Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Worth my while putting Astra on carzone lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Is it on Adverts?
    Car zone is stupidly over priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

CianRyan wrote: »
    Is it on Adverts?
    Car zone is stupidly over priced.

Hahaha adverts...

Swap for my left shoe and a bag of tayto lad?

Worth my while putting Astra on carzone lads?

Nope, donedeal is the only way imo :)

It's pretty rough going but it €0 to post the add or €35.
    It's worth the shot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

It's pretty rough going but it €0 to post the add or €35.
    It's worth the shot.

I agree. I'd post it up on adverts you have nothing to loss and there is genuine people on the site. If someone makes a stupid offer its easy to say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Adverts is shyte. It'll only annoy you putting it up there. I wouldn't bother.

I've been looking at cars all day. Nowt out there and I'm left with a headache

RoverJames wrote: »
    My sister eventually has gotten around to replacing her much loved Ford Ka (she's been in a bangernomics Carisma for a year now, a few weeks was the plan).

Anyway, had a look at a 2007 Mini One in a local Mini dealer, €10,995 iirc was the asking price. 1.4 petrol 6 speed, red with white roof and other Cooper esque touches.

Now I thought this was sheer lunacy, even if they knocked a grand off (which I reckon they would have). But I could see the sister being really tempted by the two year warranty etc etc.

Dunno where the folks got her from back in the day :pac:

The 2007 one we looked at still isn't up on their site so I can't link to it, anyway they're asking €10,950 :)
    RoverJames wrote: »
    Indeed, her little brother had a better plan though :cool:.........

The better plan was a 2006 1.6 Mini One Seven :)
    She collected it today and is happy out.

IMAG0164_zps55d955e1.jpg

IMAG0165_zps513009bc.jpg

Two front tyres and a decent full valet and 'twill be just like it left a showroom :cool: ( minus the warranty of course :pac: )

I'm liking those alloys on that RJ

It's lovely to be fair, the 7s have a nice interior too, the wine red is a good colour to last. The seller got it washed between Saturday and today and it came up very nice. The sister is delighted, you'd nearly get two of them for the asking of the 07 :eek: 100k kms on it too which isn't too bad :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

well wear wit the new car, those alloys look the business :D

Garage collected the focus this evening. There hoping to find what's wrong with it tomorrow so they can order parts and have the car fixed by thursaday. As there closed Friday and Monday. Just a waiting game now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

dgt wrote: »
    Ah heyor all you have to do is gawk at the news to see how badly the snow hit NI....!

The road above my mates house in Derry

DSC_0133.jpg

Drifts in places were 6ft deep:eek:

Alfa looking sorry for herself

DSC_0128.jpg

The 159 is the worst snow car ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Hopefully it wont be too expensive, The not knowing whats wrong would drive me mad :(

Autosport wrote: »
    Hopefully it wont be too expensive, The not knowing whats wrong would drive me mad :(

That is the worst part all right. No matter what I done I couldn't get it to start. But then I'm not a mechanic so hopefully they will diagnose the problem quickly. The garage said they would let us know by tomorrow evening what's wrong with it so that's not too bad at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

ba_barabus wrote: »
    I've been looking at cars all day. Nowt out there and I'm left with a headache

Buy a VW Passat for normal driving and an MGF as a weekend car :pac:

Buy a VW Passat for normal driving and an NA MX-5 as a weekend car :pac:

FYP.

Buy a VW Passat for normal driving and an MGF as a weekend car :pac:
    That worked well before :P

Although you may not be that far from the truth as my mechanic has called me to say he might have something for me.......

I have to wait until Wednesday for the BMW to go before I have cash in my hand to go shopping though. Sadly shopping will have to wait a week after that as I'm going away for a week on Thursday.

Although todays lesson was that dealers are still charging CRACKERS prices for cars in the lower segment of the market

Today in college we were learning about this new material. It's called photo catalyst semi conductor translucent powder. Basically you put it on any glass and it forms a translucent layer. Once the glass is marked by finger prints or dirt ultra violet light from the sun activate electrons. They oxidise the dirt. And next time the it rains the oxidised material material is washed away. The powder never wears of and oxidise as much dirt as is on the window. So it's effectively self cleaning glass :) couldn't help but think it would be some stuff for car windows. The more dirt on the glass the more the glass cleans itself :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

FYP.

Do you not know that ba had a Passat and MGF (which he tried to restore) about a year ago?

Do you not know that ba had a Passat and MGF (which he tried to restore) about a year ago?

Well I know now. :p

:o

Two cars similtaneously falling apart at once was too much for me. I could forgive the MG as it was expected but the Pisshat pushed me over the edge.

Both went in the end.

colm_mcm wrote: »

That's a complete joke altogether going by the comments he/she was originally looking for 13k euro seriously :D then it says the car is well mined looks dirty in the one picture although its hard to judge. It's not as nice as my focus anyway :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Last I heard that Passat was STILL in Nissan Doctor's yard! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Last I heard that Passat was STILL in Nissan Doctor's yard! :D
    That Pisshat went on to have a top end rebuild.

3 Days later it blew the turdo

A month later the rad went.

I believe it's given 'other' issues too although that was down to dodgy fuel

HOS

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

Is ba johnos1984? I've no doubt this was answered a long time ago

Dr.Rieux wrote: »
    Is ba johnos1984? I've no doubt this was answered a long time ago

Yes.

Although I think everyone just figured it out rather than it being posted :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

I was a long time lurker and finally joined up shortly after you left, I got one or two pm's when I joined asking was I you because I've a B6 Passat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement