Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    I'm going to say that it's a 156 t-spark. (just a feeling)

Now I'm trying to workout if you just got it running or you've made some wild turbo conversion on it :pac:

Spot on :D

I'm tearing the engine out and doing something I've wanted to do for years :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

dgt wrote: »
    Spot on :D

I'm tearing the engine out and doing something I've wanted to do for years :D:D:D

Is it going to find its way into a blue Bravo van by any chance:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I think my alfa is dying :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Girlfriend is doing her test tomorrow......nerves are high tonight

I wish her luck.

Is it going to find its way into a blue Bravo van by any chance:D

Yes :p

• Advertisement

tumblr_m5y78vm1Al1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

It's a 1.6 ya?

that will be one fast Bravo :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I wish her luck.

Have a car lined up for her. Needs a but of work but it'll do as a first car. So fingers crossed she passes

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5y78vm1Al1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

It's a 1.6 ya?

that will be one fast Bravo :cool:

2.0 :D

It's something to keep me busy plus I always wanted to say I did such a conversion. Moreso doing it for the sake of doing it :p

Have a car lined up for her. Needs a but of work but it'll do as a first car. So fingers crossed she passes

Ah good stuff, what car is it? (Sorry just being nosey.. :p)

Stheno wrote: »
    I think my alfa is dying :(

What's wrong with it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Ah good stuff, what car is it? (Sorry just being nosey.. :p)

Nothing great, a 1999 Audi A3 1.6 that I acquired FOC. Little but rough around the edges but all cosmetic really.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

2.0 :D

It's something to keep me busy plus I always wanted to say I did such a conversion. Moreso doing it for the sake of doing it :p

Have it ready for the dyno? :D

2.0 :D.......

:eek::eek:

You should put it back to standard spec externally for extra sleeper goodness ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

RoverJames wrote: »
    What's wrong with it?

It's a bit spluttery when it's starting up sometimes and stalls. And the clutch is making sick noises.

It's off to the mechanic in the next week or so, he's booked up till then.

It's due a fairly major service anyway including spark plugs being replaced :rolleyes:

Nothing great, a 1999 Audi A3 1.6 that I acquired FOC. Little but rough around the edges but all cosmetic really.

Ah right, I always liked the Audi A3. But as long as the engine is sound, it seems like you're onto a winner. :)

It's a bit spluttery when it's starting up sometimes and stalls. And the clutch is making sick noises.

It's off to the mechanic in the next week or so, he's booked up till then.

It's due a fairly major service anyway including spark plugs being replaced :rolleyes:

Spluttery: my guess would be the map sensor or the intake pipe. The one on my 166 gave trouble after the pipe split.

Spark plugs are easy to do on those engines :D

Spluttery: my guess would be the map sensor or the intake pipe. The one on my 166 gave trouble after the pipe split.

Spark plugs are easy to do on those engines :D

It's the price of eight blinking spark plugs that makes me mad :)

I suspect the clutch is also dying

CianRyan wrote: »
    Have it ready for the dyno? :D

Not a hope! :p even the 406 is looking like a nono for the dyno, injector pump isn't the healthiest.... Have to flush the fuel lines too! :eek:
    :eek::eek:

You should put it back to standard spec externally for extra sleeper goodness ;)

Apart from the wheels (and obnoxious lows) I thinks the van looks standard....ish :o
    It's the price of eight blinking spark plugs that makes me mad :)

I suspect the clutch is also dying

How much if I may? :)

Juddering clutch?

Apart from the wheels (and obnoxious lows) I thinks the van looks standard....ish :o

stock ride hight and steelys (banded for extra goodness :cool::pac:) with fiat hubcaps.

stock ride hight and steelys (banded for extra goodness :cool::pac:) with fiat hubcaps.

I may be grafting on the 5 stud hubs too :pac:

Ah sure we'll see how this pans out... 1st task: tear out the 1.2 :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

1.4 on de logbook :pac:.

I may be grafting on the 5 stud hubs too :pac:

Ah sure we'll see how this pans out... 1st task: tear out the 1.2 :P

How long will it take you to take the 1.2 out? probably about 23min:D

Hal1 wrote: »
    1.4 on de logbook :pac:.

Nah.... :P
    How long will it take you to take the 1.2 out? probably about 23min:D

The record stands at half an hour to rip the engine and box out of my van (I have it setup as such for quick removal) it's the wiring I will be scratching my head to!

Seeing as I'm messing with turbos, this is also a pipedream :P

Maybe someday if I get this working! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Presume thats converted to AWD or RWD cos noone would want a 700bhp FWD anything. My 156 2.4JTD used to torque steer around corners, no steering wheel required.

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Presume thats converted to AWD or RWD cos noone would want a 700bhp FWD anything. My 156 2.4JTD used to torque steer around corners, no steering wheel required.

According to google, it seems to be FWD :eek::eek::eek:

I must read on more....

Just had a quick look there and my Levin is still going to be more powerful and more bhp/ton than a 2.0 bravo monster :P:pac:

sorry I'm a bad person like that :o

That turbo job is pure ridiculous, almost totally undriveable :D

Just had a quick look there and my Levin is still going to be more powerful and more bhp/ton than a 2.0 bravo monster :P:pac:

sorry I'm a bad person like that :o

That turbo job is pure ridiculous, almost totally undriveable :D

Why of course it will be! Sure the Blacktop has 165bhp, yes? Sure either the 5 pot or T-Spark have 155bhp... Assuming then the Levin is lighter than a ton too!

I'll get it going first, then work my magic ;)

The best kind, almost undriveable :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Can't bait a Jap for the smaller engines, for the higher end stuff... Yeah, the Italians have the edge. :p

Why of course it will be! Sure the Blacktop has 165bhp, yes? Sure either the 5 pot or T-Spark have 155bhp... Assuming then the Levin is lighter than a ton too!

I'll get it going first, then work my magic ;)

The best kind, almost undriveable :pac::pac::pac:

Levin is 1,025kg so the power to weight is very close. The Bravo would be much more scary I'd say, particularly for passengers and people trying to race you!!!

• Advertisement

Levin is 1,025kg so the power to weight is very close. The Bravo would be much more scary I'd say, particularly for passengers and people trying to race you!!!

Last time I went to the local weighbridge the van was 980kg (I must lighten it some more) it is like a go kart as is :D I haven't driven it in a while though, must get it going tomorrow....

One passenger at a time only :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement