Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

LIGHTNING wrote: »

Just look at the Nascar grid, half of them look like they would struggle to walk up a flight of stairs :pac:
    Shake and bake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Just look at the Nascar grid, half of them look like they would struggle to walk up a flight of stairs :pac:

Same as the ITCC grid so :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

yEcDMwM.jpg

This is March.

Right. Going to be a fun commute.

What's it like in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

BMW 760i in Beshoff, the only one for sale in UK & Ireland, and the only 'i' i've ever seen. Savage value.

Don't ya just know he/she replaced it with a diesel!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I'll never take to the E65 no matter what's under the hood.

ba_barabus wrote: »
    What's it like in Dublin?
    That was taken in Dublin.

Radio says it's ****e.

I think I'm feeling sick today, don't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Pay day yesterday so I'm naturally broke today ;)

Ordered new wheel arch liners + clips / screws because mine are loose and rubbing off the tyres (clips were €30 from a dealer in the UK), new top dash vent trim because it's lifted (common fault apparently), mirror screw cover because after I tightened the mirror itself - it fell off (whoops) and new clean scratch free reg plates and H4 Xenon lights + 501's that are clear instead of blue to top it off. Also have the rear window cable / regulator to change and the new red Fiat badge for the back.

Finally, I've found alloys I like and that I think ya'll will approve of for the GP - just gotta wait until next pay day :).

$T2eC16R,!zcE9s4g3JD,BRG2yhFlVQ~~60_12.JPG

Dartz wrote: »
    That was taken in Dublin.

Radio says it's ****e.

I think I'm feeling sick today, don't you?
    Have to go to the city center by lunch time. Will be travelling up the M7

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

OSI wrote: »
    Northside of Dublin had a fair bit of snow when I left around half seven. Enough to give my 4 day old Eagle F1s trouble on the roundabouts anyway. Central Dublin is fine though. The snows falling, but there's too much traffic movement for it too stick or even cause trouble.

Just coming off the slip for Blanch earlier on the M50 in the far left lane when an Avensis went hooring up the outside lane..... then saw the traffic in front and buried into the railing.... Tore the side off his motor.... Not two minutes later and another Avensis, hammering up the same lane ploughs into the back of a Golf.

Idiots speeding in snow at least entertain me somewhat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

MugMugs wrote: »
    Just coming off the slip for Blanch earlier on the M50 in the far left lane when an Avensis went hooring up the outside lane..... then saw the traffic in front and buried into the railing.... Tore the side off his motor.... Not two minutes later and another Avensis, hammering up the same lane ploughs into the back of a Golf.

And they say the Avensis and the people who drive them are boring :rolleyes: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

MugMugs wrote: »

Seen that being taken away on a recovery truck as I came by it there alright, their stupidity is not just limited to when its snowing though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Glad I decided to avoid the mess that is the M50 and work from home today so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Passed a Qashqai / Passat crash myself bypassing Blanch today.

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Have to go to the city center by lunch time. Will be travelling up the M7

Not bad actually.

Radio is wrong.

Most of it's just slush or melted now and you get the odd crawler at 20kph but it's perfectly fine.

Overblown as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

advertsfox wrote: »
    Pay day yesterday so I'm naturally broke today ;)

Ordered new wheel arch liners + clips / screws because mine are loose and rubbing off the tyres (clips were €30 from a dealer in the UK), new top dash vent trim because it's lifted (common fault apparently), mirror screw cover because after I tightened the mirror itself - it fell off (whoops) and new clean scratch free reg plates and H4 Xenon lights + 501's that are clear instead of blue to top it off. Also have the rear window cable / regulator to change and the new red Fiat badge for the back.

Finally, I've found alloys I like and that I think ya'll will approve of for the GP - just gotta wait until next pay day :).

[]

Nice wheels dude :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Al, where did you get your smoked front indicator lenses?
    ordered full smd interior set last night for 20 quid :)

The Mini made it to Dublin :pac:

Al, where did you get your smoked front indicator lenses?
    ordered full smd interior set last night for 20 quid :)

ebay, they were cheap too. There's a few different options for them.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/BMW-E46-3-SERIES-01-03-COUPE-CRYSTAL-BLACK-INDICATORS-/300707540355?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item460390ed83#ht_1905wt_1200

They were the ones I got, but like I said, there's a few different options. They did the job though.

Oh, and if you're going down that route of changing lenses, don't forget to pick up some silver indicator bulbs. Looks kind of silly with the orange bulbs in them. Should only cost a couple of quid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

dont want the egg look :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

draffodx wrote: »
    1.6? :(

I have an EG with a 1.6sohc vtec, it's not that bad, quite a bit of fun actually :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

i think it looks tidy all considered for 400 euro. probably rusty

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

i think it looks tidy all considered for 400 euro. probably rusty

I suppose if she was so clean inside you'd expect interior pics.

Sure 400 quid is only a few nights out. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

If I had the money I'd turn it into a track car.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Matt Simis won't like THIS

Merc's new AMG CLA, 2 litre, 4 cylinder turbo pumping out 354bhp :eek:

Matt Simis won't like THIS

Merc's new AMG CLA, 2 litre, 4 cylinder turbo pumping out 354bhp :eek:

0-62 in 4.6 seconds...feckin' hell!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Beep beep!
    Saabrina is back on the road! I missed her sooo much. Driving her focus is like driving a jaysusin corpse!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement