Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

What can you swap him, a half burned piece of wood from the camp fire and a double barreled shotgun?! :P

I'd rather keep the shotgun and I'm using that piece of wood to keep my arse warm as I type this, I'd offer to cook those sausages but then they'd be totally worthless :pac:

Trade for a heap of broken Alfas...?! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

DONE!
    It's yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

this is quickly becoming the for Sale tread.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

this is quickly becoming the for Sale tread.

No one wants your FTO....fvck off!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

No one wants your FTO....fvck off!

:pac:

It hurts because its true:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

New F1 film

Hopefully better than the trailer:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Going to get my 4 wheel alignment done in fastfit tomorrow :) going to get a few bits checked off the preventative maintainance list while i'm there. an engine oil and gearbox oil change and front pads!

kind of frustrates me paying 200 odd quid for at least 3 jobs i could do myself for a fraction of that price. just have no enthusiasm to get out in the freezing cold weather between torrential showers to do it :( that and i'm up to my neck in assignments.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Don't forget 4 new (finest chinese)tyres, those mysterious philips head screwdriver holes in the sidewall are rampant these days :p

Going to get my 4 wheel alignment done in fastfit tomorrow :) going to get a few bits checked off the preventative maintainance list while i'm there. an engine oil and gearbox oil change and front pads!

kind of frustrates me paying 200 odd quid for at least 3 jobs i could do myself for a fraction of that price. just have no enthusiasm to get out in the freezing cold weather between torrential showers to do it :( that and i'm up to my neck in assignments.

Cold weather and college stuff never stopped me.... eg I built my van in the winter of 2010, I commented on how cold it was while working on it at 2 am, on more than one occasion ;)

One of the most hateful jobs I did on a car was stripping an engine of it's components then loading the shell of the car it came out of onto a trailer and delivering it... All in torrential rain. Never, ever again :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

it must be said though dgt, that you are no ordinary gentleman. i dont know if its true love, persistance, OCD or just ignorance, but you never give in with a car. fair play sir :pac: but i could never top your endurance.

• Advertisement

Andy you're too kind :D:D:D

Saw a grand Cherokee like mine on Saturday, first one I've seen since I bought it. Have seen hundreds of them since :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

RoverJames wrote: »
    Saw a grand Cherokee like mine on Saturday, first one I've seen since I bought it. Have seen hundreds of them since :eek:

Maybe you've started a trend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Look for a black one I think the guy we sold ours to lives somewhere up your dorection somewhere. Reg is 07-kk-2227. Here the funny part that jeep was registered on the 22-2-2007 no joke some coincidence. I was the first one to spot that when we collected ours. It one of the few things we sold and never say again. We still see our Santa Fe 07 going around Kilkenny. Still don't think the new owner knows my mother made sh!t of it in a crash it was repaired very well though and he got it seriously cheap considering it was a main Hyundai garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I think I just sow one of the funniest things on the road ever!

So there is a pedestrian crossing with lights in Mallow. It has the usual button for pedestrians so they can call out for green light. All is grand and good, but someone took of the lights of that pedestrian crossing all together. They left the polls and buttons though... :pac:
    So I am driving that road like always and I see some young fella going crazy on the button with "WTF" on his face. I almost peed myself laughing. I wonder how long it took him to realise the flow in his actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Just paid my insurance, legal for another year.......woot:p

For the laugh I asked for a quote for my 17yr old daughter on my car,

Quote was 1700, quite alot less than I was expecting.

I drove to Thurles last night (thanks again MM ;) ) so I got to drive one of my favoirite bits of road, Borrisoleigh to nenagh:) traffic on the way over clear road on the way back:D I gave the alfa an absolute roasting! Nights like that I love my car:)

Btw 15 miles at max welly( 3rd and 4th gear), and 20 miles quickly equals 6.0L/100km in my car:cool:

I also noticed that lpg is 89c/L in the Ragg is that good or bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Fookin SOLD!! :D:D:D
    the best car Ive owned to date. Bye baby.

But let the BMW parts shopping begin!

561411_558929167471114_754025591_n.jpg

155771_558929130804451_1882976180_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Nice, what plans have you for the BMW?

Fookin SOLD!! :D:D:D
    the best car Ive owned to date. Bye baby.

But let the BMW parts shopping begin!

]

Well done, that donedeal bump obviously did the trick:)

Did you get what you wanted?

I refused to believe it until I saw it....

My road is getting repaired!!!! :eek::eek::eek:
    Image550.jpg

• Advertisement

Nothing major BW but all those small bits add up, it has pretty much all I want so far :) mostly maintainance parts I'll be getting
    Got 3,800 for the Astra, would have like to reach the 4k but I'm happy. Bout it for 4,200 2years ago, put about €1,800 into it in aesthetic parts.
    Car was absolutely fantastic though, they were laughing at how many spare parts I had to give them, full suspension set up, front and rear light units, oem air intake system, radio and wiring, speakers, number plates, spare bulbs galore...the boot and back seats were full!
    Would have liked someone on boards to buy it but the new owner is an incredibly hot Polish woman so that'll do :D

Nothing major BW but all those small bits add up, it has pretty much all I want so far :) mostly maintainance parts I'll be getting
    Got 3,800 for the Astra, would have like to reach the 4k but I'm happy. Bout it for 4,200 2years ago, put about €1,800 into it in aesthetic parts.
    Car was absolutely fantastic though, they were laughing at how many spare parts I had to give them, full suspension set up, front and rear light units, oem air intake system, radio and wiring, speakers, number plates, spare bulbs galore...the boot and back seats were full!
    Would have liked someone on boards to buy it but the new owner is an incredibly hot Polish woman so that'll do :D

Did ya get her number:P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

dgt wrote: »
    I refused to believe it until I saw it....

My road is getting repaired!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Make sure to take photos of all the "repairs" :p

In other news,
    Alfa is going to the George Dalton hospital tomorrow ;)
    Replacement front brake calliper,
    New headlight (entire unit)
    Full service including all fluids, gearbox, brake etc
    And something has started rattling on the front this week:o
    Bon courage Dr Dalton:D

Edit: he'll enjoy having a bit of class around the place :)

Hope she doesnt catch anything from those bloody VW's he keeps round the place :pac:

pred racer wrote: »
    Did ya get her number:P

Hells no, she's married and have you seen the size of most polish men! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I knew you'd be more interested in the "size" of the men alright :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Science!
    http://www.damninteresting.com/the-baader-meinhof-phenomenon/
    Baader-Meinhof is the phenomenon where one happens upon some obscure piece of information-- often an unfamiliar word or name-- and soon afterwards encounters the same subject again, often repeatedly

The phenomenon bears some similarity to synchronicity, which is the experience of having a highly meaningful coincidence... such as having someone telephone you while you are thinking about them. Both phenomena invoke a feeling of mild surprise, and cause one to ponder the odds of such an intersection.

The reason for this is our brains' prejudice towards patterns. Our brains are fantastic pattern recognition engines, a characteristic which is highly useful for learning, but it does cause the brain to lend excessive importance to unremarkable events.

I knew you'd be more interested in the "size" of the men alright :P

Yeah I would be if they had any inclinations to repeat what I'd do to his wife! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

the new owner is an incredibly hot Polish woman so that'll do :D

You know the score...... Pics or...... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Man up dude.. That is no excuse LOL

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement