Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

RoverJames wrote: »
    High HC, unburnt fuel being detected or the car is burning oil :)
    I'd be slow to take the risk it's a fuel issue (easy to fix relative to an oil burning issue).

what are yhe ways of finding out what is causing it or is it expensive ?

or is it worth it for a 99 car 1.3 petrol ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

What has "turtle wax" got to do with headlight tint film?? :confused:

Without having used the stuff yourself, you proclaimed that it's better quality based solely on the fact that the seller's products are normally good. That doesn't make a pick of difference.

That's what turtle wax has to do with it. A lot of their stuff is crap compared to high end stuff yet my supplier sells both. Just because he sells the high end stuff doesn't make the turtle wax stuff good at all.

what are yhe ways of finding out what is causing it or is it expensive ?

or is it worth it for a 99 car 1.3 petrol ?

Not worth the bother imo, just find a similar yoke with clean emissions :)
    That's what turtle wax has to do with it. A lot of their stuff is crap compared to high end stuff yet my supplier sells both. Just because he sells the high end stuff doesn't make the turtle wax stuff good at all.

But the turtle wax will do as intended, sweet feck all or close to it.

I think it's fairly clear bubblewrap was pointing out that a reputable supplier won't sell window tint that would be known to bubble, peel etc etc etc. The tint they'd stock would quite likely be grand stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

The only place to go for very good tinting is...

www.lamin-x.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Just used that yday for my lights dar and it is very good alright, thick stuff though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Who is our resident BMW expert?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Just used that yday for my lights dar and it is very good alright, thick stuff though!

It's thick for a reason it's designed as a protection film the tint is only a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

The place I get the high-end detailing products I use also sells turtle wax crap...

Not all turtle wax is crap IMO. I use and have been using their Wet 'N Black tyre shine for the last few months and find it to be excellent stuff.

turtle_tyrewheel__22897_zoom.jpg

It's currently on offer in Halfords at 3 for €14 so I will probably run up and get some this evening. For under €5 a bottle it's great stuff and I find it is easily better than the Autoglym Tyre dressing.

Much of their stuff is crap though...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Cheers for the recommendations :)

I'll keep a look out on my travels, failing that I'll get lamin-x from online :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

166man wrote: »
    Not all turtle wax is crap IMO. I use and have been using their Wet 'N Black tyre shine for the last few months and find it to be excellent

I find this very good too. Easy to use really brings up the tyres well. Also a bottle lasts a good while if your only using it on one car. I'm nearly out of it is the offer on in halfords for much longer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

CM also just posted about being happy with turtle wax wheel cleaner. Take that, MM!

Not all turtle wax is crap IMO. I use and have been using their Wet 'N Black tyre shine for the last few months and find it to be excellent stuff.

Must get you to try the Tango next time you're up at the madhouse.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

dgt wrote: »

Are ye askin?

tango2men.jpg

rocky wrote: »
    Are ye askin?

tango2men.jpg

It takes 2 to tango you know :pac:

I use and have been using their Wet 'N Black tyre shine for the last few months and find it to be excellent stuff.

I used that years ago and I found that it ran like a mofo. After the first spin, it would leave marks all over the alloys and bodywork. The Wet N'Black in the aerosol is a lot better.
    CianRyan wrote: »
    CM also just posted about being happy with turtle wax wheel cleaner. Take that, MM!

And you think that what CM says about something means anything??? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I used that years ago and I found that it ran like a mofo. After the first spin, it would leave marks all over the alloys and bodywork. The Wet N'Black in the aerosol is a lot better.

Seems like no matter what you use, you end up getting it all over the paintwork... :pac: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

My Fathers operation was a success, he's stable in ICU.
    Thanks for the good wishes guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

dgt wrote: »

I must try the Tango, the chemical that is, not quite sure what yourself and Barura get up to when I ain't around...:D

I'm just going from personal experience. It goes on so easily and no mess, I don't notice it on my body work because I ain't got OCD for my car...;):pac:
    pred racer wrote: »
    My Fathers operation was a success, he's stable in ICU.
    Thanks for the good wishes guys!

Always great news Pred, happy to hear it, I'm sure we all wish him the best and quickest recovery. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

What wax do you guys recommend for using on your cars??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Oh god don't ask that question! You'll get so many answers :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Oh god don't ask that question! You'll get so many answers :D

But thats what i want ;)

............... I ain't got OCD for my car...;):pac:

How did the NCT retest go?

Autosport wrote: »
    What wax do you guys recommend for using on your cars??

For durability, shine, ease of use and total satisfaction, go for Collinite 476S.

Remember that if you take the necessary steps beforehand i.e. washing, claying, washing, detarring, washing then waxing, you will give the wax the best chance to bond to the paintwork and help it work as it should :)

That's possibly overkill for you depending on how well you take care of your car but that's the proper way to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Hmm off till saturday, do i finally get off my arse and paint my brake calipers or not

Hmm off till saturday, do i finally get off my arse and paint my brake calipers or not

Do. The satisfaction of looking at them all painted and lovely behind the wheels is immense :D

What are you using for the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Wire brush small paint brush basin of fairy liquid and water and halfords pot of brake caliper paint i guess, they been in the shed for ages, also got some decals for the calipers but i ordered the wrong colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Thinking of doing that myself, never before have dirty brake callipers annoyed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Careful out driving tonight, lads. Lots of cars wobbling between lanes in that wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Dgt, lots of fiat tempra action on rte1 now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

CianRyan wrote: »
    Careful out driving tonight, lads. Lots of cars wobbling between lanes in that wind.

Had to bring a crew cab Renault master up the M1. Not a pleasant drive at all!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement