Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

The focus is back. Working perfect seem way quicker to drive to for some reason. The garage put it up on the lift today to check it from head to toe they found a few small things but nothing major said it was a good van. Got home was washing the van and found found a big nail right in the corner of the tyre and it was loosing air fast big nail :mad: this was at 7.00 pm so rang local tyre place luckily they were open. The tyre couldn't be patched as it was almost on the sidewall. So There was a brand new continental tyre same size in our garage at home so I got that put on it was the rear. The guy plugged the punctured one and I brought it home with me. I just thought that was the best solution when I had the new tyre there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Bpmull wrote: »
    The focus is back. Working perfect seem way quicker to drive to for some reason.

It's not being starved of fuel and running lean by a clogged fuel filter, its probably back to normal power now. Just feels quick because you were used to it running lean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

It's not being starved of fuel and running lean by a clogged fuel filter, its probably back to normal power now. Just feels quick because you were used to it running lean

+1

I have an update for later with a similar stoy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

dgt wrote: »
    +1

I have an update for later with a similar stoy

36781697.jpg

RoverJames wrote: »
    The 2007 one we looked at still isn't up on their site so I can't link to it, anyway they're asking €10,950 :).........

Here it is.

Didn't drive this one but from the back seat it seemed quite ok to go for a 1.4.

http://kearys.mini.ie/dealer/kearys/used_cars/index.html

media?xwm=y&id=9ab518cf-917a-451c-919d-49d3e42c1336&width=400&height=300

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4497298

probably going to be eaten alive, but i would so drive that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Girlfriend's MG ZR passed the NCT with the only advisory being one of the tyres is over 6 years old.

Have an inlet manifold gasket and a rocker cover gasket to fit over the weekend, then have to track down why the car is trying to stall when clutching in while moving (IACV is a possibility, and someone suggested lambda probes).

Considering putting my car back on the road and trying to find a mechanic who can figure out why it's been losing coolant for two years(yup), and why it slowly developed a leaky headgasket on the front bank. 4 mechanics so far, 4 "we're not really sure"'s :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

I think it's a nice rep and nicely done.

In other news my dad's Skoda when back for repairs a few months ago. Some part of the gearbox went and it also ban-jacked the clutch.

In that time he was given:

A 2010 skoda estate 1.9tdi (wasn't half bad)

a 2003 Kia Rio 1.3 petrol (which wan't that good atall, it felt very very sluggish).

Now the garage give him a 2011 Octavia saloon 1.9TDI. (I found this the best to drive out of the three.)

I had a 2004 Kia Rio 1.3, horrible gearchange and a dead engine. Surprisingly economical and with the seats down you could fit a tonne in it.

Tragedy wrote: »

Considering putting my car back on the road and trying to find a mechanic who can figure out why it's been losing coolant for two years(yup), and why it slowly developed a leaky headgasket on the front bank. 4 mechanics so far, 4 "we're not really sure"'s :)

Not many would have kv6 expertise unfortunately, even ex rover mechanics over here. Best of luck with it, miss mine quite a bit, lovely yokes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

A rep though.... Bleh!!!

I'd drive the real thing no problem, that or a Sierra Cossie, but a rep? No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Finally, while writing my thesis it seems being able to function without sleep is rather useful :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Phew..went somewhere in secret on Monday and the last thing i needed was a speeding ticket.

That's pretty funny in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Lads I've a new pdc unit to fit to the e46 , anyone know if the new one will need to be coded or if it's plug and play?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

cad é pdc unit?

Parking sensors :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Just picked up 4 litres of castrol edge for my motor for 26 quid. Not too shabby.

Glad I reserved it last night, they were sold out this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Balls was gonna ask where :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Just picked up 4 litres of castrol edge for my motor for 26 quid. Not too shabby.

Glad I reserved it last night, they were sold out this morning.

halfords? argos? :D

It should just plug into the head unit

• Advertisement

That in halfords al? Thought that was magnatec for 26e?

I must go test drive this for the crack. It's been on donedeal so long that it's lost over a year of it's NCT, its main selling point January last! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

halfords? argos? :D

Halfords have 30% off. Still a lot out in Tallaght, but it depends on the spec you're looking for. The fully synthetic BMW LL 5w30 is gone in both Tallaght and Carrickmines though.

Halfords had 4l Magnatec for around €25 and their own brand 10w40 for under €20

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I must go test drive this for the crack. It's been on donedeal so long that it's lost over a year of it's NCT, its main selling point January last! :pac:
    I love 406 pigs and had great experience with it, but that one is overpriced as ****. I bought my scooby for same money....

If you do you would be one of the dreaded "timewasters"!

"no no, i dont wanna buy it, just wanna blast it up and down the road!"

I love 406 pigs and had great experience with it, but that one is overpriced as ****. I bought my scooby for same money....

It's at least 2 times what it should be priced at. Where do they get these prices from?
    IK09 wrote: »
    If you do you would be one of the dreaded "timewasters"!

"no no, i dont wanna buy it, just wanna blast it up and down the road!"

Nah not really. If I was wasting time, I'd say I was interested in buying it, drag all the staff out, try bargain it to a silly low price and then say it's not what I was after....

They may take it that there is some interest in it still! Because they way things are going, it will end up scrapped with that silly price.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

I saw a 406 with the number plate 01-C-406 today haha, there is/was someone else out there who likes them as much as dgt.

In other news - Arrivederci peeps, it's been fun. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

langdang wrote: »
    I saw a 406 with the number plate 01-C-406 today haha, there is/was someone else out there who likes them as much as dgt.

In other news - Arrivederci peeps, it's been fun. :(

Awww are you serious :(

What do people think when they close their accounts

Goodbye Langdang.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Awww are you serious :(

What do people think when they close their accounts

Goodbye Langdang.

Attention seekers? :confused:

This discussion has been closed.