Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Hell no! :D

Then stop looking up MPS cars. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Unsold stock. I remember you could buy a new pre reg 3 mps for something crazy like about €22000 in mid 2008 from a Dublin dealer.

But why the hell is that one only popping up now? over 30k for a car that will be €2100+ tax a year!

EDIT: staying OT with my current motor, you might get this for 33,500 :pac:

http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/3-Series/335i-M-S/33413640599272000/advert?channel=CARS

What an absolutely ridiculous price to be asking!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Think it may have being limerick Colm that one was hanging around.
    The mk2 MPS came out in 09.
    The road tax on that would be at the the highest bracket right?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Similar story with a 156 gta prefacelift wasn't there? Unsold for years but at a ridiculous price up on carzone for ages.
    Possibly mazda Ireland doing a spring clean

coolisin wrote: »
    The road tax on that would be at the the highest bracket right?

Yup
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    Possibly mazda Ireland doing a spring clean

Great time to do a spring clean, selling an old car that will now fall into the new tax system when they could have registered it years ago and have it on the old system.

I've said it before, the people who can afford >2100 for tax will not be buying a Mazda :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They dropped the price of the red Mazda 3 MPS by around €13,000 unregistered recently because a new facelifted one came out. Is the 6 a facefift as well or not?

If not then these two cars alone are probably upsetting to see on the balance sheets. :eek:

Terrible showroom. If Mazda wanted a true prescense in Limerick then they should have O'Mara Motors / LMC type of showroom to really highlight the dealership.

Could be the same car from when Mike o Dwyer closed down.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=65620089

Nice detective work :D

If it was that sale proof back then, it's just getting more and more saleproof by the day!

They could try to give it away in say a raffle but when the winner realises that they will have a tax bill that high, they'll want to give it back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Yeah that 156 used constantly appear in the dreamer thread, last time I saw an ad for it the price had well dropped and was registered.

Have you seen the price of some of the mps's on donedeal at the moment MM.

I have indeed, they're going for absolutely nothing. Don't think I'd buy a 6MPS again though, if anything it'd be a 3MPS but I'd have an RX8 before I'd have that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Drivers are crazy here in Athlone, will I be safe in Longford :-(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Killianmanning did I see you at the fire station in Navan around 16:30 ish? Twas in the Daily this time!

dgt wrote: »
    Killianmanning did I see you at the fire station in Navan around 16:30 ish? Twas in the Daily this time!

Start your own thread "I spotted killianmanning while stalking him" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Start your own thread "I spotted killianmanning while stalking him" :pac:

LOL! I was just about to post something similar! :D

MM I do get around you know :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Could we have picked a worse day to head up currauntuahill like :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Need a new car, something quickish even a 1.6. This 1.0l business isn't suiting me tbh. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Need a new car, something quickish even a 1.6. This 1.0l business isn't suiting me tbh. :(

A quick 1.6 you say :pac:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4837762

Full-18889876.jpeg

Love them yokes, prefer black though :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Evening all :)

Still in work all the hours god sends you mode, but slowly getting there :) When the horror ends I may regale you :)

Got a dedicated parking space in work which is handy enough and the alfa is running well. Think I might have been wrong about the clutch, it seems ok, and the sputtering and cutting out has stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Ded_Zebra wrote: »

I want a levin so bad :( might have to happen this summer. you may sell yours to me :pac: good ones are hard got!

the age old question, i wonder is a glanza quicker?

• Advertisement

I want a levin so bad :( might have to happen this summer. you may sell yours to me :pac: good ones are hard got!

There's only one way to find out :D:D

If you are serious I may be interested in a swap ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

God i would die inside if i had to drive a 1 litre car :(

**Cough** Your more then welcome to PM me when your selling that Glanza :pac: **Cough**

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

There's only one way to find out :D:D

If you are serious I may be interested in a swap ;)
    **Cough** Your more then welcome to PM me when your selling that Glanza :pac: **Cough**

jaysus lads i didn't think anybody had time for glanzas anymore :pac:

i've been toying with the idea a while now to change up to a levin, still have great intention to do so in the early summer. simply won't have time until at least the first week in may because i'm up to my tonsils with college assignments.

i love the shape of them, such a stylish looking thing in my opinion, that and i've never owned a two door coupe before, or a 20v model of the 4a-ge so it'd be a nice change.

i do no driving really. maybe 50km a week 3 weeks of the month and around 300km every 4th week so wouldn't really mind the extra "thirst" of a levin.

be careful what you say lads, i might end up holding you to it :pac:

God i would die inside if i had to drive a 1 litre car :(

LOL, i'll be honest, their not the worst when its just you in the car but christ when carrying four people you feel like crying a bit.
    jaysus lads i didn't think anybody had time for glanzas anymore :pac:

i've been toying with the idea a while now to change up to a levin, still have great intention to do so in the early summer. simply won't have time until at least the first week in may because i'm up to my tonsils with college assignments.

i love the shape of them, such a stylish looking thing in my opinion, that and i've never owned a two door coupe before, or a 20v model of the 4a-ge so it'd be a nice change.

i do no driving really. maybe 50km a week 3 weeks of the month and around 300km every 4th week so wouldn't really mind the extra "thirst" of a levin.

be careful what you say lads, i might end up holding you to it :pac:

I need a job first :D

Whats its like insurance wise with regards to age ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Then buy something with a big engine or big power then!?

Toyotafanboi, don't be worried about the fuel consumption. I averaged 40.6mpg on my last tank (all fairly careful driving). Diesel fans eat your hearts out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

He said quick..:pac:
    BTW I sold the FTO today, dropping it to the new owner in the morning....

You know it's a sh*te night when I'm on this while in a nightclub....! Palarse in Navan, come up to the boredom sofa and say hello :) oh wait, no one else in their right mind goes here! :pac:

On the plus side, I'm the designated driver so I get to call the shots and not wait round for feckin chips and talking crap to yobbos! :)

Wait, I'd rather be asleep.... :(

• Advertisement

He said quick..:pac:

oh yeah, how's your quick sale going:P

EDIT: Goddamn your cheeky edit!!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement