Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Gavman84 wrote: »
    They will have to replace it with what it has already once your covered for windscreen it doesn't matter heated or not. My dad had his heated replaced on insurance no issues!

Thanks that's good to know. Ill get it replaced next week ill give them a ring and see who's approved to do it hopefully autoglass as there the nearest to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

More Garda checkpoints this evening. What the hell is going on in Kilkenny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Insurance is generally like for like

Autosport wrote: »
    More Garda checkpoints this evening. What the hell is going on in Kilkenny :D

Wasn't in Kilkenny today so didnt see the checkpoints I was in cork. Kilkenny is not normally that bad for checkpoints there is certain spots alright callan road, waterford road etc. you must be sick off them at this stage. I really dont seem to come accross them tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Bpmull wrote: »
    Wasn't in Kilkenny today so didnt see the checkpoints I was in cork. Kilkenny is not normally that bad for checkpoints there is certain spots alright callan road, waterford road etc. you must be sick off them at this stage. I really seem to come accross them tbh.

Haven't hit a checkpoint in an age with the exception of customs.

• Advertisement

MugMugs wrote: »
    Haven't hit a checkpoint in an age with the exception of customs.

I'm the same I meant to say I never come accross them stupid phone :) I think when I first started driving I was about 6 months on the road before I went through a checkpoint. A few years back when my dad had a few vans on the road he was constantly stopped and dipped for green diesel I don't know why. Do they still do much dipping for green diesel I wonder ? I don't really here much about it anymore.

I'm the same I meant to say I never come accross them stupid phone :) I think when I first started driving I was about 6 months on the road before I went through a checkpoint. A few years back when my dad had a few vans on the road he was constantly stopped and dipped for green diesel I don't know why. Do they still do much dipping for green diesel I wonder ? I don't really here much about it anymore.

Ach, more border areas but cover the roads from border areas just outside Dublin too.

You generally know when customs are about. The local hotel receptionist makes sure of that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

It's just one of those days. Went upto cork today for review lecture nearly 2 hour trip got up there lecture cancelled till Friday drove home. 4 hour trip 320 km for basically nothing. It gets worse. On the way home I look up at the mirror to notice a foot long crack on the window. And the focus has a heated screen window. Do insurance companies even cover heated screen windows or will they try to put some sh!t plain window in.

All insurance companies are under contact to settle claims in 3 fashions
    • Payment of money
    • Paying for repairs
    • Replacement (of contents)
    Unless otherwise specified in the policy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

IK09 wrote: »
    All insurance companies are under contact to settle claims in 3 fashions
    • Payment of money
    • Paying for repairs
    • Replacement (of contents)
    Unless otherwise specified in the policy

I got my screen replaced last week and while it was covered by insurance I had to pay the VAT because apparently insurance companies 'don't deal in VAT'

• Advertisement

Gary ITR wrote: »
    I got my screen replaced last week and while it was covered by insurance I had to pay the VAT because apparently insurance companies 'don't deal in VAT'

Are you VAT registered?

The only reason they'd deduct the VAT is because if you are registered, you could claim the VAT element of the claim back yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

@ardennes

I seen a convoy from the Normandy tank museum on the road today, I thought of you:pac: couldnt get a photo, les flics were driving behind me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Thanks Pred I appreciate that :)
    Where abouts were you?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

Just back from a week in vegas, had a brilliant time and was made better by cruising around in this all week, $220 for the week, the stamp on the bulkhead for date of manufacture was march 15th 2013,
    903539_4526645924116_1038759357_o_zps6947f2a8.jpg
    891699_4526648724186_230577479_o_zps5c2504a8.jpg

Thanks Pred I appreciate that :)
    Where abouts were you?

In paris, corbiel essonnes to be precise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

I'm just after seeing a 1991 Mercedes 500SEL drive by me in the RCSI car park. That sound! That lazy burble! The smell of petrol! The sheer size of the car!!!

Why can't more people drive such cars to brighten my day more often :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Anyone remember that discount code for Ferrari watches that was posted a few months ago? Anyone actually get one of those watches?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Anyone remember that discount code for Ferrari watches that was posted a few months ago? Anyone actually get one of those watches?

DON'T DO IT!
    Unless you own a Ferrari you'll just look like a knob.

CianRyan wrote: »
    DON'T DO IT!

I have a Rammstein keychain, that doesn't mean I own a Rammstein :D

No matter how much I want to : (

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

tuborg_man wrote: »
    Just back from a week in vegas, had a brilliant time and was made better by cruising around in this all week, $220 for the week, the stamp on the bulkhead for date of manufacture was march 15th 2013,
    http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f322/mikie1985/903539_4526645924116_1038759357_o_zps6947f2a8.jpg
    http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f322/mikie1985/891699_4526648724186_230577479_o_zps5c2504a8.jpg

Who did you hire from? Hopefully will be heading that way later this year.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement

I have a Rammstein keychain, that doesn't mean I own a Rammstein :D

No matter how much I want to : (

Ah come on, that's a bit different.
    If one of those lads had a key chain of their own band they'd look like even bigger knobs. Haha

Ah come on, that's a bit different.
    If one of those lads had a key chain of their own band they'd look like even bigger knobs. Haha

Oi, watch yar blasphemic mouth or I'll shove hot coals down yar throat and set you aflame :D

DON'T DO IT!

I concur;)

Ive got an alfa T shirt:pac:

Oi, watch yar blasphemic mouth or I'll shove hot coals down yar throat and set you aflame :D

Living up to that user name there, ya maniac! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

Living up to that user name there, ya maniac! :pac:

If he lived up to his username I'd be more worried :eek:

There is a 05 octavia near me. It has 4 of the red square lights in the bumper the same as you see on the back off a truck. Then there is 2 square worklights the black plastic ones you see on trucks and forklifts. They are mounted under the bumper and are only an inch from the ground. I laugh every time I see it it just looks so stupid. On the front there 2 big proper truck spotlight not even small ones. It's an octavia like does the owner think its a truck. I'm half expecting to pass it one day and see a hiab monted on the back :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Just home, about time. And lets never speak of pop up impromptu art exhibits ever again.... :eek:
    DON'T DO IT!

I have a blue Fiat hat, Ferrari 50th anniversary jumper (yes, I know :o) and a BMW document holder somewhere about... A Ferrari mug too, have it since I was 8 :p

My dad has an Alfa keyring.... With Iveco key attached..... Meh, they're all Fiats anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

h3000 wrote: »
    Who did you hire from? Hopefully will be heading that way later this year.

http://www.priceline.com/l/home.htm?&rdr=p2seti&sv3=Y
    they didn't need any credit card, the rental company will sort all that out, no hassle with any of the dealings at all, and they can turn right on a red light which works extremely well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

tuborg_man wrote: »
    http://www.priceline.com/l/home.htm?&rdr=p2seti&sv3=Y
    they didn't need any credit card, the rental company will sort all that out, no hassle with any of the dealings at all, and they can turn right on a red light which works extremely well.

Thanks man

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Sums it up pretty well.

529102_468686359867791_1773385303_n.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement