Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

What wouldn't you do Matt out of interest? Or what would you do i should say?Funds aren't a problem so it's hard not to blow lots of money from the off .

Don't want an exhaust really Cian I think it sounds lovely as is. :)
    Lowering it on sportlines and 10mm spacers up front and 15/20mm rear, depending on how long my arch rolling buddy takes to finish college :pac:
    Well I took a set of those lower side splitter things off my brothers M3 once I convinced him how naff they looked.. more so on an M3. They also catch kerbs and ramps like no business.

I do lots of mods and $hit purists hate, but things I would do:

- Coilovers
    - Spacers and/or wider (within reason) wheels
    - Exhaust but maybe just remove a resonator and keep it "stock plus"
    - Better Air Filter (of the panel type, not the CAI type)
    - Something subtle'ish externally
    - Depending on your exact engine, there are very good BHP gains by changing the entire intake with another models along with a tune.
    - Latest BMW 16:9 headunit inside if you dont have it already

And if any money left.. car tax I guess. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

That's almost what I have planned though :pac:
    The splitters aren't costly so I might try em and sell em on at a loss but that will be long in the future.
    I don't want a crap pair of fk coilovers but don't want to spend as much as a set of BC. So sportlines with aye koni shocks will be it.
    Can you recommend a panel filter Matt? Never thought there was any point?
    I thought about the nav unit install but the money it costs is ridiculous. Was talking to rebel.ranter and he says it's just not worth it. I like my tape player look anyway :D

It's an m54 man

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The splitters aren't costly so I might try em and sell em on at a loss but that will be long in the future.
    I don't want a crap pair of fk coilovers but don't want to spend as much as a set of BC. So sportlines with aye koni shocks will be it.
    I thought about the nav unit install but the money it costs is ridiculous. Was talking to rebel.ranter and he says it's just not worth it. I like my tape player look anyway :D

Yeah the nav unit is definitely not worth it. It's a heap of crap compared to modern stuff. Lookup the guys who have mounted tablets into the dash. Looks OEM, but you have a fully fledged android tablet behind it. Cheaper than most other options. But it's a bit of a botch.

I've been talking to Owen already about a galaxy tab 2 install ;):)

I've been talking to Owen already about a galaxy tab 2 install ;):)

Wait 'til I get a job that pays more than a tenner an hour! I'd love to have the cash reserves you have! :pac:

• Advertisement

But I get a tenner an hour :pac:
    I just save like a bitch, there's a lot to be said for not smoking and not clubbing much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

It's an m54 man

I like FK Coilovers, but yes if you have the $$ then Koni's or KW would be nicer. Infact the KW V2s on my brothers M3 are the most impressive coilovers Ive driven on (but the FKs are the better value :p).

Panel filter - Im partial to K&N panel filters, good quality and specific and tested applications/parts database. Not that expensive and dont mind the crybabies worried about MAF failures. Mild throttle and engine (not exhaust) noise change, both for the better. Given the price of some of your parts (and the dubious benefit), this is a no brainer for you! If you want to seriously drop some $$ on filters and bling up engine bay, look up GruppeM intakes.

On the newer BMW 16:9 HU.. installed with ipod connection and later maps, it looks fantastic. Tablets in place or those woeful looking Dynavin units just destroy such a nice interior. Again, brother did this already. Price.. less than a Dynavin and 10x the build quality, I dont see the problem. Ebay it used.
    Maybe you should have just bought his M3? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I went out on Friday and was astounded that I managed to spend €30, all I had was a hang over. :/
    Don't do it much but I can't say I didn't have a laugh.

A lad left Woodies in Tallaght and I got a CV in early, fingers crossed!

Woodies wouldn't be bad, I worked in Atlantic homecare years ago one summer, the days used to fly in there :) best of luck with it.

Matt Simis wrote: »
    I like FK Coilovers, but yes if you have the $$ then Koni's or KW would be nicer. Infact the KW V2s on my brothers M3 are the most impressive coilovers Ive driven on (but the FKs are the better value :p).

Panel filter - Im partial to K&N panel filters, good quality and specific and tested applications/parts database. Not that expensive and dont mind the crybabies worried about MAF failures. Mild throttle and engine (not exhaust) noise change, both for the better. Given the price of some of your parts (and the dubious benefit), this is a no brainer for you! If you want to seriously drop some $$ on filters and bling up engine bay, look up GruppeM intakes.

On the newer BMW 16:9 HU.. installed with ipod connection and later maps, it looks fantastic. Tablets in place or those woeful looking Dynavin units just destroy such a nice interior. Again, brother did this already. Price.. less than a Dynavin and 10x the build quality, I dont see the problem. Ebay it used.
    Maybe you should have just bought his M3? :D
    fks are generally seen as poor quality though? well I know there are 3 types and the lowest quality are fk street coilovers, maybe the highest quality ones are expensive too.
    Ill give those parts a research, i research the fook out fo everything anyway :D
    my parts arent that expensive.
    rear lights 100e done
    spacers all round with extended bolts 100e bidding
    eibachs 100e bidding
    arches rolled 80e
    splitters 40e
    boot lip 45e done
    lamin-x 18e done
    morimoto project/hid kit is expensive at 250e
    and various other bits done/ordered

• Advertisement

Was thinking about getting a pipercross panel filter myself. Not really into the idea of these cold air intakes...even when done properly.

Had s K&N panelfilter in the ZT, nice little enhancement to the aural delight of the KV6.

How you find your cup kit Al?

How you find your cup kit Al?

Love it. But its hard for me to judge seeing that I've always had it. Maybe if I had it standard before and then upgraded I would be able to give you a better idea of the improvement.

True that. Seems to be a good kit. Think if I find a cheap pair of Sportlines on ebay.de they'll win me over though. cheapest cup kit is 460e del. :(

also, do ye think eibach springs would be the same for all e46 models? like 318ci would use the same as a 6cyl version? seems to be conflicting findings online

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Sitting on Sandymount Strand enjoying the fresh breeze. Twat rolls up in A3 and parks but does not turn off the engine. Sounds like a tractor on a high idle. No other car still turned; he's there 12 minutes now. Tax is out on the car; obviously he can afford to waste diesel but not meet his obligations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I sold my first car back in 2009 to a member of the "people that like to travel around";) when it came time to fill in the log book the guy said he could not write so I said I would fill in his details and he just needed to sign, it was just to be on the safe side because if the car was used illegally I didn't want it to come back on me. Anyway back to a few days ago and I was going trough some documents I keep in a big metal box looking for the FTO logbook and what did I find....the log book from the car I sold in 2009:eek: somehow I had not sent it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Chris ya big scammer !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

the log book from the car I sold in 2009:eek: somehow I had not sent it.

Surely he has changed it over then.

Would you not have received the Motor Tax renewal / NCT reminders etc if he didn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I sent it in anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

Marcusm wrote: »
    Sitting on Sandymount Strand enjoying the fresh breeze. Twat rolls up in A3 and parks but does not turn off the engine. Sounds like a tractor on a high idle. No other car still turned; he's there 12 minutes now. Tax is out on the car; obviously he can afford to waste diesel but not meet his obligations.

Many diesel drivers are unable to turn their engines off and there are as many explanations for this as there are drivers with this disability:
    • It's an inherited condition - me farder always ran d'injin so O'ill run d'injin;
    • Turning the key anti-clockwise after your driving test gets an instant failure;
    • High cumprishon injin - extra wear on schtarter mohor;
    • Deh Mammy said t'is unlucky / a sin to sit in a cyar without d'injin running;
    • Shur Oi never turn the tractor off aider;
    • T'is feirce cowld and Oi'd catch me det without the hater runnin';
    • O'im listening to Joe on deh wireless so Oi need d'injin runnin' to keep deh battery full;
    • Shur dayzil is cheap, 'specially the schtuff Oi use, etc.
    There is a business opportunity here - Diesel Engine Start and Stop 101 classes. Feel free, you're welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

BrensBenz wrote: »
    Many diesel drivers are unable to turn their engines off and there are as many explanations for this as there are drivers with this disability:
    • It's an inherited condition - me farder always ran d'injin so O'ill run d'injin;
    • Turning the key anti-clockwise after your driving test gets an instant failure;
    • High cumprishon injin - extra wear on schtarter mohor;
    • Deh Mammy said t'is unlucky / a sin to sit in a cyar without d'injin running;
    • Shur Oi never turn the tractor off aider;
    • T'is feirce cowld and Oi'd catch me det without the hater runnin';
    • O'im listening to Joe on deh wireless so Oi need d'injin runnin' to keep deh battery full;
    • Shur dayzil is cheap, 'specially the schtuff Oi use, etc.
    There is a business opportunity here - Diesel Engine Start and Stop 101 classes. Feel free, you're welcome.

Dafuq?

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Dafuq?

Farmers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

CianRyan wrote: »
    Farmers.

Sounds like a weird man from Cornwall trying to speak after a few smokes of the good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

happy to be back posting again, I got way too much study done when I was gone! Spent the last few days polishing and waxing the 156, 159 and Spider. Will post pictures later...:)

166man wrote: »
    happy to be back posting again, I got way too much study done when I was gone! Spent the last few days polishing and waxing the 156, 159 and Spider. Will post pictures later...:)

HORRAY!
    There just haven't been enough Alfas around here without you, man.

Lets keep it between the ditches this time. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

I need the proper bosch triangle socket. Its about £40 :eek:

I suppose I could try grinding down that crappy socket again....

OSI wrote: »
    Durrrttty.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

CianRyan wrote: »
    HORRAY!
    There just haven't been enough Alfas around here without you, man.

Lets keep it between the ditches this time. :p

Cheers man, it's good to be back alright. I did a bit of sneaking offline and I do concur, there was a shortage of Alfa's posted although dgt did us proud with his bangernomics contributions! I'll try rectify it..

imag0233sn.jpg

imag0234br.jpg

My own yoke here, I absolutely love both of these photos. They were only taken on a phone but came out really well. This was after a detar, clay polish and wax X2.

imag0238f.jpg

Dad's 159 after the same treatment. It spends much of it's time around building sites so it's rarely this clean. It comes up reasonable well I think. Lovely motor and no problems with is amazingly enough. Not one thing has broken on it so far.

imag0231jb.jpg

Mum's car after the same treatment ( you can all see I was very busy while I was gone :D). I think it looks great tbh. :)

Enjoy folks and cheers for welcoming me back!

Oh and for those of you who love a bit of beading, I'm looking at you Bubble Wrap ;) here!

imag0240om.jpg

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

166man wrote: »
    Oh and for those of you who love a bit of beading, I'm looking at you Bubble Wrap ;) here!

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/5255/imag0240om.jpg

:D

Super job dude and good to have you back. That is indeed some biblical beading there, I'm just not great with this beading jazz though. :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement