Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Marcusm wrote: »
    Only in the original German, in English it would generally be written phoeetically as schtum!

This is true but I prefer originality :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

CianRyan wrote: »
    I don't disagree but I'm not talking about how they drive.
    It's renowned for being ugly.

It was pretty horrible, but I think its just about grew into its shape now:
    2014-BMW-1-Series-Three-Doors-Hatchback-315hp-for-M135i_1_3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

LED rears? Want them, but that's a long way down my list of things at the minute! :P

well break pads are ordered ill fit them thursday and im debating on bmw technic diagnostic set.
    led rears yes, but i dont know which ones to get.
    this style http://www.ebay.de/itm/LED-RUCKLEUCHTEN-SET-in-ROT-WEISS-fur-3er-BMW-E46-Coupe-4-99-HECKLEUCHTEN-MCP-/380602389676?pt=DE_Autoteile&fits=Make%3ABMW%7CPlatform%3AE46&hash=item589dab94ac

or

http://www.ebay.de/itm/LED-RUCKLEUCHTEN-SET-in-ROT-SMOKE-fur-3er-BMW-E46-Coupe-4-99-HECKLEUCHTEN-MCP-/380602403782?pt=DE_Autoteile&fits=Make%3ABMW%7CPlatform%3AE46&hash=item589dabcbc6

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Thanks for the link! Haven't found them that cheap before :eek:

Im thinking of going with the smoked rears, as my front side lights are dark too. Could look well :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Not really worth starting a new thread for but my aunty is buying a BMW 130i. I'm just wondering does anyone know much about them are they reliable or is there any major problems with them. Also out of curiosity how many horses are they putting out ?

• Advertisement

Thanks for the link! Haven't found them that cheap before :eek:

Im thinking of going with the smoked rears, as my front side lights are dark too. Could look well :cool:

ebay.de ftw man, half the stuff i ordered for the astrsa was from there, always cheaper. im not sure if they are plug and play ones though i just linked it for the style.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

FINALLY got word on Saabrina.
    Haven't gotten a final cost yet, but its ready to collect. I'll get it tomorrow,I'm working nights so ill go when I get up.
    The story is the auxiliary belt gave up and shredded itself. That took out the top radiator pipe. So new pipe, belt and filled up the coolant.
    Now the bad news. The belt is only in since last summer. Had it replaced as it was frayed and probably in since new. The mechanic said it was completely destroyed in oil, as were the pulleys and the underneath of the car. They cleaned it up but didn't tackle the leak as they knew not to run up too much of a bill. I am going to push it through the nct in the next week or two and if it looks good then I'll tackle that leak. See how it does first.
    Do those engines have typical leaks? Rocker cover or anything. I've done 10000 miles in just under a year and have topped up 2.5-3 litres in that time. Thought it was just burning it. Full oil change last month too.

Thoughts anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Matt Simis wrote: »

It was pretty horrible, but I think its just about grew into its shape now:
    2014-BMW-1-Series-Three-Doors-Hatchback-315hp-for-M135i_1_3.jpg

I had to double take there, thought it was an STI!
    It does look well there though, less like a squatting, squished 3 series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Ah this feckin shnoww is stickin.... :mad:

Lucky. :(
    I had to drive all the way up to Kippure Estate to find enough snow for one skid.

• Advertisement

Jimdagym wrote: »
    FINALLY got word on Saabrina.
    Haven't gotten a final cost yet, but its ready to collect.
    Thoughts anyone?
    At least you know what wrong with yours now and it's sorted. I wish an auxiliary belt was all that was wrong with mine. As for the oil leak your probably right to nct it first and see where you stand from there.

Bpmull wrote: »
    At least you know what wrong with yours now and it's sorted. I wish an auxiliary belt was all that was wrong with mine. As for the oil leak your probably right to nct it first and see where you stand from there.

I think so, not throwing money at it to fail the nct!

Hopefully you will hear soon and we can put black thursday behind us!!

:) Just got news from the garage there was nothing wrong with the car only the fuel filter. It stopped because the old one was so bad and when we changed it there was air in the system. So took the air out of the system and they said its running perfect now no fault codes on the diagnostics. On of there mechanics Is going to drive it home this evening and bring it back in the morning just so there sure it won't cut out again. Absolutely delighted could have been south worse I was expecting egr valve or something like that. Collecting it on Thursday when I get back from college :D.

Bpmull wrote: »
    :) Just got news from the garage there was nothing wrong with the car only the fuel filter. It stopped because the old one was so bad and when we changed it there was air in the system. So took the air out of the system and they said its running perfect now no fault codes on the diagnostics. On of there mechanics Is going to drive it home this evening and bring it back in the morning just so there sure it won't cut out again. Absolutely delighted could have been south worse I was expecting egr valve or something like that. Collecting it on Thursday when I get back from college :D.

Relief!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

OK I'm at the risk of sounding stupid here so bare with me. I'm in desperate need for rear anti roll bar bushes for the Levin (NCT on the 5th) . All the Motor factors that I have gone to don't have the part listed on their books :confused:. Now I have found out that Celicas (st204 and st205) use the same diameter (16mm) rear roll bar bushes. The AE101 Levins also use this bush.

My question is will they have the same outside diameter and length as the ones in my car?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

When i bought my Goodyears i was meant to get 20 sterling with x2 for 2 sets of 2 tyres, got no such coupon in the physical form, do you redeem it online or ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

BMW 760i in Beshoff, the only one for sale in UK & Ireland, and the only 'i' i've ever seen. Savage value.

Think they'd let me test drive it? :pac:

Lucky. :(

Say that when your outside in a blizzard trying to do a t belt change! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Think they'd let me test drive it? :pac:

Always worth a shot! They've had three of the best examples i've ever seen in the last two months. 50s and 60s.

dgt wrote: »
    Say that when your outside in a blizzard trying to do a t belt change! :pac:

I did exactly that a few months back, not fun!
    Well, alternator belt but still.
    Always worth a shot! They've had three of the best examples i've ever seen in the last two months. 50s and 60s.

I think I'd be better off asking after I get my full licence. :p
    Worth a shot then alright!

I remember 1st car i went to see when i was 19 with my dad in a Ford garage in Galway looking to test drive a car with 4-5k at the time.

Im looking at it had 2 grand in my pocket and afew more saved my da didn't know about when auld lad exclaims "Shurre you don't have the money for that yoke" after which salesman pretty much walks away lol.

Ahh Daddy

They just don't know when to keep their mounts shut, eh? Haha

I did exactly that a few months back, not fun!
    Well, alternator belt but still.

Now on top of the belt change throw in an oil change, filters, 2 x throttle body clean, 2 rearmost arms, failed tyre change, drop links and thermostat all in the dark and in a blizzard :pac:

Well im off to bed to dream of 40mm spacers and lowering springs and castrol edge and the like aaaaand strangling trappatoni mentally at 70 minutes screaming "Put on Houlihan you old fart listen to Tardelli ffs"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I remember 1st car i went to see when i was 19 with my dad in a Ford garage in Galway looking to test drive a car with 4-5k at the time.

Im looking at it had 2 grand in my pocket and afew more saved my da didn't know about when auld lad exclaims "Shurre you don't have the money for that yoke" after which salesman pretty much walks away lol.

Ahh Daddy

Da's are mad... a few hours before my father passed away he told me I was too heavy to race cars. Funnily enough it's a nice memory to hold on to :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Anyone know anything about house alarms?

The battery is gone in mine and I want to change it but don't know how. Don't fancy paying €90 for it to be sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about house alarms?

The battery is gone in mine and I want to change it but don't know how. Don't fancy paying €90 for it to be sorted.

I have no idea tbh, I'm not going to advise you either incase I case you to get a massive shock or something similar. :eek: But it would be a good idea to ask the members that use this forum here. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I have no idea tbh, I'm not going to advise you either incase I case you to get a massive shock or something similar. :eek: But it would be a good idea to ask the members that use this forum here. :)
    Never even spotted it!

Thanks BW

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement