Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Dr.Rieux wrote: »
    I was a long time lurker and finally joined up shortly after you left, I got one or two pm's when I joined asking was I you because I've a B6 Passat.

Well you can blame me :D

Hope the PM's were nice

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

They were very complimentary towards you, when I replied saying I wasn't you people seemed almost disappointed.

Car related, I've had my Passat a year tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

ba_barabus wrote: »
    That worked well before :P

Although you may not be that far from the truth as my mechanic has called me to say he might have something for me.......
    Same lad that set you up with the v Dub or have you moved on from him??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

colm_mcm wrote: »

"Withdrawing ad due to unforeseen circumstances"

Unforeseen circumstances meaning he thought there actually was sometime thick enough to offer him what he was looking for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

That Pisshat went on to have a top end rebuild.

3 Days later it blew the turdo

HOS
    Blew the TURDO haha, either a great pun or a fantastic typo considering your attitude to the car haha.

Feeling pretty dumb - never made the connection!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

langdang wrote: »

Feeling pretty dumb - never made the connection!

Don't worry, you're not alone :D

MugMugs wrote: »
    Same lad that set you up with the v Dub or have you moved on from him??
    I'd love to know why you feel I was 'set up' or are you just slandering someone without evidence?

Blew the TURDO haha, either a great pun

Can't you remember that I'm puntastic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I'd love to know why you feel I was 'set up' or are you just slandering someone without evidence?

I don't think he means it like that, or at least I didn't read it like that.

Term of phrase actually :) No insinuation ...

• Advertisement

Suspicion haunts the guilty mind :D

That's ok so. I was hoping you'd finally reveal some motoring knowledge but I guess I'll just have to feel let down yet again

Suspicion haunts the guilty mind :D
    My car is shinier than yours ;)

My car is shinier than yours ;)

The stupid man closes his eyes and opens his mouth :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Jaaaaaysus, came in for a nosey, have been hiding behind a table for the past half hour,

avoiding the snipers :p

Currently watching the lamp-post, if i see sneachta, im going drifting :pac:

The stupid man closes his eyes and opens his mouth :pac:

This remind me, I was messing with one of the lads in training the other night and my trainer muttered something along the lines of "A silver medal is the greatest reflection of failure."
    As if that slap in the nuts wasn't enough, I was wrestling in a competition on Saturday morning, I won silver and the look he gave me was worse than anything he could have said.

So to summarise, **** proverbs. :pac:

Edit: If it snows tonight I'll be pissed off, no petrol and no money 'till tomorrow morning!

Dr.Rieux wrote: »
    They were very complimentary towards you, when I replied saying I wasn't you people seemed almost disappointed........

One of the good guys is JohnO / Ba :)

Place wasn't the same without him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

CianRyan wrote: »
    Edit: If it snows tonight I'll be pissed off, no petrol and no money 'till tomorrow morning!
    I have somewhere VERY important to be early tomorrow, snow/ice is going to make for a very bad early start to the day...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Jesus H, do we have to do this cr@p all over?

I have somewhere VERY important to be early tomorrow, snow/ice is going to make for a very bad early start to the day...

You alright with tomorrow night? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

CianRyan wrote: »
    This remind me, I was messing with one of the lads in training the other night and my trainer muttered something along the lines of "A silver medal is the greatest reflection of failure."
    As if that slap in the nuts wasn't enough, I was wrestling in a competition on Saturday morning, I won silver and the look he gave me was worse than anything he could have said.

I know a few people with similar attitude... one person would prefer to get bronze over silver, because at least then you won to get it rather than losing to get silver.

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Jesus H, do we have to do this cr@p all over?
    Hope not but I will defend myself :)

Edit: As such if there are still some bitter folk out there I'd prefer if we could call each other sissies over PM and leave normal boards society alone

I know a few people with similar attitude... one person would prefer to get bronze over silver, because at least then you won to get it rather than losing to get silver.

I was just happy to be there, wasn't expecting anything to come from it as it was my first competition. I did my best and lost to the better fighter, a medal was just a bonus. :)
    The lad that won was my training partner so that makes it even better.

leave normal boards society alone

Amen to that, brother :cool:

On a lighter note I saw possibly the worst colour combo on a BMW known to man.

It was a 1995 compact with a pinkish silver exterior colour and a dark red interior trim. It looked like a whores bedroom.

It didn't have a good starting point to begin with, I think the compact is the most hideous design BMW ever came out with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

On a lighter note I saw possibly the worst colour combo on a BMW known to man....

As bad as this?
    05fc424a8da7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

^ Ah

The good aul 31ento, i remember them fondly :pac:

Where's the puke smiley? :eek:

It didn't have a good starting point to begin with, I think the compact is the most hideous design BMW ever came out with.
    I can't even find a picture on google to show it. My eyes were so offended I couldn't take a snap of it.

• Advertisement

The compact, along with that similar ugly Merc of the same era (can't remember the name) are some of the worst designs ever to come out of Germany.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement