Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4827437

just like an ugly girl with a nice personality. awful on the outside but strangely nice on the inside.

I like them....*runs*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

its probably an unreliable dog... that said, its probably a lovely car when its working! if i was given it for free i'd definitely drive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

its probably an unreliable dog... that said, its probably a lovely car when its working! if i was given it for free i'd definitely drive it.

Yeah definitely, I'm a sucker for quirky cars like that I guess. The Avantime was another cool recent enough renault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Really need this turbo on asap.... This wastegate issue is really annoying me at this stage....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

dgt wrote: »
    This wastegate issue is really annoying me at this stage....

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

:rolleyes:

At least you can change yours relatively easily!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

dgt wrote: »
    At least you can change yours relatively easily!!!

Yeah, you'd think he'd have it sorted by now really...

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

think he just likes to be able to complain about it :D

On another note, does anyone fancy some carbon fibre vinyl wrap?

Have a big roll of it here and I'm 99% sure ill never be using it again. Think the size I bought was 150cmX200cm and I've only used about a fifth of it, if even.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Seems we made Q's news :)

Only 6 days to go until race 1

557919_10151407749982825_545246345_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

Had a dream I bought a merecedes c63 amg black last night.... Waking up sucked :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

dar83 wrote: »
    On another note, does anyone fancy some carbon fibre vinyl wrap?

Have a big roll of it here and I'm 99% sure ill never be using it again. Think the size I bought was 150cmX200cm and I've only used about a fifth of it, if even.

How much are you looking for it ?

Went to take the 6" inch backing plate off the DA for the first time and the locking mechanism appears to broken :mad:
    Eventually got it off with my Dad and the backing plate itself now is even bent a bit. **** sake, gonna email Larry straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Love those days where I clean the car and then go for an evening drive just for the hell of it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I just dropped of misses in train station. She is off to Dublin then to Austria Vienna for a week to her sisters. So me and our boys ( 2x sausage dogs ) alone for a week. :(

To make it worse I got Mazda back for a week and forecast is shiet...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I just dropped of misses in train station. She is off to Dublin then to Austria Vienna for a week to her sisters. So me and our boys ( 2x sausage dogs ) alone for a week. :(

Oh, Vienna! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I miss Vienna :( They love their cars ;)

Fingers crossed i'll be going back for a few months :D

Wahey! Tank full for the first time in weeks!!! Lets not talk about the cost for filling a near empty 70 litre tank + filler.....

Back to measuring my mpgs :)

In other news I got 160miles for €50 petrol in the 325 which is only about €6 more than the Astra and that included lots of tunnel runs too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

hit a nice little milestone tonight, 140k :)

11m72fq.jpg

• Advertisement

tossy wrote: »
    How much are you looking for it ?

Well it was more a question of giving it away really. But if you want to give me anything for it a tenner will do to cover petrol or whatever if I meet you somewhere to give it. I'll unroll it and see how much is left first if you want. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Went to take the 6" inch backing plate off the DA for the first time and the locking mechanism appears to broken :mad:
    Eventually got it off with my Dad and the backing plate itself now is even bent a bit. **** sake, gonna email Larry straight away.

I don't recall any locking mechanism on mine. I got a little spanner to hold the shaft while spinning off the backing plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

vectra wrote: »
    I don't recall any locking mechanism on mine. I got a little spanner to hold the shaft while spinning off the backing plate.

Same on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Same on mine.

if you take off the black piece there is a button to lock the rotating part like a normal grinder.
    i did get the plate off in the end but it was ridiculously tight and the backing pad got warped a little because i had to put so much force against it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

if you take off the black piece there is a button to lock the rotating part like a normal grinder.
    i did get the plate off in the end but it was ridiculously tight and the backing pad got warped a little because i had to put so much force against it

I think you've made an absolute AR$E out of something very simple :pac:

Nope, I haven't. I worked in an engineering fabrication job for almost 2years so I know grinders etc! :)
    I didn't even tighten the plate when I put it on first, hand tight only.
    My dad and his apprentice said it was broken too :p

How old is it?

About a month, only used it since Monday though

• Advertisement

About a month, only used it since Monday though

Oh! Just wondering if it could be a manufacturers defect....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement