Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

166man wrote: »
    Absolutely I'll be in both those days, if you're around drop us a PM sure!

I hate that fcuking car.. It looks ridiculous and the paintwork is about as faded....as an red Alfa should be. :D I pride myself on having one of the nicer 156's around the campus...:pac:

Well I'm around at night, 6 on Monday and 8 on Wednesday so chances are you'll be home at that time, let me know if you're late either day though. :)

Haha, yeah I thought you might. The thing is proper rough looking.
    You should park beside him, give him something to aspire to.

Edit: if you're uses to the church and how packed it gets, you should appreciate this.
    533753_10151424892994608_2054338174_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

yeah, WIT, if you can call it that. dept of architecture is shipped off to the other side of the city :(

do you be down this way often? wouldn't mind another get togeter in less rushed circumstance. i think gollywog is still in and out, a pm would get him id say.

Yeah same with DIT in Dublin, all different places around the city centre. It's handy having everything under one roof tbh :)

I could well be down that way at any stage, often spin down towards Arklow and further for the spin so I'm sure I'll be down around the end of May after final exams?
    CianRyan wrote: »
    Well I'm around at night, 6 on Monday and 8 on Wednesday so chances are you'll be home at that time, let me know if you're late either day though. :)

Haha, yeah I thought you might. The thing is proper rough looking.
    You should park beside him, give him something to aspire to.

I'm in late on Monday too, bloody Maths Economics! I'll send you a PM or whatever suits, you can have a look at the 156 if you want!

I will indeed park beside the git the next time! Flat red and Alfa Romeo does not compute! :D

OSI wrote: »
    Well, to be fair the UCD campus isn't far off the size of area DIT is spread over. The only difference is, you're dodging orange headed, hair sprayed wannabes instead of skobies.

Nah you're right on both counts, we also have NCPS to put up with too though... Bunch of 'insert derogatory words here'...

UCD is going all paid parking next year and while it's only 50c an hour it does add up if you're there 40 hours a week...:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Yeah same with DIT in Dublin, all different places around the city centre. It's handy having everything under one roof tbh :)

Better crack scattered all over the city though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I could well be down that way at any stage, often spin down towards Arklow and further for the spin so I'm sure I'll be down around the end of May after final exams?

we should look at organising a meet/ mini meet for the end of may perhaps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

we should look at organising a meet/ mini meet for the end of may perhaps!

Well if there is going to be and it's around Dublin/Wicklow/Wexford I'd love to be included/ show up and annoy you all :D:D

I'm in late on Monday too, bloody Maths Economics! I'll send you a PM or whatever suits, you can have a look at the 156 if you want!

I will indeed park beside the git the next time! Flat red and Alfa Romeo does not compute! :D

Ick! That sounds businessy, the last thing you'd find me studying. :p
    Yeah, sure I can come out a bit earlier on Monday and we can around each others cars. :)
    I'll throw you a PM to sort it out.
    I'm going to apply for UCD with the DARE Scheme this year so I may be around a lot more next year.
    (Currently just sneaking into my martial arts classes :D )

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Well if there is going to be and it's around Dublin/Wicklow/Wexford I'd love to be included/ show up and annoy you all :D:D

Nah you're not invited sorry!

Of course man I'm kidding!, end of May sounds good, I'm not too great on where the best driving roads are but sure a convoy of a few of us could head to Courtown or wherever? Good weather and some nice pictures would be nice alright. Nice way to finish the exams for me anyway!

The more the merrier!

we had one in Courtown this time last year, was nice. i'm flat out the next week or two with hand ups, but maybe we should post a thread and organise something for say a months time? same location maybe, it was nice down there.

we had one in Courtown this time last year, was nice. i'm flat out the next week or two with hand ups, but maybe we should post a thread and organise something for say a months time? same location maybe, it was nice down there.

Would you's accept me and my smoke pipe...? :D

• Advertisement

Nah you're not invited sorry!

tumblr_lndswgG1Np1qch7pn.jpg

:pac:

Sure whenever would suit everyone else with exams etc, I'm easy.

166, ded zebra, dgt and myself, bit of interest already :) could be a good one if we get a few more on board!

would you all prefer a weekday evening or a weekend day?

Weekday evening and I'm down too, otherwise just ignore this post and I'll catch you again. :p

Evening, midday or morning actually.
    I'll only be dodging going on a run. Haha

End of May, exams are over for me so I'm easy :D

Im easy as well but end of May is preferable due to exams. Weekend of Weekday won't bother me either...:)

Here's a pic from last years mini meet

scaled.php?server=231&filename=044iuq.jpg&res=landing

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

tumblr_m14yu4f6Wb1r03ib4o1_500.jpg

weekday evening would suit me better too :)

hows wednesday may 15th for everybody? too soon?

wow, a picture of my car clean :pac:

OSI wrote: »
    Might see closer to the time. Doubt you young studenty types want a well weathered 25 year old cramping your style :p

i'm 23, not so young :P

My exams are just kicking off then. Earlier or later would suit me better. If it's in the evening I can make it :)

• Advertisement

I wouldn't be able to do the 15th unfortunately, smack in the middle of exams, I finish the 18th anyhow and the Alfa's supposed to fail go through the NCT on the 20th so preferably any time after the 18th and I'm good to go.

@SG you can't come because your car is too powerful!

Middle of exams for me...! :(

i'l let you fight amongst yourselves for a date so. perhaps later in the month then so as to not interfere with exams! should we post a thread, or does this need "the nod from a mod"

Just checked there and my exams aren't over until the 24th :eek::eek::(

But, I have nothing between the 16th and the 22nd.....

Just checked there and my exams aren't over until the 24th :eek::eek::(

But, I have nothing between the 16th and the 22nd.....

Jammy sausage, mine aren't over till the 27th thanks to the class rep suiting himself :mad:

i only have CA modules, im finished this day week :P

dgt wrote: »
    Jammy sausage, mine aren't over till the 27th thanks to the class rep suiting himself :mad:

Well that cheered me up nicely :pac:

Where about suits people to have this? South Dublin, Wicklow and north Wexford suit me but I'll travel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭theglobe

............This is what he was presented with after college yesterday...

54774010151574174072891.jpg

:D It's amazing what 150m of cling film can do....presented with a puncture... Karma really does exist and it's quick too! :pac:

Such a childish thing to do.
    Well done Karma.

i think a repeat of courtown harbour would be nice, but i dont mind :)

• Advertisement

i think a repeat of courtown harbour would be nice, but i dont mind :)

Depending on the turnout and the weather on the day it might be very busy around there.... If it is I suppose we could go up to the big car park at the pool?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement