Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

tuborg_man wrote: »
    http://www.priceline.com/l/home.htm?&rdr=p2seti&sv3=Y
    they didn't need any credit card, the rental company will sort all that out, no hassle with any of the dealings at all, and they can turn right on a red light which works extremely well.

Thanks again but who was the actual rental company you ended up collecting the car from?

I don't want to end up with one of these..:o:o:o
    03-2012-chrysler-200-convertible-leaked-shots630opt.jpg

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

unfortunately you gotta take your chance, the company I got mine with were alamo, You just have to be nice to the clerk on the desk and when you go up to the car park to collect your car he'll ask what you are they for, I just asked for a mustang and he gave me an option of 3 brand new one's,
    While I wanted the mustang I was willing to take a sebring for the price I got it at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

CianRyan wrote: »
    DON'T DO IT!
    Unless you own a Ferrari you'll just look like a knob.

LOL

Reminds me of this. :D

Reg.5760.12.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

So finally got the oil leak checked today. The worst news. Leak is in the timing chain cover and its an engine out day and a half job to fix. Makes it uneconomical sound to do :(
    I love that car.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

unfortunately you gotta take your chance, the company I got mine with were alamo, You just have to be nice to the clerk on the desk and when you go up to the car park to collect your car he'll ask what you are they for, I just asked for a mustang and he gave me an option of 3 brand new one's,
    While I wanted the mustang I was willing to take a sebring for the price I got it at.

I used Fox Rental. Not only can you specify the model (Mustang / Challenger / Camaro) but when you arrive you can choose which one you want from the lot, i.e. red as opposed to grey or whatever. Only downside is they only do 6-pots. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Jimdagym wrote: »
    So finally got the oil leak checked today. The worst news. Leak is in the timing chain cover and its an engine out day and a half job to fix. Makes it uneconomical sound to do :(
    I love that car.

Take a leaf from my book? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

very productive day yesterday

flights booked
    hotel booked
    quick park booked at dublin airport

was so tempted by the car spa at quick park... the misus would kill me :(

anyway, paris for a week, grand stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

they can turn right on a red light which works extremely well.

Except when they do it when the pedestrian crossings are on "Walk" and there are people crossing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Someone has randomly painted a bunch of these yellow arrows on a road near my house! Not a clue what they are for. Bit of a mystery. They seem to loop back on themselves too so it probably isn't a route for someone to follow.

RpUi661.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 13,669 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

I'm sure it's UFO. :D

• Advertisement

dgt wrote: »
    Take a leaf from my book? :)

Do it myself? I would if I had the space. Just collected it there. Apparently the breather box (?) is all blocked up or something. I dunno.

Anyone know the scrap value of an 01 9-5?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    I used Fox Rental. Not only can you specify the model (Mustang / Challenger / Camaro) but when you arrive you can choose which one you want from the lot, i.e. red as opposed to grey or whatever. Only downside is they only do 6-pots. ;)

never tried fox, how much was it with them, might be going back there for a friends wedding end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Redisle wrote: »
    Someone has randomly painted a bunch of these yellow arrows on a road near my house! Not a clue what they are for. Bit of a mystery. They seem to loop back on themselves too so it probably isn't a route for someone to follow.

There's something circulating on Facebook about would-be theives leaving codes outside peoples' houses to tell other theives if they are worth robbing. No clue whether it's the usual FB sh!te or not but if it's real, this could be related...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

There's something circulating on Facebook about would-be theives leaving codes outside peoples' houses to tell other theives if they are worth robbing. No clue whether it's the usual FB sh!te or not but if it's real, this could be related...

Would it not make more sense to steal things themselves?

Would it not make more sense to steal things themselves?

Maybe if they're all part of a gang, they might have a certain person scouting the place out and someone else robs it in case the scout's face was seen or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

That's generally a small inconspicuous marking usually in chalk that lets them know how many are in the house and if its ever empty, an x means the house is always occupied or too well guarded to be worth it. It happened in an area I know before where a spate of houses were robbed in the one week and the symbols were found subsequently.

Big yellow markings visible to everyone wouldn't be that I don't think but you never know, I don't think I've ever heard of someone ever getting convicted for a burglary I knew of so they may just not care if the symbols are visible!

Maybe if they're all part of a gang, they might have a certain person scouting the place out and someone else robs it in case the scout's face was seen or something like that.

I suppose that's could make sense but it'd probably be more discreet to just jot down the address. Or swipe a few satnavs and save the locations of decent houses?

Just sounds like the usual Facebook chain mail to me.

I suppose that's could make sense but it'd probably be more discreet to just jot down the address. Or swipe a few satnavs and save the locations of decent houses?

Just sounds like the usual Facebook chain mail to me.

To be honest Cian, I haven't a clue if it's to do with theiving or not, I'm not from Tallaght :pac:

To be honest Cian, I haven't a clue if it's to do with theiving or not, I'm not from Tallaght :pac:

Aye, I'll look into it, lads. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

never tried fox, how much was it with them, might be going back there for a friends wedding end of the year.

Think it was about $40 / day plus insurance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

draffodx wrote: »
    That's generally a small inconspicuous marking usually in chalk that lets them know how many are in the house and if its ever empty, an x means the house is always occupied or too well guarded to be worth it. It happened in an area I know before where a spate of houses were robbed in the one week and the symbols were found subsequently.

Big yellow markings visible to everyone wouldn't be that I don't think but you never know, I don't think I've ever heard of someone ever getting convicted for a burglary I knew of so they may just not care if the symbols are visible!

What absolute scum :mad:

At least here there's someone at all times. Plus the constant moving of cars would suggest far more people live here.

We've caught people trying to pull fast ones here. Driving into the yard etc. Only to get a nasty shock when I appear out of nowhere!

I doubt these arrows are anything like that. A good few of them aren't outside houses at all. Still pretty random thing to find painted on a normal road though! Maybe the council are using them to plan something.. who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

Redisle wrote: »

RpUi661.jpg?1

Could it be to do with the planned installation of water meters?

I know some local authorities have started doing surveys to determine where houses are connected to the mains.

Maybe check your local council's website for any notifications to this effect?

Everyone around here has independent wells so I doubt that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

Back when I was gainfully employed in the roadbuilding industry, some of the lads would spray up marker arrows with yellow linemarker to guide the lowloader and delivery trucks to a job out in the middle of nowhere.

It's the same paint in use here, but our markings were generally thinner, and normally placed at junctions,crossroads etc..

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Do it myself? I would if I had the space. Just collected it there. Apparently the breather box (?) is all blocked up or something. I dunno.

Anyone know the scrap value of an 01 9-5?

Bump!

So anyone any clue on scrap value??

This confuses me....

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Mazda/Mazda3/MPS-2.3-/33913633923032530/advert?channel=CARS

A "2013" version of a design that was replaced in (I think) 2008....

Itchy feet?

Itchy feet?

Hell no! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

This confuses me....

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Mazda/Mazda3/MPS-2.3-/33913633923032530/advert?channel=CARS

A "2013" version of a design that was replaced in (I think) 2008....

Unsold stock. I remember you could buy a new pre reg 3 mps for something crazy like about €22000 in mid 2008 from a Dublin dealer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement