Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

€80 for a set of mats from Honda including vat.

will take a gamble online instead

in other news Honda this week brought out a recall this week for the rear windows for crv

yay !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

€80 for a set of mats from Honda including vat.

will take a gamble online instead

in other news Honda this week brought out a recall this week for the rear windows for crv

yay !

Got the other half to get me a pair I've been looking at for a while now. From AutoStyle.co.uk. Saw them in a members car on one of the GTI owner sites and thought they looked the business. Delivered for just under €100.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

yay !
    Cheers, I'll pass that info on to my CRV owning acquaintance, I remember there being another recall a few months back for similar age CRVs. Electrical again AFAIK.

Anyone know of someone similar to CleanCar.ie, but in the Munster (Limerick) region?

Fizman wrote: »

Got the other half to get me a pair I've been looking at for a while now. From AutoStyle.co.uk. Saw them in a members car on one of the GTI owner sites and thought they looked the business. Delivered for just under €100.

I was thinking more around the region of 30 - 40 euro myself from what I have seen online so far.

someone recommended a site here the other day up in the north so I'll give em a go. wonder could I drop in instead of delivery ?

• Advertisement

just prepping the civic for the nct tomorrow morning.

I know it says that the car should be clear of personal belongings but what about door pockets ?

and boot is clear but I don't have a spare wheel because it uses repair kit so does under the boot tray have to be clear also ? I have lime jump leads and essential car stuff there like fuses etc.

also have a job interview with enterprise rental car on Wednesday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

The clock on my astra just turned 150k km this morning. Thats it broken in anyway:D. Passed the doe Friday and seems to be going well. There was just 143k km on it when i bought it 2 and half months ago. Considering it is parked up 4 days a week 7k km is a good bit in that time span. never got a picture at 150k exactly couldnt pull in a well close enough.

IMG_0843.jpg

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Unless they came without them obviously from factory, such as jap imports.etc

Don't think so TT.
    Therefore, headlamp lens cleaners are required by ECE Regulation 48 on vehicles equipped with low-beam headlamps using light sources that have a reference luminous flux of 2,000 lumens or more. This includes all HID headlamps and some high-power halogen units. ...

Considering Japan adheres to the ECE standards for lighting, they should be fitted from factory on Jap cars with Xenon/HIDs.

Best of luck with that, nice job I'd say :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

just prepping the civic for the nct tomorrow morning.

I know it says that the car should be clear of personal belongings but what about door pockets ?

and boot is clear but I don't have a spare wheel because it uses repair kit so does under the boot tray have to be clear also ? I have lime jump leads and essential car stuff there like fuses etc.

Good luck for both :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Don't think so TT.

Considering Japan adheres to the ECE standards for lighting, they should be fitted from factory on Jap cars with Xenon/HIDs.
    I know the fto came with factory hids with no headlight adjustment or washers

RoverJames wrote: »

Best of luck with that, nice job I'd say :)

thank you and stheno too.

hopefully they won't know anything about taking that rental I had for a few extra days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Don't think so TT.

Euro R and jap s2000 both came without headlight washers,that's what I'm getting at

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

My jap RX8 didn't have washers but the EU ones (with the exact same headlights) did.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

@limerick man. What happened wit the jag? I picked up on your timing chain repair a while back. Fell out of love wit it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I have a sub box in the boot screwed in and secured nicely, will I have to take it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Story with all the sticky threads? That's five threads less that I just can't read now :D

I have a sub box in the boot screwed in and secured nicely, will I have to take it out?

If it prevents examination of the boot floor and spare wheel :)

They only check the spare if it's there but they obviously check for to see if it's there or not, they generally lift the carpet and ply (or whatever it is) in the boot to do that.

Anyone know of someone similar to CleanCar.ie, but in the Munster (Limerick) region?

Anyone? I particularly like the options of engine bay / underbody.

• Advertisement

....... I particularly like the options of engine bay..........

Autoglym degreaser, garden hose, paintbrush and some tyre foam along with 30 mins of your time would do wonders to most engine bays :)

RoverJames wrote: »
    If it prevents examination of the boot floor and spare wheel :)

They only check the spare if it's there but they obviously check for to see if it's there or not, they generally lift the carpet and ply (or whatever it is) in the boot to do that.

You can lift it up but the box is heavy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

No naff music makes for an eerily quiet store.... Still out of tape adapters too!

You can lift it up but the box is heavy :)

Probably not on from a manualhandling viewpoint :pac:

feck it, ill leave it there, if it fails ill take it out and go for a retest straight away

feck it, ill leave it there, if it fails ill take it out and go for a retest straight away

nearly at the test center myself .. I most likely will fail on front tyres. plenty of thread but side walls slight slice on each.

my 2 final checks included plugging my seat belt sensor back in and putting the Speedo back into km's ! ( I always wear my seatbelt btw, the noise just annoys me when I turn the car on )

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

You are selling winter tyres - surely it would make more sense just to throw them on the car for the test? If you have time I'd be doing that.

You are selling winter tyres - surely it would make more sense just to throw them on the car for the test? If you have time I'd be doing that.

would you believe. those tyres are absolutely perfect.

except on one of them (I don't know which one) would fail the nct because of the date on it from what atlas told me but they are still perfect.

I have no idea how that works but I did think of that.

but at the same time I don't mind because my rear tyres are very low but legal and I want to change them soon anyhow so I can do all 4 at once.

just saw the tester get my car there...... straight away playing with the radio laughing....... anyway... scary looking through the window.

• Advertisement

let me know if your tyres fail on age. 2 of mine are getting old! cant see anything on the nct manual about age though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement