Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Bpmull wrote: »
    If you like what your doing that's the main thing. It's like my dad retrained 2 years ago and completely changed career paths. He is currently working 60-90 hours a week and driving about 2k km most weeks and he absolutely loves it. I've never seen him so happy in my life I asked him about it and he doesn't even consider it work. At least he gets a break every few weeks or between jobs still its serious hours IMO.

Yeah tbh that's 100% it for me. I really really enjoy what I'm doing in this new role, it will make a difference to my company, will add to my c.v., and my partner this past week has said to me loads of times, that it's good to see me on top of my game again. I too don't consider the long hours as work, more a goal I've set myself that I want to achieve, and it's a superb opportunity for me.

And tbh, I'm enjoying the challenge. :) I'm very lucky that I'll be able to demonstrate making a difference this week, then the next, so I'll have small achievements that will build up week on week to eventually become a massive difference.

Let's not get carried away with the corporate bullsh1t now folks :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

RoverJames wrote: »
    Let's not get carried away with the corporate bullsh1t now folks :pac:

Let us always consider the bottom line and how much a role will add to our cvs :)

On another note, I'm hoping to get the bodywork on my car fixed in the next six weeks, really really looking forward to it :)

There's a few little imperfections on the Cherokee that I was considering getting sorted but I don't think I'll bother.

I'll get the back window blacked out and I reckon I'll either get a decent double din yoke sorted or else get a yokee majig that'll talk to my phone. Thing in it only plays bought CDs :rolleyes:

Uncarrelated, the Nescafe Alta Rica Intense is grand stuff, yummy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

My grandparents bought a new model octavia yesterday. Traded in there 11 one (exact same as our one). They bought the 2.0l tdi 150bhp elegance spec. Hoping to have it by next Wednesday. Garage recons it will be one of the first on the road. They got a ridiculously high trade on there own I thought. I'm going up to athlone next week so ill see it it will be nice to see one in the flesh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Worked for a crowd years ago that had plenty of cash to throw about, they sent some of us on speel about how you feel about your job or something to that effect.

The gist of it was there's
    - the honeymoon period, you think you're "da sh1t" as this company has selected you for this role, as you haven't much of an idea of the role all is happy out (this doesn't apply to you as iirc you already work in the company and know the wood from the trees :) )
    - the "oh f**k" phase (they didn't call it that), basically you settle in and realise what's expected/required etc and it's like OMGF I can't do this, yuk yuk yuk, headwreck bla bla bla
    - than you get on top of it (that's the plan anyway) as you master the role and make it your own, develop ways of doing stuff easily and improving on what your predecessor did.

At the time I thought it was a load of t0ss but as the years have gone on from what I've experienced and seen happen to friend, family and colleagues I think there's some merit to some of it :)

...started new job in January...and that pretty much sums up the transition in a nutshell :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

There's a few little imperfections on the Cherokee that I was considering getting sorted but I don't think I'll bother.

I'll get the back window blacked out and I reckon I'll either get a decent double din yoke sorted or else get a yokee majig that'll talk to my phone. Thing in it only plays bought CDs :rolleyes:

Uncarrelated, the Nescafe Alta Rica Intense is grand stuff, yummy.

That's just reminded me....

Anyone know where I can get decent tint these days? It's very difficult to shape the cheaper sh*te without burning it and getting rid of all the bubbles.... :mad:

Also, the Nescafé sachets of coffee are bliss with breakfast :P doesn't beat a fresh espresso though....!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

The alta rica is good alright. The new "premium/barista style instants" are trying a bit too hard though! Have my eye on a new job, I foresee another "what car" thread... Hmm volvo v70 gus fring style? Accord estate if I can find one? Legacy/outback? Hmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Anyone know what the UK's version of what DoneDeal is here ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I always look at Piston Heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Anyone know what the UK's version of what DoneDeal is here ?

Seems like everyone uses autotrader

Have an inkling they're murder for gumtree over there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Alot of English cars sold on Ebay.co.uk as well. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Seems like everyone uses autotrader

Thanks, clever me mistakenly only realised i was browsing the irish version which is rubbish :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Great reg number for a Red TT

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Bit late there Hal :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 228 ✭✭shinkansen

dgt wrote: »
    TDI kicked in, ya?

that must have been a petrol audi..?

but wtf.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 228 ✭✭shinkansen

iyAhMdp.jpg

jCF8FNa.jpg

imagine his insurance claim

taking out 3 x cars and section of a house and a storage garage

way to go sir.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

And Bobby got a 3rd in his first outing, I'm sure he'll improve as the season goes on too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Finally heard from the garage. The car MIGHT yet be salvageable!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Bit late there Hal :D

Ohhh :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

nice price WAS on radios... havent seen even in China :D

In Halfords

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Oooof me head :(

Also, it conveniently has to start blizzarding when I'm outside working on this car and engine..... Ah well, that'll waken me up!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

shinkansen wrote: »
    that must have been a petrol audi..?

but wtf.

It could have been a TDI is it was the newer model, but yeah, petrol:
    https://www.cartell.ie/ssl/servlet/beginStarLookup?registration=r13dtt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

just driving out of work from city west and om looking up at those lovely white mountains drooling tempting myself to go ......

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4631652

going to look at this later, the missus wants a summer project to trick around with :)

if he wants 750 and he'l tax it for 3 months, i'mm hoping he'l take 600 and **** the tax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4631652

going to look at this later, the missus wants a summer project to trick around with :)

if he wants 750 and he'l tax it for 3 months, i'mm hoping he'l take 600 and **** the tax.
    Handy bangernomics but it's ticking SO many boxes from the "phrases you hate on donedeal" thread, makes the seller sound like a chancer TBH.

• Advertisement

he talks like a chancer too tbh. still, looks clean, reliable 5e engine, bit of test, its a toyota :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement