Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

My average l/100km dithers between 7.2 and 7.4, depending on the day.

It's a 1.5 turbodiesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Lads, I don't know why you don't believe that he got 80.3 from the Yaris. I'm getting 63.7 mpg from the 335 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

I got 2 points a few weeks ago and i'm now on 6 points,been driving on cruise control since - yesterday my average MPG went above 26 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

I'd believe the 80.3 mpg. If you reset the average trip and drive along at 70-80 kmh for a while on a quiet road you'd get that figure. If my focus is warm and I'm driving along at 70-80 kmh and reset the trip it'll give a figure of 3.2l ish per 100 km and that figure could stay like that for miles until I have to stop at lights etc and take off it will gradually crawl upto to 5.3l per 100km and that's what it stays at. I checked it a few times off the pumps and I get 5.3-5.4 l per 100km briming it and refilling it. Just shows how accurate the trip computers can be. And its even better on fuel slightly than my 1.3 astra. But at the end of the day the yaris isn't doing 80.3 mpg over a whole tank of fuel probably 50 mpg at most which is still very good.

Toyota have them down as 55mpg extra urban, 80 average on the display is conceptually realistic under various conditions. On a 30 mins trip I'd struggle to imagine the display is remotely accurate, the usual 50 to 60 mpg indication would suggest that it's a wildly optimistic reading :)

Bpmull wrote: »
    I'd believe the 80.3 mpg. ........

I still struggle to imagine how ye used to get 35mpg from a diesel Cherokee :)

• Advertisement

RoverJames wrote: »
    Toyota have them down as 55mpg extra urban, 80 average on the display is conceptually realistic under various conditions. On a 30 mins trip I'd struggle to imagine the display is remotely accurate, the usual 50 to 60 mpg indication would suggest that it's a wildly optimistic reading :)

I still struggle to imagine how ye used to get 35mpg from a diesel Cherokee :)

What I meant was I'd believe that the display would show 80 mpg if you reset it when the car was warm on a quiet road at a continous speed of 80kmh or so. The minute you would slow down and speed up again that would be out the window. I'm not saying a yaris would actually do anywhere near 80mpg in a full tank. As for the Cherokee we got 32-35 mpg out of ours checking it through briming the tank and then drive and refill it the usual method. But then that jeep only got long drives. It never really done much short trips stop start trafic as we had a Santa Fe for tipping around town that done 28 mpg. Do you do much long drives or is it all town driving I can imagine they would be thirsty then. Another thing is driving in cork and driving in Kilkenny are 2 different things in the fact that there is practically no trafic in Kilkenny relative to cork. From going to college in Ucc the level of trafic shock me as I'm just not use to it in Kilkenny. I suppose outside cork city mightn't be as bad. You should come come to kilenny for a day you'd think there is no cars on the road even at rush hour peak times there is very few trafic jams. What are you getting out of the Cherokee mpg wise surly it can't be that bad ?

Bpmull wrote: »
    ............ What are you getting out of the Cherokee mpg wise surly it can't be that bad ?

23mpg average :)

Most of my runs are 12/15 mile spins with little enough traffic. I'd do one or two short spins a day too.

Pretty much what I expected, if I ran it on short trips only (a mile or two) around Cork City I'd expect 15mpg at best.

Official figures are...
    Fuel consumption (urban) 21.6 mpg
    Fuel consumption (extra urban) 32.8 mpg
    Fuel consumption (combined) 27.7 mpg

I rarely get close to official figures.

My Yaris comments weren't at all in your direction and are in total agreement with that you said.

I've been in Kilkenny once or thrice, when I was a rep covering Munster I also had Kilkenny and Wexford for some strange non nonsensical reason.

RoverJames wrote: »
    23mpg average :)

Most of my runs are 12/15 mile spins with little enough traffic. I'd do one or two short spins a day too.

Pretty much what I expected, if I ran it on short trips only (a mile or two) around Cork City I'd expect 15mpg at best.

I've been in Kilkenny once or thrice, when I was a rep covering Munster I also had Kilkenny and Wexford for some strange non nonsensical reason.

Most of the time my dad drove his 100-200 km per day around from building site to site but most of the trips where quiet motorway main roads as most of the time he was in kilkenny wexford Wicklow Carlow waterford. He only really done work in cork after he sold it in more recent years. Next time you take yours on a long trip see how it does. I do remember when the jeep was only a few months old the light came on and dad put 20 euro in it. Then my uncle and me went for a drive in it and is not a slow driver. So we were driving it hard and it burned through the 20 euro in a ridiculous short time and this was when 20 euro of diesel was actually a good few litres. Still after all the jeeps and cars bought and sold over the years. That Cherokee is the one that my dad misses the most he really regretted selling it but was downsizing at the time and unfortunately it had to go. I personally really like them too. We had great trips all around the country in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The trip comp on my missuss yaris is all over the place too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

@ RoverJames & Bpmull - Ya, what happened on my drive was I knoced off the car for a break, then when I went back driving I looked at it and it displayed 80.3mpg. I was half thinking it was to good to be true though. The journey was on back roads, where I'd be doing about 40 -50km/h ish. So I presume this helped as well. Anyway, thanks for clearing that up lads. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I looked at it and it displayed 80.3mpg.

Get the codes read :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

MugMugs wrote: »
    Get the codes read :D

Well this morning, I got an average of 50.2 mpg. So I think everything is back to normal. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Well this morning, I got an average of 50.2 mpg. So I think everything is back to normal. :D

That sounds more like it!

55 fooken euro for the bloody compulsory NCT :mad:

Pass?

Pass?

Are you holding down F5 or what? :pac:

Nah, have it tomorrow, the last time I did an NCT it was 50 quid.

Bored silly. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Nah, have it tomorrow, the last time I did an NCT it was 50 quid.

I have to to be paid for easter eggs and holiers etc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

good value

rocky wrote: »
    good value

Good joke :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Good joke :D

I suppose they don't detect rattly wastegates... :pac:

rocky wrote: »
    I suppose they don't detect rattly wastegates... :pac:

Ah leave him alone, sure he has a rattly wastegate just like my Pug :D

dgt wrote: »
    Ah leave him alone, sure he has a rattly wastegate just like my Pug :D

And so the 335 is compared to the 407..... :D

And so the 335 is compared to the 407..... :D

I don't have a 407! :p

Its 87.16 euro for a doe every year:( So nct is cheap compared to it. Still be is easier to pass a doe I suppose that is the benefit. I'm sure the BMW will have no problems passing tomorrow.

The f*cking rain just couldn't stay away :mad:

Anybody got that link to check if a car is taxed handy?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Noooooooooooo..!
    Too big

Are there smaller ones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

No way dude - you'll turn it in to a scroatemobile. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement