Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

BrensBenz wrote: »
    Many diesel drivers are unable to turn their engines off and there are as many explanations for this as there are drivers with this disability:
    • It's an inherited condition - me farder always ran d'injin so O'ill run d'injin;
    • Turning the key anti-clockwise after your driving test gets an instant failure;
    • High cumprishon injin - extra wear on schtarter mohor;
    • Deh Mammy said t'is unlucky / a sin to sit in a cyar without d'injin running;
    • Shur Oi never turn the tractor off aider;
    • T'is feirce cowld and Oi'd catch me det without the hater runnin';
    • O'im listening to Joe on deh wireless so Oi need d'injin runnin' to keep deh battery full;
    • Shur dayzil is cheap, 'specially the schtuff Oi use, etc.
    There is a business opportunity here - Diesel Engine Start and Stop 101 classes. Feel free, you're welcome.

It's obviously not my day; less than an hour after my initial post I parked in a gym car park to pick up a friend for some food. Had a few minutes to spare so sat there reading, next thing the car shakes and I'm think, what dafuq I've been hit by a car trying to drive into the next parking space. Large scrapes on plastic bumpers on both cars and massive apologies from the other driver who decides to spend the next 20 minutes on the phone to her insurance company whereas all I wanted was her name and address. I'm over from the UK for the week and the prospect of me satisfying the requirements of her insurance company are quite low. Since then I've got a quote which is below her excess. I wonder will that call cost her much, she will not make a claim so can't lose her NCB but she has made a big deal about opening up an incident with them which should, if proper procedures are followed, result in a reappraisal of her risk status and an upgrading of her pre discount premium for next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Ugh that sucks marc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

166man wrote: »
    Cheers man, it's good to be back alright. I did a bit of sneaking offline and I do concur, there was a shortage of Alfa's posted although dgt did us proud with his bangernomics contributions! I'll try rectify it..

My own yoke here, I absolutely love both of these photos. They were only taken on a phone but came out really well. This was after a detar, clay polish and wax.
    Dad's 159 after the same treatment. It spends much of it's time around building sites so it's rarely this clean. It comes up reasonable well I think. Lovely motor and no problems with is amazingly enough. Not one thing has broken on it so far.

Mum's car after the same treatment ( you can all see I was very busy while I was gone :D). I think it looks great tbh. :)

Enjoy folks and cheers for welcoming me back!

Oh and for those of you who love a bit of beading, I'm looking at you Bubble Wrap ;)

:D

Hmmmmmm, I've a black alfa thats in dire need of a polish, wonder where I could send it?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Marcusm wrote: »
    It's obviously not my day; less than an hour after my initial post I parked in a gym car park to pick up a friend for some food. Had a few minutes to spare so sat there reading, next thing the car shakes and I'm think, what dafuq I've been hit by a car trying to drive into the next parking space. Large scrapes on plastic bumpers on both cars and massive apologies from the other driver who decides to spend the next 20 minutes on the phone to her insurance company whereas all I wanted was her name and address. I'm over from the UK for the week and the prospect of me satisfying the requirements of her insurance company are quite low. Since then I've got a quote which is below her excess. I wonder will that call cost her much, she will not make a claim so can't lose her NCB but she has made a big deal about opening up an incident with them which should, if proper procedures are followed, result in a reappraisal of her risk status and an upgrading of her pre discount premium for next year!

If she doesn't claim theirs no risk. In saying that there's no third party excess either so it's not below her excess as her excess for your claim is nil

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

The BM passed the NCT today :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Can anybody recommend a decent tint for fogs? Yellow tint, going to give this a rip instead of trying to paint the inside, too much effort!

Strongly thinking of tinting the windows on the 406 too.... A nice legal tint, not limo like the E34 was :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Got a delivery date for my new car today of 2-3 weeks. Was due next week but guessed it would be a little later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Getting my windscreen fixed tomorrow. Autoglass are coming out the house at 9 to do it. I'm surprised they offered to come out to fit it I thought id have to go into their base. Although I kind of needed the car tomorrow but dad was saying you can't drive it for most of the day after. Does it really take that long to set?

What level of tinting is legal on front side windows in Ireland lads ?

Would 20% tint work or does anyone have experience of this, also im guessing 50-60% is fine on the 3 back windows

I don't think it matters on the rear windows but the windscreen can't be tinted at all AFAIK and the front side windows is about 20% I think.

• Advertisement

Oh i know the actual windscreen is a no go, but a 15-20% tint to the front sides is what im after at some stage, just curious

I know the look you're going for and I have to say, I like it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Bpmull wrote: »
    Getting my windscreen fixed tomorrow. Autoglass are coming out the house at 9 to do it. I'm surprised they offered to come out to fit it I thought id have to go into their base. Although I kind of needed the car tomorrow but dad was saying you can't drive it for most of the day after. Does it really take that long to set?

That used to be the case but you should be good to go an hour after they arrive

I know the look you're going for and I have to say, I like it :D

Shhhhhhh :p

07082010pink.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Back from work, the rear LEDs had arrived, just fitted them, god they're so pretty :o

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Back from work, the rear LEDs had arrived, just fitted them, god they're so pretty :o

What was fitting them like? Difficult?

I got home at half 8, I have fitted them and finished my dinner since, so no :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Pics?

Gimme a few mins just tidying up

Gimme a few mins just tidying up

Before and After please! ;)

• Advertisement

Im sure youll understand its pretty hard to get a good picture!

Before:
    480020_556882887675742_1733913754_n.jpg

488241_553659681331396_1577230746_n.jpg

Afta:
    _MG_7680.jpg

_MG_7679.jpg

_MG_7672.jpg

_MG_7670.jpg

_MG_7663.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Nice.

The bulb warnings are from me messing around today not from the lights just inc ase youre wondering Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Looks seriously well. Very nice mod IMO, I'm liking the alcantara interior too I'd say they're wicked comfortable.

Love the interior! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Lights look lovely on it. well wear

Thanks lads. I always said if i ever got a 325, leather=first mod! but the alcantara is just way nicer for me. uber comfortable.
    When Ive every mod done Ill post up proper pics :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Lights look sweet. Makes a big difference.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Lights look savage steve, Have been on my todo list a long time now :(

Next payday maybe possibly...

• Advertisement

conzy wrote: »
    Lights look savage steve, Have been on my todo list a long time now :(

Next payday maybe possibly...

Be the jumpin' jaysus in a potato sack race.... HE LIVES!!!!!!! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement