Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

Matt Simis wrote: »

Science fail, I'm in America at the moment, lots of grand cher's about.
    Yeah I would be if they had any inclinations to repeat what I'd do to his wife! :pac:

Keep at the weights :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

MugMugs wrote: »
    You know the score...... Pics or...... :D

Can you not tell from the furious quick fire shots from the camera as she was leaving the driveway that he tried his best.

Only once the husband had already exited the driveway and was out of sight though. Haha :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Two garda check points in two days. First one exiting the M9 and Second entering the M9, I didnt know my Astra attracts so much attention ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Autosport wrote: »
    Two garda check points in two days. First one exiting the M9 and Second entering the M9, I didnt know my Astra attracts so much attention ;)

The m9 seems to have cameras and gardai checks a good bit. Specially between Kilkenny and Carlow you always see the gaurds pulled in checking speed. And yet when I go on the m8 you never see a gaurd on it.

Bpmull wrote: »
    The m9 seems to have cameras and gardai checks a good bit. Specially between Kilkenny and Carlow you always see the gaurds pulled in checking speed. And yet when I go on the m8 you never see a gaurd on it.

Today one was on the Links road and exiting at exit 10(M9) and yesterday at Danesfort and at exit 9(M9) Waterford direction. I wonder where it will be tomorrow :D

Before all this i hadnt seen a garda or a checkpoint since christmas. Are they on the lookout for me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Thats the thing, you always feel guilty when the guards are around even if you haven't done anything wrong. They can smell fear ye know.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Thats the thing, you always feel guilty when the guards are around even if you haven't done anything wrong. They can smell fear ye know.

Ever notice that people go EXTRA slow when there's a Garda car in front or behind them? I'm talkin 25km/h in a 50 zone!!! Fair annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I always floor it away from a checkpoint :o Its even more fun now that theres actually a real noise from my engine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Got a bit of a shock this afternoon, my dad rang me to say he had a pain in his chest and he couldnt make it out to the kitchen to tell my mother. (he's been waiting for a heart bypass since december) needless to say land speed records were set. To anyone who was cut up, terrified, honked at or inconvienced in any way by a black alfa today, I'm sorry!
    Got to the hospital in Nenagh, and the bloody nurse says to me "why did you bring him here?" bring a man having a heart attack to a hospital.......the fcucking cheek of me:mad: and then she says to me why didnt I call an ambulance, it would have been quicker.....I think not, you dozy old trout!
    Long story short, ambulance from nenagh to limerick, hes ok now, mild heart attack, and they are keeping him in the cardiac care unit until he can go to dublin for the op.

Drove my mother to limerick in their yeti, bit of a pudding but a million miles better than the Juke I drove in germany

Sorry for the rant, had to let it out somewhere, me head is fried, gotta try sleep now, off to cheese eating surrender monkey land in the morning:(

^ Hope he gets better soon and fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

pred racer wrote: »
    Got a bit of a shock this afternoon, my dad rang me to say he had a pain in his chest and he couldnt make it out to the kitchen to tell my mother. (he's been waiting for a heart bypass since december) needless to say land speed records were set. To anyone who was cut up, terrified, honked at or inconvienced in any way by a black alfa today, I'm sorry!
    Got to the hospital in Nenagh, and the bloody nurse says to me "why did you bring him here?" bring a man having a heart attack to a hospital.......the fcucking cheek of me:mad: and then she says to me why didnt I call an ambulance, it would have been quicker.....I think not, you dozy old trout!
    Long story short, ambulance from nenagh to limerick, hes ok now, mild heart attack, and they are keeping him in the cardiac care unit until he can go to dublin for the op.

Drove my mother to limerick in their yeti, bit of a pudding but a million miles better than the Juke I drove in germany

Sorry for the rant, had to let it out somewhere, me head is fried, gotta try sleep now, off to cheese eating surrender monkey land in the morning:(

Jesus, that must've been some shock! Here's hoping for a speedy recovery man.

Jesus christ pred, I really hope he's ok. Good thing you were there to do all that though, fair play to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Awwww ****e man Im sorry, not a good time to have to leave home.

Ardy, you drive a 325i, why do you have a pic on an M3 dash as your sig??? Aspiration??? Good man :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

all the best pred. not a nice thing to have happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Thanks guys/gals, it was probably for the best, at least now he will get the op,
    Mild heart attack and then surgery is better than major heart attack!
    Even I cant outrun the grim reaper, although if MM wants to lend me his car, Ill give it a go:D

159 vs binky (terry pratchett fans will understand)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

pred racer wrote: »

Glad to hear he's on the road to recovery, hat's off for the speedy reactions :)

Make sure to take photos of all the "repairs" :p

Kwalitee repairs!!!
    Image551.jpg
    Image552.jpg

At last, I can drive up and down there again in a bit of peace of mind the potholes are gone until it rains again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

The 406 will be slammed (as they say:pac:) now that the road is smooth(ish) :p

• Advertisement

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    The 406 will be slammed (as they say:pac:) now that the road is smooth(ish) :p

I'll sort the front springs in due time! I want some sort of handling back :pac:

dgt wrote: »
    I'll sort the front springs in due time! I want some sort of handling back :pac:

Just fount this there with a bit of random goggleing. This is what I vote for your car next:D

6581260153_24b3777fe7_b.jpg

:D

The hape was halfway there :pac:
    534416_483512781668175_2028591201_n.jpg
    193082_492277854125001_1343095297_o.jpg

Thanks to my super duper amazing fantastic paint skills I have made that car a bit more you :p

420BB9F9513A4534B6FE0DF35EA1D2BB-0000363222-0003216783-01024L-3DC97D7C64EE4A44919C65F05B6C878C.jpg

Black and all!!! :D

I must make a vid of Auld Laim driving off, some reek from it under full boot before it spools...

For now, here's a vid from earlier tonight :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

It's just one of those days. Went upto cork today for review lecture nearly 2 hour trip got up there lecture cancelled till Friday drove home. 4 hour trip 320 km for basically nothing. It gets worse. On the way home I look up at the mirror to notice a foot long crack on the window. And the focus has a heated screen window. Do insurance companies even cover heated screen windows or will they try to put some sh!t plain window in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

in hb Dennis air side getting sensors done on the volvo

drooling all over the brand new volvos and landrovers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

in hb Dennis air side getting sensors done on the volvo

drooling all over the brand new volvos and landrovers :(

They had a couple of cracking looking V60 R-Design's up on Carzone a few weeks ago. One of them in Polestar Blue, which looks great in pictures, but probably have a hard time selling it on in a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Polestar blue <3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Bpmull wrote: »
    It's just one of those days. Went upto cork today for review lecture nearly 2 hour trip got up there lecture cancelled till Friday drove home. 4 hour trip 320 km for basically nothing. It gets worse. On the way home I look up at the mirror to notice a foot long crack on the window. And the focus has a heated screen window. Do insurance companies even cover heated screen windows or will they try to put some sh!t plain window in.

They will have to replace it with what it has already once your covered for windscreen it doesn't matter heated or not. My dad had his heated replaced on insurance no issues!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement