Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

You're just arguing semantics now hillbilly :D

It's Navan logic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

So I need to get new tyres for the Yaris, current one's as I guessed are over 6 years old so are fairly perished. Can anyone recommend some decent ones for a reasonable price?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

dgt wrote: »
    It's Navan logic :pac:

Navan illogic ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

NyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavvvvvvvvvvvaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaN

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

dgt wrote: »
    No shine off those pesky brake discs to blind you with :pac:

She might be sitting a while :p

I love the way he goes on to say that it needs some tidying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Can anyone recommend a good/great car vacuum preferably cordless, poor Henry the hoover doesnt like going outside in the cold :(

Autosport wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good/great car vacuum preferably cordless, poor Henry the hoover doesnt like going outside in the cold :(

"You expect me to work in that cold, after asking what can replace me?"
    henry_hoover_gone_badly_wrong_by_9999fail-d4sg3vw.png

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Vax do good cheap ones

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Vax do good cheap ones

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

NyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavvvvvvvvvvvaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaN

Just read that as this...

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

:eek:

Someone was munchin' some serious disco biscuits when making that video!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Had my first real "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" moment in the new job this evening :D I'm still imaginarily high fiveing myself :D

But dear sweet jebus, what the feck causes people to become morons when afflicted with an inch of snow?

75 mins it took today for a normal (at that hour) 30 min journey :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Stheno wrote: »
    Had my first real "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" moment in the new job this evening :D I'm still imaginarily high fiveing myself :D

But dear sweet jebus, what the feck causes people to become morons when afflicted with an inch of snow?

Was stuck behind a car at 50kph on the M50 an hour ago. Left lane clear, middle lane clear and the right lane was fairly white so I didn't want to put my foot down to pass them in it.
    Sat behind them in the middle for two exits before the knob moved into the left lane, which had been empty the whole time. :mad:

KNOBSKNOBSKNOBS!!

Was stuck behind an absolute anus from the Sallys to Tankardstown house doing 30kmh. I thought I'd never get to my turn.....

Diesel in the eye again.

Ouchee :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I was really impressed with my commuting brethren today actually. 100KM/H on the M50 the whole way.
    CianRyan wrote: »
    Was stuck behind a car at 50kph on the M50 an hour ago. Left lane clear, middle lane clear and the right lane was fairly white so I didn't want to put my foot down to pass them in it.
    Sat behind them in the middle for two exits before the knob moved into the left lane, which had been empty the whole time. :mad:

KNOBSKNOBSKNOBS!!
    Undertake :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,053 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

how long for a speeding ticket to arrive lads?? If i was speeding on monday would the ticket arrive today??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

eh i dunno wrote: »
    how long for a speeding ticket to arrive lads?? If i was speeding on monday would the ticket arrive today??
    Eh I dunno :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

It can take up to 3 months

whats the quickest it can arrive? Is 3 days too soon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

whats the quickest it can arrive? Is 3 days too soon?

I'd doubt it would arrive that quickly.

I'd doubt it would arrive that quickly.

Phew..went somewhere in secret on Monday and the last thing i needed was a speeding ticket.

Do they not have six months to issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

MugMugs wrote: »
    Do they not have six months to issue?
    Could well be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I was really impressed with my commuting brethren today actually. 100KM/H on the M50 the whole way.

I was also impressed with this, until I realised it's mostly down to the fact the schools are off this week and the M50 never moves more freely when those school run dopes aren't on it causing accidents and what not.

Still, was nice to cruise along at 100/110 on it, as the road was perfectly fine, albeit wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

408976_353747848076637_1571249470_n.jpg

Have just heard a felty passat with a straight exhaust. It sounds like a pigeon being shot in the arse.....

Just got a 16gb card for the E5. £19 in Asda I'm well pleased, just need to transfer my photos etc over and away I go :D

So hopefully no more calculator pics from me in my updates, that phone will now be an mp3 player :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Undertake :)

I just can't do it, I feel too dirty afterwards. :p
    OSI wrote: »
    Ah come on man, I know we know you and all, but you can do feck all complaining about a road you have no right to be on.

Fair enough I'm not meant to be there but the person sitting at 50kph and causing other people to jam on shouldn't be on the motor way either.

I also have a problem with the way the learner-motorway system works.
    A person just passing their test is allowed use the motorway with no prier training, so that puts them in exactly the same position as some one that's not sat their test but using it for the first time.
    And then the N roads, 3 lane high ways with 100k speed limits... Exactly the same as the M50. Learners are allowed on N roads but not motorways?

It's all just too messy.

Edit: I'm not saying that makes what I do okay, it just annoys me is all.

• Advertisement

OSI wrote: »
    Ah come on man, I know we know you and all, but you can do feck all complaining about a road you have no right to be on.

Tis hardly unreasonable to object to a middle lane hogger because you're on a provisional.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement