Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I am looking to import a R34 GTT coupe in Black. There arnt that many R34 skylines around.

Even better!
    There are feck all R34 around alright, they still ask a high price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

CianRyan wrote: »
    Even better!
    There are feck all R34 around alright, they still ask a high price.

I know, if you know of anyone that can give me a good price on car security then give me a pm ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

hmmm I'll report back, i've printed the groupscheme voucher just incase. i've reserved 3 mobil 1s 5litres so thats me sorted for another while :)

right works out dearer on the trade card...so used the voucher (thanks Matt / Super)...next 3 services with branded oil with some to spare sorted for €62...result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

A relatively simple manifold is being a right arse to put on.... This is confusing to say the least!

Howdy folks,

I've been building a little nest of crap-I'll-rarely-need in my glove box (de-icer, torch, CDs, pens, notepads, etc).

However, the noise of these bits and bobs rattling around when I drive is annoying at times. Especially the CDs against the can of de-icer.

I picked up a visor organisor in Halfords that helped get rid of noise as it removed the CDs from the glove box and also the pens and notepads.

However, I've since picked up a sat-nav that I store in the glove box when I'm driving and I don't need it, and it's in a protective case. I can fit this in, but with the other crap in there, I can't put the power cable in the glove box (so I just leave it sitting on the passenger seat).

So I want to start shifting stuff into the boot. However, I'm not sure what the best approach here is. I was looking at boot organisors in Halfords but figured I might as well just get a storage box from Argos instead?

Before I buy either though, I'm wary of putting stuff in the boot and then hearing it rattling around again, so I just thought I'd ask what other people do (aside from higher up the volume on the radio)?

Is there something obvious I'm missing here?

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for handy things to carry in the car with you? Jack and spare wheel are in the boot under the mat. Was thinking it might be worthwhile investing in a small First Aid kit (but unsure how practical that'd be)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

A blanket,a spare jumper, a host of bags for shopping at the supermarket. Anything soft inside the box should do. Don't forget to weight the box down - a case of beer, minerals, water etc works well.

(he'll be complaining next week that fuel consumption has increased. )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I last waxed my car about 5 weeks ago. Decided on Friday to just give it a wash after the snow/grit combo of last week because it looked like a Leopard. After the standard wash (snow foam, rinse, two bucket method, rinse, dry), I decided to use my Chemical Guys Speed Wipe Spray and Streak Free Shine which I have somewhat neglected in recent months. Have to say, apart from the smell of the stuff making me want to drink it, I forgot how good it is. Brought the car back to looking like it had just been waxed again and the sunshine yesterday was just begging for a spin and a couple of pictures while it was looking shiny...

img1784q.jpg

img1797x.jpg

This one doesn't want to start...! Nearly choked on falling rust too :(

In other news, this place is having a renovation. You can see (just about) in the picture there is a Renault 19 van, I remembr seeing it driving about as a child and has been sat up since early 2000

It is now sideways facing up in a skip and looks rather comical :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

€1.09 for unleaded in the maxol :(.

Hal1 wrote: »
    €1.09 for unleaded in the maxol :(.

I remember that Marea filling up at the pumps :D

I avoid that shop, they tend to sell out of date food :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

This seems like a good deal, never really get my car sorted, generally do it myself.

http://www.groupon.ie/deals/galway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

yay free easter egg from work :)

dont worry lads, your nct fees and taxes are going to my tummy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,669 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

OSI wrote: »
    The boot of my car has 2 hooks on either side of the boot, so I just grabbed a small cardboard box I had lying around with a lid on it, and wrapped a bungie cord around it and hooked each end to the hook in the boot. Works perfectly.

I have similar solution. :)

247633.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

I spy a Lidl travel pouch (i have one too so handy)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Spotted this in work today, dont think Ive ever seen one before.

DSC_0143.jpg

DSC_0144.jpg

DSC_0145.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

The German C3. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

New wheeler dealers on now on Discovery turbo. Then there is another new one on Discovery at 9 if anyone is interested.:)

4 lock nuts and the key free to a good home. 12mmX1.25
    sdl0tf.jpg

PM me if you want them. :)

Wooot, it works! Nothing special but hey, I'm well pleased with the rasp from it :D

• Advertisement

What is it this time?

And good shout about Wheeler Dealers too, just getting comfy in my bed to watch it. :pac:

dgt wrote: »
    Wooot, it works! Nothing special but hey, I'm well pleased with the rasp from it :D

What works??? or are you trying to keep us in the dark :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Back from athlone. It was a good weekend. The focus never missed a beat was perfect for the 1k km trip :) my mother drove an Octavia vrs today needless to say she has to have one :D

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    What works??? or are you trying to keep us in the dark :pac:

Yes, keeping in the dark, like the colour of the car: cosmos blue :pac:

I'm happy that it works and now the fun part of figuring out schematics and wiring diagrams for the ecu.... Worth it though :D

Yes, keeping in the dark, like the colour of the car: cosmos blue :pac:

I'm happy that it works and now the fun part of figuring out schematics and wiring diagrams for the ecu.... Worth it though :D

what a prick:p

It's a BMW yes?

what a prick:p

It's a BMW yes?

Its worse than guess the car :p

Apologies, its met cosmo blue, 428/B. So not another BMW :pac:

Its worse than guess the car :p

Apologies, its met cosmo blue, 428/B. So not another BMW :pac:

Is it an alfa?

Give me a clue, fuel type at least :pac:

Is it an alfa?

Give me a clue, fuel type at least :pac:

Yes, tis an Alfa and petril :p

I'm going to say that it's a 156 t-spark. (just a feeling)

Now I'm trying to workout if you just got it running or you've made some wild turbo conversion on it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Girlfriend is doing her test tomorrow......nerves are high tonight

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement