Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

Transit looking Head unit (Do have!)

No brainer for $180 quid tbh

The yoke in the cherokee is far worse than what's in the ST :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

RoverJames wrote: »
    The yoke in the cherokee is far worse than what's in the ST :o

Lies

resizeimage531900624.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Did the st focus not the Sony type radio supergurrier. And surly your car has a heated front window screen as I can't see the button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

@SG - what about a set up like this? I think it looks sweet. :)

229928d1299864921-kenwood-dnx5240bt-2006-ford-focus-headunit2.gif

Source..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Bpmull wrote: »
    Did the st focus not the Sony type radio supergurrier. And surly your car has a heated front window screen as I can't see the button.

Nope and Nope.

Apparently they all come with it installed and heated seats too will look into trying to activate them in the future also retrofit cruise control would be awesome too at some stage, (ST boggo paddy shtyle)

@BW gotta change the colour of the lighting behind the centre unit and light switch on the right soon too want a deep blue not a gimpy looking green

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Nope and Nope.

Apparently they all come with it installed and heated seats too will look into trying to activate them in the future also retrofit cruise control would be awesome too at some stage, (ST boggo paddy shtyle)

@BW gotta change the colour of the lighting behind the centre unit and light switch on the right soon too want a deep blue not a gimpy looking green

if its as difficult as it was to do in the astras then good luck! :P
    soldering smds with a tiny tip needed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Heated windscreen isn't already installed unless fitted from factory, for the obvious reason, but the wiring will be there as the loom is standard in them all. Heated seat plugs are there as well, but you'll need the leather seats for them to connect to and the switches to install below the heater knobs. Unless you fancy butchering the cloth Recaro's and installing your own elements in them.

Cruise control is a nightmare you will probably want to avoid. Not only is it a whole pile of electrics fun, you also have to get rid of the ST steering wheel and install one of the other four spoke Titanium ones. Personally I think the outcome looks horrendous as the wheel doesn't match the rest of the interior.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

:mad:Two nearly new bridgestones gone because of potholes. Any chance of getting anything from the council?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

dar83 wrote: »
    Heated windscreen isn't already installed unless fitted from factory, for the obvious reason, but the wiring will be there as the loom is standard in them all. Heated seat plugs are there as well, but you'll need the leather seats for them to connect to and the switches to install below the heater knobs. Unless you fancy butchering the cloth Recaro's and installing your own elements in them.

Cruise control is a nightmare you will probably want to avoid. Not only is it a whole pile of electrics fun, you also have to get rid of the ST steering wheel and install one of the other four spoke Titanium ones. Personally I think the outcome looks horrendous as the wheel doesn't match the rest of the interior.

That's a bit of a gick spec level then for a high end car? :(

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    That's a bit of a gick spec level then for a high end car? :(

Well there was three trim levels available in all countries when it was released, ST1 - the basic one, ST2 - with heated screen, upgraded stereo and speakers with Bluetooth and voice control and Xenons. ST3 - All of the previous and then full leather interior with heated from seats and another stereo upgrade with a 6cd changer.

Of course just as with the brand new ST for the Irish market, Ford decided to only release the ST1 spec here, with everything else as an added extra/option. So in true Paddy spec style there are quite a few Irish ST's out there with pretty much nothing extra and basic spec. There are also ones that have ST3 spec but they're few and far between. Then there are the few that are ST2/ST3 mongrels, like mine is. I have everything an ST3 has apart from the Xenons, so technically my car isn't even a factory ST2, but that's the Irish market for you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

I don't think I could live with a car long term without xenons, cruise control, climate and a decent stereo system. My newest luxury love is heated steering wheels, they're amazing!

(Currently driving an MG ZR that doesn't even have ABS >.<)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

I was looking at st's and the state of the spec was one thing putting me off.
    When we were looking it had to options needed to be ticked a bit of luxury/extras and power.

I know herself prob wouldn't have agreed to get an ST as an MPS was out of the running.

It was annoying as they are a great car but should come kitted out almost fully.

coolisin wrote: »

It was annoying as they are a great car but should come kitted out almost fully.

Yeah I agree completely. Unfortunately Ireland is not the place for people to be that way thinking. They want a current year new ST, so they buy the cheapest one possible to get the 'best' deal. It's not only for ST's either, but unfortunately the base spec of them leaves something to be desired, but that's the nature of them. They were brought out to be in or around a £20k starting price hot hatch, which worked really well inthe UK as you could spec one highly and get a nicely kitted out car for £25k or under. Unfortunately once you came this direction you got a base spec model for in or around €38k... Which is slightly rich when you consider it's a Focus at the end of the day. :)

Here's my current stereo setup that I sorted in the last few weeks*, managed to keep it mostly neat and tidy and somewhat OEM looking... as much as that is possible.

pioneerinstalled.jpg

*Honourable mention to Muppetcheck for the goods

How much did the fecker sell it to ya for :p

Yeah Dar I agree, it's just though to look at an ST and when you sit in it, there can be very little difference between the normal focus and the top of the range one!

The one I looked at it was like sitting into my mates focus van and that annoyed me.

So hard to buy a decent spec car over here unless the previous owner was a head case and speced nearly everything!

The stereo looks good in yours.

How much did the fecker sell it to ya for :p

I think we both did well out of the deal overall, so that's what's important. :D

Yeah Dar I agree, it's just though to look at an ST and when you sit in it, there can be very little difference between the normal focus and the top of the range one!

The one I looked at it was like sitting into my mates focus van and that annoyed me.

So hard to buy a decent spec car over here unless the previous owner was a head case and speced nearly everything!

The stereo looks good in yours.

Yeah you're right, although the Recaro's do make quite a bit of difference in the comfort stakes, problem is you don't sit looking at them while you're driving the car! :P

The Sony head units do make a decent difference to the interior and leather steering wheel etc... but yeah at the end of the day it's a Focus, so it's obviously not going to set the interior world alight. :pac:

It all becomes less significant when you get to put your foot down and hear the rumble grow into a roar though and the chassis does handle exceptionally well also, but I guess that can be said for the more normal Focii as well, albeit without the sports suspension.

Well there was three trim levels available in all countries when it was released, ST1 - the basic one, ST2 - with heated screen, upgraded stereo and speakers with Bluetooth and voice control and Xenons. ST3 - All of the previous and then full leather interior with heated from seats and another stereo upgrade with a 6cd changer.
    Of course just as with the brand new ST for the Irish market, Ford decided to only release the ST1 spec here, with everything else as an added extra/option.
    It's a bit of a joke that an Irish standard spec st doesn't even have a heated screen standard. A focus van had a heated screen standard afaik. You would think that if ford were trying to only launch one model that they would have sold st2 only it would make more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4577662

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4797314

must be the only 2 of these in the country, both uploaded within an hour of each other, both for sale in the same town :pac:

• Advertisement

There was a wine coloured one floating around Kildare a couple years ago!

Wonder what this would be like to live with: http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4321530

It's a bit of a joke that an Irish standard spec st doesn't even have a heated screen standard. A focus van had a heated screen standard afaik. You would think that if ford were trying to only launch one model that they would have sold st2 only it would make more sense.

Yeah but tax and VRT costs due to those "luxury" features would have made it a higher initial starting price bracket which is what Ford want to avoid...

They've done the same thing with the new ST as well. You can't actually get an ST3 here, it's an ST1 with everything as an optional extra again. So if they even sell many, expect them to be the same as the MKII ST's in a few years when they're being sold on.

that saab has been for sale for ages now.
    was genuinely interested in it but read bad reviews of that sales place from here and decided not to go any further.

Yeah but tax and VRT costs due to those "luxury" features would have made it a higher initial starting price bracket which is what Ford want to avoid...

They've done the same thing with the new ST as well. You can't actually get an ST3 here, it's an ST1 with everything as an optional extra again. So if they even sell many, expect them to be the same as the MKII ST's in a few years when they're being sold on.

I know what you mean now. I suppose STs are not really about extras more about performance. Still it's nice to have the few extras.

I know what you mean now. I suppose STs are not really about extras more about performance. Still it's nice to have the few extras.

Oh for sure, that's why I took the time (and effort!) to sort out the things in mine that I wanted but couldn't find all together in the right car at the time I was buying. Happy with it now interior wise anyway.

We'll see what else happens exterior/engine bay wise in the future. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

There was a wine coloured one floating around Kildare a couple years ago!

Wonder what this would be like to live with: http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4321530

I wouldn't buy a Matchbox dinky from Western Motor point after what I've read on here about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

They are selling the ST2 here, at a premium of €2300 over the ST.

From the price list and order guides I have, it looks like the only additional spec on the 2 is Sony Audio with SYNC, but there are different interior seat trims available on the 2.

Seems like a big premium to pay for just the upgraded audio - which is available as an €800 option on the ST.

Wow that bad.
    Either way not looking, I was using the saab aero to prove a point to brother in law, who said there are no fun estates for sale in ireland.
    So he's looking in england at diesels.

I showed that and an RS6 for with a €63 price tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Before you read the rest of this post you should know that I am currently very very bored. :pac:

My car has traveled 232,400km, the circumference of the earth is 40,075km (24901miles). This means that my car could have completed 5.799 laps of the earth!

In doing that distance it will have burned 17,662.4L of petrol assuming an average fuel consumption of 7.6l/100km.

Also assuming that the oil was always changed in 5,000km periods it will have used 139.44L of oil due to oil changes. That's 46.48 oil changes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

I'm running out of Gunk, these XUD's like to get filthyyyyy! :pac::pac::pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement