Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

iyAhMdp.jpg

jCF8FNa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

MugMugs wrote: »
    Fecking Audi drivers :D

Was thinkin the exact same thing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

iyAhMdp.jpg

jCF8FNa.jpg

Bonus points for creaming the two of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Bonus points for creaming the two of them!
    Must've been some speed!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Christ my head is wrecked trying to figure out what car I want next. Why does this always seem easy but then ends up infuriating me every time I start looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Christ my head is wrecked trying to figure out what car I want next. Why does this always seem easy but then ends up infuriating me every time I start looking.

e46 325i? :pac:

Seems to be the standard choice these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,669 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

"My" car was there. :D

246238.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

What do you want/need?

ba_barabus wrote: »

I find making a list of things I want on top of my current motor helps.

e46 325i? :pac:

Seems to be the standard choice these days!
    I was lined up for a beauty of a 330ci but it was withdrawn.

Now I've got the hump about the cost of taxing something like that so I've started thinking about a small diesel. I'll be doing a lot of driving until the end of August which I wasn't doing up till now.

• Advertisement

CianRyan wrote: »
    What do you want/need?
    Any time I decide that I walk out and buy the complete opposite.

I've sat down and made a list MC and then changed my mind straight away.

So wait 'till after August an buy an S15 or an S2000! :D

CianRyan wrote: »
    So wait 'till after August an buy an S15 or an S2000! :D
    I'll need a rot box till then!

I found it simple, smidgen more power, xenons, nicer wheels, nav, less body roll.

Things like that.

Bangernomics 'till then and have some fun after summer.
    You'll have the advantage of people selling S2000's cheaper after the summer an it starts getting cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

dont know if im allowed post this but is there anyone here going to this? http://www.bmw-driver.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42554&page=8

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

dont know if im allowed post this but is there anyone here going to this? http://www.bmw-driver.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42554&page=8

I'd stay away from that tbh.I used to live very close to there and any time there was a late meet there, it attracted nothing but scobes and the coppers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I'd stay away from that tbh.I used to live very close to there and any time there was a late meet there, it attracted nothing but scobes and the coppers.
    I cant go anyway but i wouldnt mind seeing some of the metal there, even from afar :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Looks like its the egr that's at fault in my focus. My own mechanic can't do it he's booked out for 5 weeks :eek: so I am going to get it brought into a main dealer in Kilkenny they done work my astra. It's the nearest place and my dad knows the service manager so he is always fair enough price wise. Can't wait to have it back working :) they'll do diagnostics on it anyway. I dont even know what an egr would cost? I assume there not that cheap. It was weird being dropped to college in cork this evening by my mother. She was too pleased about having to drive me either :pac:

Tonight I'm mostly fancying an Ibiza TDI 130bhp or a Fabia VRS. Sadly all I can find are wrecked or leggy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Evening all.

New job is a complete headwreck, being able to park in work is about the only positive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Stheno wrote: »
    Evening all.

New job is a complete headwreck, being able to park in work is about the only positive :)

Bit early for you to be knocking off isn't it?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Evening all.

I was only thinkin I hadn't seen you around these parts.

New job is a complete headwreck...........

Worked for a crowd years ago that had plenty of cash to throw about, they sent some of us on speel about how you feel about your job or something to that effect.

The gist of it was there's
    - the honeymoon period, you think you're "da sh1t" as this company has selected you for this role, as you haven't much of an idea of the role all is happy out (this doesn't apply to you as iirc you already work in the company and know the wood from the trees :) )
    - the "oh f**k" phase (they didn't call it that), basically you settle in and realise what's expected/required etc and it's like OMGF I can't do this, yuk yuk yuk, headwreck bla bla bla
    - than you get on top of it (that's the plan anyway) as you master the role and make it your own, develop ways of doing stuff easily and improving on what your predecessor did.

At the time I thought it was a load of t0ss but as the years have gone on from what I've experienced and seen happen to friend, family and colleagues I think there's some merit to some of it :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Bit early for you to be knocking off isn't it?

:pac:

Not considering I finished at 11:30pm Friday, and did well over my estimated ten hours this weekend :)
    I was only thinkin I hadn't seen you around these parts.

I've been lurking in the brief periods of sanity I've had :)

Easter weekend is the next washout :(

Weirdly I'm enjoying it :)

RoverJames wrote: »
    Worked for a crowd years ago that had plenty of cash to throw about, they sent some of us on speel about how you feel about your job or something to that effect.

The gist of it was there's
    - the honeymoon period, you think you're "da sh1t" as this company has selected you for this role, as you haven't much of an idea of the role all is happy out (this doesn't apply to you as iirc you already work in the company and know the wood from the trees :) )
    - the "oh f**k" phase (they didn't call it that), basically you settle in and realise what's expected/required etc and it's like OMGF I can't do this, yuk yuk yuk, headwreck bla bla bla
    - than you get on top of it (that's the plan anyway) as you master the role and make it your own, develop ways of doing stuff easily and improving on what your predecessor did.

At the time I thought it was a load of t0ss but as the years have gone on from what I've experienced and seen happen to friend, family and colleagues I think there's some merit to some of it :)

I'm in the oh **** phase at the moment! No nice honeymoon phase for me :) Took about two hours on day one :D

Best of luck with it, you went in with the eyes open and know you can do it so you'll be grand.

RoverJames wrote: »
    Best of luck with it, you went in with the eyes open and know you can do it so you'll be grand.

Yeah it's been a real roller coaster of a week, but looking back on it, I'm proud of what I achieved, it's seriously hard work, but I think I'll be ok.

I went in with eyes opened and they've been opened further :)

And it's so nice to be able to drive in and out of work :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Weirdly I'm enjoying it :)

If you like what your doing that's the main thing. It's like my dad retrained 2 years ago and completely changed career paths. He is currently working 60-90 hours a week and driving about 2k km most weeks and he absolutely loves it. I've never seen him so happy in my life I asked him about it and he doesn't even consider it work. At least he gets a break every few weeks or between jobs still its serious hours IMO. Best of luck with the new roles I hope it all works out for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

A GT86 just pulled up beside me at traffic lights at the tesco beside Nutley lane, being driven by a woman, I noticed the tail lights first, then the alloys and as it pulled away the toyota badge.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement