Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

em, not that I know of vec

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I reckon you'd scrape the shite out of them in no time anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Mr_Plow.gif

even on a black car no?http://bmw-stuff.bazzi.biz/328ci/aussen_versieg1.jpg

was just reading a build thread on another forum and looked them up :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Kerbs will say hello in no time..... Personally I think they're a bit on the large side for this country!

I'm probably no person to talk though, I often scraped the bumpers off when lowering some cars.... :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

The are borderline 'felt i wouldn't be into them personally.

Ill stay away so, ive already bought too much this week :o

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

tossy wrote: »
    They are well 'felt

FYP. ;)

i reckon these http://shop.lightwerkz.net/Complete-Morimoto-E46-H1-Bixenon-Conversion-Kit-DIY
    spacers, eibach springs and that will be my lot for the car!

i reckon these http://shop.lightwerkz.net/Complete-Morimoto-E46-H1-Bixenon-Conversion-Kit-DIY
    spacers, eibach springs and that will be my lot for the car!

That's what they all say...

• Advertisement

You getting your spacers from Alloywheels.ie ?

That's what they all say...

rear leds, boot lip, projectors, angel eyes, lowered, spaced, paint corrected....thats enough! for major things anyway, there will always be small bits :)
    You getting your spacers from Alloywheels.ie ?

Nope, ebay.de

Prices look pretty good on ebay.de 175 euros for 4x 20mm, my german kinda sucks though :(

Walked in a hape of dayyysel and tramped it all over the house. Bollox :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

even on a black car no?http://bmw-stuff.bazzi.biz/328ci/aussen_versieg1.jpg

was just reading a build thread on another forum and looked them up :o

I like it, man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

CianRyan wrote: »
    I like it, man.

I agree, it gives it an edge without being over the top.

Trust the Japanese fans to be into outlandish kits. :p

Trust the Japanese fans to be into outlandish kits. :p

At least 1 in Ireland...
    8a1ebc3c.jpg?w=655&h=491

I like it, man.

Ya know what, I partly guessed you'd be one of the minority that would :)

Ya know what, I partly guessed you'd be one of the minority that would :)

I don't think they look bad actually. Look better on the black car you posted.

If you end up lowering it further, you will be scraping them along the road imo. Mine is low enough with an M front bumper. Adding those bits would be too much, just from a functional point of view.

You'll have her looking unreal man :cool:.

Quick question, motor tax is up this month, potentially heading away for 2 months from June to August, so debating whether to tax her. Is it still possible to take it off the road, or has all that been changed recently?

• Advertisement

They don't look so obvious in black I don't think. If they scrape I don't mind, they're cheap anyway :)

If it looks like it belongs on a race car, I'm all over it. :p

I'm just thinking, do I buy everything I want now and get the car looking how I want ASAP, or wait and buy bit by bit. Think the former is winning

I'm just thinking, do I buy everything I want now and get the car looking how I want ASAP, or wait and buy bit by bit. Think the former is winning

It makes sense to spread it out over time so you can enjoy the process but I know what it's like when you have money burning a hole in your pocket.

What are you doing suspension wise?
    That an an exhaust would be the first on my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Obviously you do it bit by bit as your tastes might change (we can only hope! ;) ) and you need to leave funds for maintenance/emergencies and perhaps more technical/useful mods than aesthetics.

What wouldn't you do Matt out of interest? Or what would you do i should say?Funds aren't a problem so it's hard not to blow lots of money from the off .

Don't want an exhaust really Cian I think it sounds lovely as is. :)
    Lowering it on sportlines and 10mm spacers up front and 15/20mm rear, depending on how long my arch rolling buddy takes to finish college :pac:

Ah man, low and loud. Let that straight 6 breath! :D

That's the beauty of modifying cars though I guess, we'll always have a great variety in tastes and cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

well that was embarrassing:o, on my way home from work, totally empty roads and coming up to the 60 zone so went for a spirited drive, not fast, keeping to the limit but still I was enjoying the difference in the civic with its softer suspension compared to the FTO and I know where all the pot holes are so knew where to swerve.... unfortunately the car that was driving fast behind me turned on its blues, undercover unit, "Where you drinking tonight sir? because you where all over the road back there. The other guard opened the passenger door to have a look around the car. They were sound anyway, just told me to drive safe.

Guess I will have to drive in a less than interesting manner from now on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Think I've figured what car I want to get next... :o

Merc C124

DSC02644.jpg

That one's a 320 but there's no way I could afford to tax that. I'd probably go for a 220 or 200.

• Advertisement

well that was embarrassing:o, on my way home from work, totally empty roads and coming up to the 60 zone so went for a spirited drive, not fast, keeping to the limit but still I was enjoying the difference in the civic with its softer suspension compared to the FTO and I know where all the pot holes are so knew where to swerve.... unfortunately the car that was driving fast behind me turned on its blues, undercover unit, "Where you drinking tonight sir? because you where all over the road back there. The other guard opened the passenger door to have a look around the car. They were sound anyway, just told me to drive safe.

Guess I will have to drive in a less than interesting manner from now on.

Hahaha, I can only imagine.
    Once there's no one around I'm all over the place on Bird Avenue up by UCD, the place is bloody riddled.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement