Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

langdang wrote: »
    In other news - Arrivederci peeps, it's been fun. :(

Enjoy the real world :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Will we start a pool for a new name?

All the best langdang, you'll be missed.
    Another good one gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Heading to athlone now. Nice day for driving too. Should be a good weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Having a great Good Friday, filled the tank with diesel and on a lovely drive around the south east :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

BE156546-F3EC-4D3A-BEBF-BC4D127902D5-4382-000002837145D09C_zpsca7aae7d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Gavman84 wrote: »
    http://www.driving.ie/used-cars/Honda/Accord/2.0i-VTEC/34113623991529920/
    Not a lot of info unfortunately but it's not too far from me so said check it out. And it's been like that with a bit no pics etc not on sale from today like.

Went to view this car yesterday and its not in great nick body wise was quite disappointed esp considering the low miles!
    Think the garage would try clean it up before letting people view it. I reckon both bumpers need full respray and doors had few marks. Ah we'll just have to keep looking! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

In case anyone is interested, today my car did its first dpf regen since its terraclean.
    I checked and thats over 1000miles ago.
    Its still running smoother and idling better.
    It is also using less diesel:D............but its only .4-.5l/100km:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Spent afew hours out in the cold today at the car.

Shampoo and rinse with Meguiars NXT shampoo
    Autosol left on pipes for 15 minutes while i detarred then gave them a rub with some wet sandpaper and buffed
    Rinse and clay (dropped both clay bars) one was used though so not bothered as i got to finish
    Shampoo and rinse again (noticably better results)
    Dry
    Coat of Lidl polish used sparingly as i haven't used it before
    Then 2 runs of Meguiars extreme liquid wax
    While wax was clouding gave seats and interior/glass a dose of my turtle wax products and lidl wipes.
    Removed excess wax and gave it abit of a buff.

3 hours all in all although i wasn't too fancy with the claybar

No pics as the wheels make me ashamed until new ones are on :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

pred racer wrote: »
    In case anyone is interested, today my car did its first dpf regen since its terraclean.
    I checked and thats over 1000miles ago.
    Its still running smoother and idling better.
    It is also using less diesel:D............but its only .4-.5l/100km:o

Thats 5litre of diesel saved in the 1000 miles and a better running car.. not too bad going you know. In a year it would have paid for itself.. kinda like you got it for free. :cool:

• Advertisement

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Thats 5litre of diesel saved in the 1000 miles and a better running car.. not too bad going you know. In a year it would have paid for itself.. kinda like you got it for free. :cool:

Its a good thing that the better running was the goal;)

Although I tend to drive it harder now that it revs more freely so maybe with boring, crappy, soul destroying, mind numbing normal driving there are bigger gains to be had:p

All in all Im very pleased and would reccomend the service.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

evening all, seems there's been plenty going on this past few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Spent afew hours out in the cold today at the car.

Shampoo and rinse with Meguiars NXT shampoo
    Autosol left on pipes for 15 minutes while i detarred then gave them a rub with some wet sandpaper and buffed
    Rinse and clay (dropped both clay bars) one was used though so not bothered as i got to finish
    Shampoo and rinse again (noticably better results)
    Dry
    Coat of Lidl polish used sparingly as i haven't used it before
    Then 2 runs of Meguiars extreme liquid wax
    While wax was clouding gave seats and interior/glass a dose of my turtle wax products and lidl wipes.
    Removed excess wax and gave it abit of a buff.

3 hours all in all although i wasn't too fancy with the claybar

No pics as the wheels make me ashamed until new ones are on :p

I had a bad day today. When I started washing the car I noticed the paint was fairly rough. It turned out that overspray from when I did my calipers last weekend was all over the bloody car :( Needless to say, I freaked out!

I had planned a wash and a wax but I ended up claying the whole car to remove the sh!te, detarred it while I was at it, dried it, Jetsealed it and Colloinite'd it.

Took me 4 hours more than your job did :pac:

Still have to go at a few small areas with the D/A tomorrow to get rid of stuff the clay didn't.

Bit of info - clay was originally developed for bodyshops to remove overspray, it's only in the last few years that it has been used to remove oxidation and contaminants :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Just back, changed the brake pads tonight, still squeeking like hell though. Guess they'll have to bed in and hopefully stop in a few days.
    My buddy also had a spare driver side wishbone brand new and gave it to me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Just back, changed the brake pads tonight, still squeeking like hell though. Guess they'll have to bed in and hopefully stop in a few days.
    My buddy also had a spare driver side wishbone brand new and gave it to me :D

How long did the brake pad change take you? Looking to do mine soon, but never done pads before. Anything to keep an eye on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Lousy smarch flu! :mad:

How long did the brake pad change take you? Looking to do mine soon, but never done pads before. Anything to keep an eye on?

Took us 2hours, but that was because I had him explaining all sorts of **** to me on the 2 323i engines he has apart on his floor :D
    If I hadn't asked him all the questions, probably about a half hour job.
    Nothing to look out for to be honest.
    http://m3.madrussian.net/diy_front_brake_pads.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

I had a bad day today. When I started washing the car I noticed the paint was fairly rough. It turned out that overspray from when I did my calipers last weekend was all over the bloody car :( Needless to say, I freaked out!

I had planned a wash and a wax but I ended up claying the whole car to remove the sh!te, detarred it while I was at it, dried it, Jetsealed it and Colloinite'd it.

Took me 4 hours more than your job did :pac:

Still have to go at a few small areas with the D/A tomorrow to get rid of stuff the clay didn't.

Bit of info - clay was originally developed for bodyshops to remove overspray, it's only in the last few years that it has been used to remove oxidation and contaminants :)

Need to find something to help me remove the plastidip on the grilles that i made a rats arse of, apparently there is a product called goo gone i need to look into.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Sorry lads.Had to clean up thread.We can't be discussing prison threads here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Meath-ish post:

Anyone here have a white Renault Kangoo van pull up in your yard and try sell safety work gear? 09-c-2474, they were fairly surprised when we appeared out of nowhere and told them to go away.

I thinks they were expecting no-one here the way they just pulled into the yard and parked up

Strange they didn't stop into the rest of the neighbours.... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

dgt wrote: »

Strange they didn't stop into the rest of the neighbours.... :rolleyes:

For what it's worth I'd let the cops know the reg

OSI wrote: »
    Did ya grease the back of the pads with Copper Grease?

No, we ran out of the stuff last week doing someone else's. But I've never put it on any of my brake pads before either and never had squealing.
    We did grease up the calliper carrier bolts.

In other news, I have untold respect for professional detailers around the world. 4hours spent on the Beemer boot lid this morning with prep work and the DA. Back is feckin broke and still not happy. Gonna have to go over it all again when I'm finished, but the beading is magical at least

The only reason coppor grease is put on the back of pads is to stop squelling, at least you know what's wrong anyway.

Is anyone else seeing new posts notifications in this thread but having a 15 minute delay before they become visible?

I'm on the gone so maybe something to do with that.

I just found out I have an hour less in bed tonight:(
    Why cant I have a job that stars at a civilised hour?
    Its not like my drive to work is enjoyable even with empty roads:rolleyes:

I just found out I have an hour less in bed tonight:(
    Why cant I have a job that stars at a civilised hour?
    Its not like my drive to work is enjoyable even with empty roads:rolleyes:

The brighter evenings will be worth it :cool:

The brighter evenings will be worth it :cool:

Ill give you a shout at 5 :eek:
    Nothing is worth it:p

Ill give you a shout at 5 :eek:
    Nothing is worth it:p

Ah some chocolate will ease the pain:D

Ah some chocolate will ease the pain:D

Thanks man, you reminded me that I brought a terrys choccy orange over with me:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Passed the nct retest today so happy out! Was a week early and all got dates wrong:o but fair play fella in blarney fit it in. Dipetane and an Italian tune up worked great!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement