Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Sorry in advance for the bad picture but only had my phone with me. I noticed this when driving today and pulled in to get a picture all the ones :D

image-1_zps07af471f.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Full fuel tank.... Fancy nancy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I'd be more concerned about the dodgy external temperature sensor...

Unless the West is being graced with the sort of weather the rest of us haven't seen in a few years! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

dgt wrote: »
    Full fuel tank.... Fancy nancy :pac:

Must be like me. I put 40 litres in every 2.5 weeks, rather than regular little fillups. When that 40 is burned (according to the car), it gets replaced. There's always at minimum 20 L in the tank for emergencies.

It's not really that unusual. It's just a different filling schedule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Dartz wrote: »
    Must be like me. I put 40 litres in every 2.5 weeks, rather than regular little fillups. When that 40 is burned (according to the car), it gets replaced. There's always at minimum 20 L in the tank for emergencies.

Snap!

I usually calculate what I need for the week, usually around 30 litres. When this is used there is still 20 litres in the tank if I miscalculate :)

Either way, much more sense than "I topped up €20 how far will I go" nonsense :rolleyes:
    dar83 wrote: »
    Unless the West is being graced with the sort of weather the rest of us haven't seen in a few years! :pac:

There's a Kilkenny in the wesht? :pac:

• Advertisement

dar83 wrote: »
    I'd be more concerned about the dodgy external temperature sensor...

No your right the outside temperature gauge is fcuked it reads between 22-34 degree c all the time. I haven't got around to put in a new one yet hopefully in the next few weeks. It's a lovely day here but not that warm.

dgt wrote: »
    Snap!

I usually calculate what I need for the week, usually around 30 litres. When this is used there is still 20 litres in the tank if I miscalculate :)

Either way, much more sense than "I topped up €20 how far will I go" nonsense
    I normally try and keep a good bit of diesel in the tank. It's just less painful when you have to fill up. Normally when it gets to about 1/4 tank I just fill up. Although this morning there was hardly any fuel in it before I filled up. I hate this driving around on the fuel light thing all the time there enough to go wrong with a car without risking running out of fuel. The odd time ill stick 20 euro in it if I know I'm not going far that week but 9 times out of 10 I just fill up plus there is no petrol stations really near to me closest one is 10 miles away which is still not to far. I noticed this morning diesel has come down a good bit I paid 1.469 in a branded place which is low for Kilkenny anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I just fill it up when it gets half down. I hate having less then half a tank in my car. As you said, it's always good to have extra just for emergencies alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

Bpmull wrote: »
    ........ I noticed this morning diesel has come down a good bit I paid 1.469 in a branded place which is low for Kilkenny anyway.

I'm guessing Urlingford?

jprboy wrote: »
    I'm guessing Urlingford?

No actually Hebron right in kilkenny the branded station on the left there on the corner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Anyone used mister.ie, gonna order some spark plugs off them and put in car model type, will i get the right ones (factory) or do i need to do some research first ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Anyone used mister.ie, gonna order some spark plugs off them and put in car model type, will i get the right ones (factory) or do i need to do some research first ?

Do the research I'd recommend. I got my spark plugs for the 156 from the AlfaOwner website and they were expensive but cheap relative to here but fantastic to deal with. Got the really good plugs for the money as well.

You never know what brand of plugs they might send you, in a performance car, I'd want the best one's possible.

Just my 2p :)

I've used them before for wipers and they seemed good. Be prepared to wait at least a week for the stuff I think it comes from France. Your probably better of doing a bit of research on the right type spark plugs first just to double check their the right ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

3 hours work and only 3 deliveries and I still get €70 for it , free dinner, a beer and a good laugh and chat with my friend I sold the jeep to.

Trying hard to remember why I left the restaurant as a driver.

Well yesterday I learnt that Karma is in fact a bitch...

A good friend of mine has been giving me awful slags over my Alfa for the last while so eventually enough is enough.. This is what he was presented with after college yesterday...

54774010151574174072891.jpg

:D It's amazing what 150m of cling film can do...

However driving home yesterday all well and good I pull into the drive and I'm presented with a puncture... Karma really does exist and it's quick too! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

hard to believe a man driving a quite clearly poverty spec, no doubt diesel golf thinks he is in a position to slag an alfa. he's possibly driving the most soul-less car money can buy.

hard to believe a man driving a quite clearly poverty spec, no doubt diesel golf thinks he is in a position to slag an alfa. he's possibly driving the most soul-less car money can buy.

Nah khed she's a 1.4 petril but she just pashed the ensiti with a welded exhaust so she's grand. Only 130k miles on her too...:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Most VAGheads would consider that a class modification laaaaaaad like a see through bonnet bra.

Also ordering some decals for steering wheel badge front back exterior badges and some more centrecaps covers, 50 squid so don't wanna pick the wrong ones :(

http://www.dmb.uk.com/prod/271/ford-badges-gel-overlays-focus2#colours

Black and chrome or carbon and chrome ?

1st option or 31st option if you click on them on the colours menu below it lets you see the full badge, carbon was only going on steering wheel one first but now i can't make up my mind i want it to look good but not chavvy and im afraid the carbon ones might look abit boy racer :(

Halp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

you'll normally get a good selection of different brands. Bosch, NGK etc.

Delivery is normally about 3 working days but it cost 7.50 per order.

166man wrote: »
    Nah khed she's a 1.4 petril but she just pashed the ensiti with a welded exhaust so she's grand. Only 130k miles on her too...:eek::D

thats even worse! jesus. least the alfa has a bit of character.

• Advertisement

OSI wrote: »
    Herself's brother bought a 1.4 Mk 4 Golf after I let him drive the GTI around the block. I nearly slapped him.

And quite rightly so. Painfully slow and they really do have their fair share of problems!
    thats even worse! jesus. least the alfa has a bit of character.

Exactly, it has character and can actually move when you put the foot down...:D

A black 1.4 Golf seems to be the car of choice these days for students anyhow. Most of them are in bits too...:o:D

Exactly, it has character and can actually move when you put the foot down...:D

A black 1.4 Golf seems to be the car of choice these days for students anyhow. Most of them are in bits too...:o:D

don't know about that :pac: the student accomodation i'm in, every second car appears to be a 3dr corolla! its heaven :p

don't know about that :pac: the student accomodation i'm in, every second car appears to be a 3dr corolla! its heaven :p

Yaww but loike we're in D4 here loike, so Doddy has to buoy Chorlie a VW loike roysh?

:D:pac: Not far off the truth you know...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

You in UCD 166man?

CianRyan wrote: »
    You in UCD 166man?

Supposed to be, can't say I'm always in lectures though...:D

you did have a bit of a twang off your accent the last time we talked 166 :pac:

im in the wilds of waterford, down farmer country :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Supposed to be, can't say I'm always in lectures though...:D

Must keep an eye out for you on Mondays and Wednesdays. ;)

Have you seen the ugly ass 156 with the spoiler? Always parks around the church.

you did have a bit of a twang off your accent the last time we talked 166 :pac:

im in the wilds of waterford, down farmer country :)

Hence all the feckin corollas....:D

WIT yourself wan't that it? Jaypers that mini-meet was a long time ago at this stage! Must do it again at some stage although I don't see much of Gollywog around here anymore..

CianRyan wrote: »
    Must keep an eye out for you on Mondays and Wednesdays. ;)

Have you seen the ugly ass 156 with the spoiler? Always parks around the church.

Absolutely I'll be in both those days, if you're around drop us a PM sure!

I hate that fcuking car.. It looks ridiculous and the paintwork is about as faded....as an red Alfa should be. :D I pride myself on having one of the nicer 156's around the campus...:pac:

• Advertisement

yeah, WIT, if you can call it that. dept of architecture is shipped off to the other side of the city :(

do you be down this way often? wouldn't mind another get togeter in less rushed circumstance. i think gollywog is still in and out, a pm would get him id say.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement