Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

A fancy Evo so?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Nice to see them finally catching up with Japan. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Oh, and if you're going down that route of changing lenses, don't forget to pick up some silver indicator bulbs. Looks kind of silly with the orange bulbs in them. Should only cost a couple of quid.

Silver indicator bulbs.........are you just trying to annoy me:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Matt Simis won't like THIS

Merc's new AMG CLA, 2 litre, 4 cylinder turbo pumping out 354bhp :eek:

They do mention "spontaneous boost", but those stock figures do scare the bejaysus out of me for Turbo lag reasons!

Cian - I'd love to see any Japanese performance car ever having an interior as good as that though and not look like an 80's Euro one. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Test drove a car for a friend this morning who was desperate for an old MK1 Laguna.

I had never driven one before and although it was a bit rough I found it surprisingly nice

• Advertisement

Meh, If I wanted a luxury car then I'd buy an S Class.
    With a small fast turbo car I'd be more concerned about the drive and pushing big power out of turbo 4 cylinders is no new thing.

Not saying it wont be a nice car but I'm not at all socked at the figures.

Oh, and an LFA has an alright interior, no cup holders though. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Test drove a car for a friend this morning who was desperate for an old MK1 Laguna.

I had never driven one before and although it was a bit rough I found it surprisingly nice

of all the cars to really really want :confused:

of all the cars to really really want :confused:
    I'm weird like that.

I don't know what I was expecting but found it so comfortable.

WDIAGW

So you are your friend?

:P

Having two Boards accounts looks to be having more effect than I ever thought possible on someone.

dar83 wrote: »
    So you are your friend?

:P

Having two Boards accounts looks to be having more effect than I ever thought possible on someone.

:confused:

I only have one account.

If you're going to be smart at least be intelligent about it. Have a look at the date of last activity and the 'account closed' bit.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=285393

And just for a reminder
    MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Jesus H, do we have to do this cr@p all over?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

CianRyan wrote: »

Oh, and an LFA has an alright interior, no cup holders though. :p

But how much do they cost again?
    :)

But how much do they cost again?
    :)

Nothing, they're all sold out. :p

Still, my original post was only poking fun at what is obviously going to be a great car. I'm sure reviewers will make a huge deal about the power out out though even though Nissan had released the GTI-R with 249bhp 23 years ago. Also AWD.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I only have one account.

If you're going to be smart at least be intelligent about it. Have a look at the date of last activity and the 'account closed' bit.

And just for a reminder

Lad, he was joking with ya, don't be going on the offensive so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Matt Simis won't like THIS

Merc's new AMG CLA, 2 litre, 4 cylinder turbo pumping out 354bhp :eek:
    They do mention "spontaneous boost", but those stock figures do scare the bejaysus out of me for Turbo lag reasons!

Spontaneous is another word for unpredictable and harsh me thinks.
    Id love to give it a shot, but yeah they would have to be very creative to get around significant lag and power drop off outside a big version of a diesel power spike. Even a Twinscroll wont cover that up.. IMO.
    Love to see the proper hardcore technical details of how its implemented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Getting my car back tomorrow can't wait :) some amount of hassle and cost over a fuel filter. My aux in arrived for the radio today. So ill fit that tomorrow. And then of to athlone (dads from there going up to visit family) on Friday for the weekend. On another note I started using parcel motel and its very handy specially for the lights of small things like the aux in you get free postage using the Northern Ireland address its a great idea. Only discovered it a few weeks ago.

I only have one account.

And just for a reminder

Jesus, what crawled up your arse and died?!

I made a simple joke based on the fact you had a different account previously and your apparent multiple personalities based on the last few posts. It wasn't a major leap or something that required much intelligence but if you want to get seriously defensive over it then be my guest. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Got out of the car this evening after driving home from work and could smell the distinctive smell of hot metal. I checked the wheels and the drivers side front wheel was radiating heat. Took the wheel off and looks like the caliper may have seized. Time to head to the mechanic in the morning. Fingers crossed it has not done too much damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Celtxx wrote: »
    Got out of the car this evening after driving home from work and could smell the distinctive smell of hot metal. I checked the wheels and the drivers side front wheel was radiating heat. Took the wheel off and looks like the caliper may have seized. Time to head to the mechanic in the morning. Fingers crossed it has not done too much damage.

Well, it depends what you are expecting regarding "too much damage". With that level of heat (surely you noticed the car pulling to one side?) most likely everything on that side will need to be changed:

- Discs
    - Brake Pads
    - Caliper
    - Brake line

Jesus, what crawled up your arse and died?! . :D
    I don't know but my housemates have just asked me the same thing.

Sorry just been doing a lot of running around today not fully tuned in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Well, it depends what you are expecting regarding "too much damage". With that level of heat (surely you noticed the car pulling to one side?) most likely everything on that side will need to be changed:

- Discs
    - Brake Pads
    - Caliper
    - Brake line

No it was not pulling at all. I reckon its only ever so slightly binding as the disc looked to be in good enough shape from what I could see in the dark. Could not really see the back of it though. Best case a refurb of the calipers and worse case replace everything like you have said.

• Advertisement

On a bad note, I just paid my tax for the year :(

On a good note, I have loads of Meguiars Detailer products on their way to me :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

On a good note, I have loads of Meguiars Detailer products on their way to me :D:D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsHvhdN8KTUyK6msSFtTIm8iks8VNsynnui10PZFSiKBp7N3R4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Damn you all with money! :(

dgt wrote: »
    Damn you all with money! :(

Did you not read my post??? I said I just PAID by car tax, I now have no money :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

lolz at this ad.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4760131

Who the fcuk discribes a car as easy on the eye :pac:

Did you not read my post??? I said I just PAID by car tax, I now have no money :(

Yes I did!

But that's money you had before paying the tax...! :)

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    lolz at this ad.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4760131

Who the fcuk discribes a car as easy on the eye :pac:

No shine off those pesky brake discs to blind you with :pac:

dgt wrote: »
    Yes I did!

But that's money you had before paying the tax...! :)

You're just arguing semantics now hillbilly :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Think I just found KITT's Czech cousin. He's doing the rounds in Dublin
    1660_10151572516369134_699780681_n.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement