Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Stheno wrote: »
    It's the price of eight blinking spark plugs that makes me mad :)...........

Not too bad...

http://www.micksgarage.com/service-parts/spark-plugs/alfa-romeo/gtv/gtv/1994-2005/2.0-t.spark-16v/9427/

Bosch ones < €40 for the lot :)

40k kms they are specced for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

dgt wrote: »
    Last time I went to the local weighbridge the van was 980kg (I must lighten it some more) it is like a go kart as is :D I haven't driven it in a while though, must get it going tomorrow....

One passenger at a time only :pac:

The levin (Toby he's called, don't know if naming cars is acceptable on here:o) will have to go on a diet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    The levin (Toby he's called, don't know if naming cars is acceptable on here:o) will have to go on a diet.

I have several doors to play with, further diet for the van!

I normally don't name cars myself but alas the red 406 was dubbed "Auld Laim" and has since stuck to it.... :P

I have several doors to play with, further diet for the van!

I normally don't name cars myself but alas the red 406 was dubbed "Auld Laim" and has since stuck to it.... :P

I'm glad I'm not the only one who names cars :p

How is Auld Liam getting on these days? Is he still burning oil like it's going out of fashion or did you get that sorted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Try parcel motel, put the UK parcel motel address and you'll get UK shipping.

http://www.parcelmotel.com/faqs.html

I'm glad I'm not the only one who names cars :p

How is Auld Liam getting on these days? Is he still burning oil like it's going out of fashion or did you get that sorted?

That was the engine tearout, currently using the engine from the hape. Problem is that there are no vac pipes for the cold start advance so it sounds awful at times.... No oil smoke though, all black smoke :p

Xantia engine swap this service interval hopefully :D

That was the engine tearout, currently using the engine from the hape. Problem is that there are no vac pipes for the cold start advance so it sounds awful at times.... No oil smoke though, all black smoke :p

Xantia engine swap this service interval hopefully :D

Ahh yes a standard service item. Every 20,000 miles or 5 year replace engine :p.

On another note, just watching not the 9 o clock news and this song is on :pac:

Ahh yes a standard service item. Every 20,000 miles or 5 year replace engine :p.

On another note, just watching not the 9 o clock news and this song is on :pac:

The XUD, a mighty engine... If minded :) sadly, this one wasn't :( hence the service interval of 1 engine every 6 k miles :pac:

That song is gas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Got Insurance renewal on scooby today... Fecking 909eu :mad::pac::mad::pac::mad:

Call them asap with just one step away from going in to full "NERDRAGE OF DOOM" state! Fecking 5 years with same company and they just bend me to **** and dont even dine and wine me first! :mad:
    Very nice lady droped the price to 699eu. I am a Happy camper again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Got Insurance renewal on scooby today... Fecking 909eu :mad::pac::mad::pac::mad:

Call them asap with just one step away from going in to full "NERDRAGE OF DOOM" state! Fecking 5 years with same company and they just bend me to **** and dont even dine and wine me first! :mad:
    Very nice lady droped the price to 699eu. I am a Happy camper again!

Pity they wouldn't give you the good rate in the first place. I wonder if many people pay the premium without questioning it?

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Pity they wouldn't give you the good rate in the first place. I wonder if many people pay the premium without questioning it?

Fecking shocking. I presume they put themselfs in position where they got some space to banter, but you would expect it to be down at least somewhat! To be honest with you, if they would have dropped price by just 50eu from last year, I would not even call then. Now they had to drop it by 150eu...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Thesis handed in :D

ngbbs50428c7193ce9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Thesis handed in :D

ngbbs50428c7193ce9.jpg

Damn you. Here I am writing my last page...another couple of hours and i'm done!

Well done man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

If insurance companies just dropped last years price by €50 you wouldn't move.

Instead they go mental and increase your premium by 2/300 and you say f**k this. Exact same with aviva this year. They didn't even argue with me to stay put just said "ok your policy will cancel on midnight of 21st, good bye" (read that in an apu accent)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Sure i was the same when i was with liberty when i changed to the ST first, insurance went from €750 odd on the 1.4 Octy to €1300 or so on the ST.

I phoned to complain as i was with them for 5 years only to be told they could magically change it to €900, so just went with 123.ie instead for €500

Moral of the story is a 2.5 T petrol is 2/3 the price of a 1.4 petrol to insure :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

Theres one of them Opel GT's in Galway aswell, used to see it in a driveway near endas school on my way home from school on the bus. Its white with a single black racing stripe down the middle. For some reason i think i remember it having a 1990 reg. it was beautiful.

Why am I sitting in the library in college on a day like today, I should be out polishing and sealing the car :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Not that surprising, although sad. Whats their range, 2 mini hatchbacks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

My first ever ban, actually had to live my life for 24 hours, its nasty out there...

My first ever ban, actually had to live my life for 24 hours, its nasty out there...
    Lol. What did you got ban for?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Not that surprising, although sad. Whats their range, 2 mini hatchbacks?

Only the Giulietta & MiTo so its not surprising its only one car.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Quote a pic and find out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Lol. What did you got ban for?

Car was too clean. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

MugMugs wrote: »
    Quote a pic and find out :D

I must start quoting pics. Might get a bit of study done then...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Jimdagym wrote: »
    I must start quoting pics. Might get a bit of study done then...

Likewise...:(

Likewise...:(

Try holding down a full time job at the same time.

This study melarkey is TOTES killing my train spotting time ! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

At least the college life is apparently helping you be down with the new age lingo...

• Advertisement

dar83 wrote: »
    At least the college life is apparently helping you be down with the new age lingo...

I know right.... I sit beside a tulip who comes out with all this "amazeballs" crap...... She's killing me :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement