own demographic that prefers different cars - You're more likely to see an english reg white audi/land rover/ range rover/ porsche cayenne than an RCZ in Limerick...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

You're more likely to see an english reg white audi/land rover/ range rover/ porsche cayenne than an RCZ in Limerick...

I wonder why that is! :p

ba_barabus wrote: »
    I just remember them being splashed around a good bit at launch. Not common on the roads but around enough to notice them.
    I think the most blatant example of this (for me) was the Kia Soul - they were flipping everywhere round Limerick for about a month, they must have been paying people to drive them round and round. You might see one a month now round here.

I think the most blatant example of this (for me) was the Kia Soul - they were flipping everywhere round Limerick for about a month, they must have been paying people to drive them round and round. You might see one a month now round here.
    Surprisingly nice little car actually. Test drove one for the mother and was quite impressed with it. In saying that haven't seen one on the roads yet.

Spotted a 131 reg Soul recently but agree with you about them being everywhere for a while after launch.

• Advertisement

656 views of the Astra in 8days but only one text and one serious interest from a friends friend who won't have the money for 2weeks

Bought a yoke yesterday (sisters charisma replacement), was priced to sell imo, for sale 3 weeks, we were the first phonecall.

Patience is needed, I was 4months selling a Celica in much better economic times years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

OSI wrote: »
    Woo, just blew a tyre. Now, instead of paying €110 a piece for Eagle F1s, I have the pleasure of paying €170 a piece. Wonderful.

Buy one, replace the blown tire. Purchase 3 more at €110 during the week, stick them on next weekend - save yourself €180 :)

Bought a yoke yesterday (sisters charisma replacement), was priced to sell imo, for sale 3 weeks, we were the first phonecall.

Patience is needed, I was 4months selling a Celica in much better economic times years back.

I really need this gone though! :D

I really need this gone though! :D

No doubt, theres a reason, besides the obvious ones that trade in values are as they are, even the best of cars can take time to shift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Vicxas was that you I saw pulling out of currys/pc world/ wankersoodies about 10 mins ago? I was just turning in!

Fecking Audi drivers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Yeah, fecking Audi ... Used a lovely E92 330i (272hp :cool:) vert as a ramp while aiming for the living room...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

TDI kicked in, ya?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement