Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

If tax disc says 4-13 i would not be too pushed taxing it until say 2nd week of may, wouldn't risk it after that tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Ah it'll be done by then.
    The dyno day is the 27th and my insurance comes out monthly on the 28th so I just didn't fancy forking out another hundred quid on top of that a few days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

CianRyan wrote: »
    The dyno day is the 27th and my insurance comes out monthly on the 28th so I just didn't fancy forking out another hundred quid on top of that a few days later.

o0 yer gonna let it go out for 2-3 days.

Ya feckin rebel !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Get a job ya hippy!

:P

o0 yer gonna let it go out for 2-3 days.

Ya feckin rebel !

2 or 3 weeks, I'm on welfare here. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Get a job ya hippy!

:P

Edit: I was replying to your post above about welfare... but I seem to have gone back in time and posted in reply to it before you posted it without trying...

Don't rub it in. :(

Someone one actually acknowledged one of my emails there the other day, there is hope! :eek:

I'm after a set of roof rails like this but I can't track them down anywhere. :(
    4ceb3e8b575274542a40d7deb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

It's an Almera FFS. Not worth being dyno'd. Spend the money on tax IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

Insurance went down from 1100 to 600 euro yesterday. Passed the test a few weeks ago. Happy out with that.

On the bad side the van is off the road for a week or so due to an empty wallet. Failed the DOE today on perished front flexi hoses, a track rod end and some problem with the rear brake equalizer I've not figured out yet. Tester says it needs to be adjusted, hopefully code for WD and a belt of a hammer.

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    It's an Almera FFS. Not worth being dyno'd. Spend the money on tax IMO.

It doesn't matter how powerful the car is, I'd like to see how much it's lost or hasn't lost over the years.
    It interests me and I'll spend my money how I like, thanks very much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Don't rub it in. :(

Someone one actually acknowledged one of my emails there the other day, there is hope! :eek:

I'm after a set of roof rails like this but I can't track them down anywhere. :(
    4ceb3e8b575274542a40d7deb.jpg
    Afaik they were fitted to some JDM models which were sold in Ireland. Can't help you any more than that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

32279_1480969470802_3276149_n.jpg

Le GATSO Barrier

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Le GATSO Barrier

vnj881.jpg

Le GROUCHO Barrier :)

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Afaik they were fitted to some JDM models which were sold in Ireland. Can't help you any more than that

Thanks, man.
    To the scrappies then, I presume this will be a difficult find all the same.

Thanks, man.
    To the scrappies then, I presume this will be a difficult find all the same.

I could be wrong but I do recall a jacked up JDM Almera model with them fitted.

Very rare tbh, lots of random jap stuff were kitted out the same

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Got a text to say my new expansion tank arrived at home.

Should only take me an hour to swap it the weekend. And I'll be motoring again!

ba_barabus wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I do recall a jacked up JDM Almera model with them fitted.

Very rare tbh, lots of random jap stuff were kitted out the same

Had a google there, Pulsar SR-V and Lucino SR-V.
    lucino%20sr-v.jpg
    6309360605_0f5959cfba_z.jpg

Hopefully the 5 door rails will fit the 3 door.

thats a weird looking crossover yoke. very like the starlet carat remix with the wheel on the boot

2nqh43s.jpg

Hopefully the 5 door rails will fit the 3 door.

You could probably have them adjusted to fit.

Glad my knowledge of shyte cars has finally proved useful

Knowledge of ****e cars is always welcome around here. :D

I quite like the Lucino version, the first one there.
    A tuned SR20DET in that and you've got an ultimate sleeper, straight swap too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

I'm really getting my gears ground with donedeal links on the iPhone. When you click on the link, as you regularly would in the bangernomics thread, and the web page opens, but you also get the option up top to download or open the donedeal app. Now wouldn't you think if you clicked to open the app it would show you the ad in the app but nooooo, they just let it open on the home page. Like what fecking use is that to anyone???:mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Can anyone recommend a safe way to degas an aircon system?

dgt wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a safe way to degas an aircon system?

bundle up a towel over the nozzle, open it very quickly and run like **** :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

bundle up a towel over the nozzle, open it very quickly and run like **** :pac:

Hmmm.... Seems I'll have to try a chain onto the back of the van if I can't find anything suitable! :p

When I was much younger I worked on a car that had ac. Naivety led me to believe that the previous owner of said car didn't mind it very well and that the aircon was probably knackered. Oh how foolish of me....

Was dismantling it and it exploded in my face, the force knocking me on my back. Shellshocked, I crawled away and staggered dazed to the back of my house. I watched as this gigantic cloud engulfed the Merc in a youghart like cloud of gas.

The bang left a ringing in my ears for days, I had to wear a patch on one eye for a similar amount of time. I thought I was blind in one eye :(

You can never outrun that sh*t!!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

It doesn't matter how powerful the car is, I'd like to see how much it's lost or hasn't lost over the years.
    It interests me and I'll spend my money how I like, thanks very much.

Technically it's MCM's if he's paying taxes.

Just sayin' ;)

Tragedy wrote: »
    Technically it's MCM's if he's paying taxes.

Just sayin' ;)

And where did the taxes I've paid go?
    It's pretty stupid and quite arrogant to assume I've only ever been on welfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Take it to PM lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Just in The arklow not centre. Toby has just gone into the test lane, wish him luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Passed with flying colours :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Le GATSO Barrier

The sneaky french baxtards are also fitting cameras to the rear bumpers of grey megane's! Anyone who has ever been to France will know, you cant avoid white clios or grey meganes:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement