Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    The BMW would probably win. RWD so it'll hook up much better off the line. Once the levin is hooking up well it'll probably catch up but never pass. The BMW will also monster it on top speed as the levin is limited to 180km/h.

Your Levin is obviously a Jap import if it's limited. My RX8 was also a Jap import and I spent several hundred euro in getting an ECU tuning tool in order to get rid of the limiter. Afterwards I found out that if you hit 180km/h, all you had to do to get above this was to tap the clutch.

I don't know was that just specific to the RX8 but you should give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

On a paper, yet to see them do that much power. Funny enough back in the day had a go on straight against a Levin in mx5 ( rolling start ). He was in front of me when we started and he did not got away from me even an inch. Considering mazda is only 140hp, I was expecting levin to run away from me.
    I know one levin is not a standart for all levins, but I found 160hp number just to be on paper. Same as altezza, 220hp on paper and if you got 160hp, then count yourself lucky.
    In levins defence we can say that a lot of them are half dead thanks to boy racing.
    If it is going 325 vs levin as over all package I would go for 325 and I am not german head.

Well if you want to pay to dyno mine your more than welcome to, It is my birthday tomorrow :pac:. I just can't afford to ATM
    Your Levin is obviously a Jap import if it's limited. My RX8 was also a Jap import and I spent several hundred euro in getting an ECU tuning tool in order to get rid of the limiter. Afterwards I found out that if you hit 180km/h, all you had to do to get above this was to tap the clutch.

I don't know was that just specific to the RX8 but you should give it a try.

That's very interesting and a bit strange alright.
    I'll definitely give it a go, but now when I think about it there is no switch on the clutch in my car so it has no way of knowing if you have pressed it or not. It might just be an RX8 quirk.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Keep €50 from your birthday for the dyno day. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

CianRyan wrote: »
    Keep €50 from your birthday for the dyno day. :)

Any money I get for my birthday I'll need to spend on food etc. Things are tight at the moment :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Any money I get for my birthday I'll need to spend on food etc. Things are tight at the moment :(

Aww rubbish. :(
    If you're coming along to hang out and watch there's a BZR coming with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

What bhp do Levins usually make on Irish fuel too?

You should have stuck with your original plan for an S3 or TT then you could set your sights higher than a levin for the traffic light grand prix :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

tossy wrote: »
    You should have stuck with your original plan for an S3 or TT then you could set your sights higher than a levin for the traffic light grand prix :D

Lol harsh.

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Lol harsh.

lol it was a total Joke,taking the piss is all :D

EDIT: more to take the mickey over boasting about beating a levin than buying a BMW,it's a smashing car he got.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Lolvin.

:pac:

dar83 wrote: »
    Lolvin.

:pac:

Pleasure to meet you yesterday Dar.the ST is class.I think i'm going to try plastidip on the lower bumper insert on mine now,it's a bit grey and doesn't match the black grille.

• Advertisement

Yeah was good to chat to ya. Love those alloys on the S3, tempted to go anthracite on my alloy refurb. :)

PlastiDip is very handy for those things and completely reversible if you don't like it.

Yeah was good to chat to ya. Love those alloys on the S3, tempted to go anthracite on my alloy refurb. :)

PlastiDip is very handy for those things and completely reversible if you don't like it.

Yeah i think i'll try it when the weather improves.

Yeah you're better off. PlastiDip doesn't like the damp, needs to be dry when you're doing it. It's also important to heat it a bit before using it and also to shake it for at least the minute they recommend, if not some more to be sure, to give you a nice even spray. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Here is the Yaris, I got 80.3 mpg yesterday on a 30 minutes trip. :) I will put up more pics up in the other threads.

Photo0418_zpsaa6864cd.jpg?t=1365944955
    Photo0400_zpsa23afa56.jpg?t=1365944616
    Photo0411_zps6a9e8690.jpg?t=1365944918

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

80.3!?! :eek:

LOL! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

And here I was thinking 44mpgs for my diesel jalopy was fantastic.....!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

80.3, really?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

80.3, really?

Downhill with the wind behind him!

80.3, really?
    dgt wrote: »
    And here I was thinking 44mpgs for my diesel jalopy was fantastic.....!
    MCMLXXV wrote: »

Honest to god, I got an average of 80.3mpg. :)

Ye might not believe me, but sure not much I can do.

Honest to god, I got an average of 80.3mpg. :)

Ye might not believe me, but sure not much I can do.

Did you brim the tank, do 100 miles and refil it or just use the onboard display?

• Advertisement

Did you brim the tank, do 100 miles and refil it or just use the onboard display?

Just the trip computer, I usually get between 50-60mpg on a trip so this was strange. But not a bad thing. :)

Or incorrect maths. :p

Just the trip computer, I usually get between 50-60mpg on a trip so this was strange. But not a bad thing. :)

My advice here would be to brim the tank, do 100 miles and fill it again. Then see what you got :)

Sure years ago the econometer in my E34 was saying I was getting over 100mpgs..... As I was going downhill :p

Well, it seems dead on usally, given 50 - 60, but yesterday I got 80.3.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Id say 80.3 instantanaeous, not average. Mid 40's would be a good real world average on a yaris.

You can prove it very easily by taking a photo of the trip computer :)

Id say 80.3 instantanaeous, not average. Mid 40's would be a good real world average on a yaris.

You can prove it very easily by taking a photo of the trip computer :)

Oh, not a bad idea.

Photo0397_zps5c1858d5.jpg?t=1365947981
    Or incorrect maths. :p
    Downhill with the wind behind him!

80.3, really?

;)

Oh the "AV." stands for Average. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

The only way you got 80mpg is if you drove to the top of a steep mountain then rolled all the way down.

The only way you got 80mpg is if you drove to the top of a steep mountain then rolled all the way down.

LOL :D

Right.. Let's agree to disagree. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

The most I've gotten from my Yaris is 5 ish Litres/100km. Usually I get around 6l/100 "cruising" at 100-110km/h.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement