Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I've been outcast :(

Lonely up there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

I have a quistion for ye, okay so, on the yaris yesturday as I waxed it. I noticed that a part of the wheel arch the paint is gone spotty if ye know what I mean. Now, could I fix this with wax or polish, or am I better spray it? I will upload a pic tomorrow... :) Oh just to add, I used Tcut on it. But it made no difference at all....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

CianRyan wrote: »
    Lonely up there?

Yep :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I've been outcast :(

I'd rather have your car and be the loneliest loner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I have a quistion for ye, okay so, on the yaris yesturday as I waxed it. I noticed that a part of the wheel arch the paint is gone spotty if ye know what I mean. Now, could I fix this with wax or polish, or am I better spray it? I will upload a pic tomorrow... :) Oh just to add, I used Tcut on it. But it made no difference at all....

By spotty do you mean there's black spots on it or the paint itself is gone spotty? It sounds to me as though that area was resprayed but the surface was wet before it was sprayed. That can make paint go spotty.

• Advertisement

By spotty do you mean there's black spots on it or the paint itself is gone spotty? It sounds to me as though that area was resprayed but the surface was wet before it was sprayed. That can make paint go spotty.

The paint itself is spotty. I never seen it happen before.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The paint itself is spotty. I never seen it happen before.

Probably rust coming through.

Probably rust coming through.

Ah sh*t. :(

Anyway cheers for help lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

A fitting end to a sh*tty week. My new shotgun is broke :(

Why f*cking me.....

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Post apicture, from what I remember the car is about 4 different shades of gold so it was definately resprayed badly.
    Are the spots the same colour as the car?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

dgt wrote: »
    A fitting end to a sh*tty week. My new shotgun is broke :(

Why f*cking me.....

Could be worse. History is repeating itself in my motoring world

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Post apicture, from what I remember the car is about 4 different shades of gold so it was definately resprayed badly.
    Are the spots the same colour as the car?

I wont be able to post a pic until tomorrow, but I will have a pic up early enough. Ya, the said seller said it was in a bit of a tip, in the snow during 2009 - 2010. but with a 1999 car bought for 800 euro, i suppose these things are to be expected... Thanks colm. :)

Edit: ya the spots are the original gold shade, but faded around the spots. If you get me.

Well, to lighten my day and hopefully yours.....

Trotters, quite a nuisance. However.... Near Ashbourne on the Swords road, one motorist flashed at us to slow down. Speed van up here? Nope, horse and trotter. So we slowed down, then stopped. To which the horse went bananas, started galloping around in circles and fired the rather overweight tracksuit wearing gentleman off the cart and onto the ground on his big fat arse. He got up with a fat face as red as my car and another gentleman of the same build got out of a land cruiser to fire the cart off the horse like trousers in a rage of passion. He began to swear at the horse in a rather bizzare accent and gestured angrilly at everyone to move on.

A woman walking saw the whole thing and was laughing her head off. I had tears with the laughing.... As did a few other drivers that saw what happened :p

I'm probably a horrible bastard for laughing at it all but hey, it's cheered me up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

OSI wrote: »
    Had the GTI up on a lift yesterday for the lolz to get a gander underneath. Expected a disaster show, and yet the car looks near new underneath. Looks like I'll need to take off the front breaks at some point in the future though as there's a bit of a groove showing on the inside of one of the disks.

Why would you expect as disaster show on a car so new and (presumably) Irish originally too!?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I wont be able to post a pic until tomorrow, but I will have a pic up early enough. Ya, the said it was in a bit of a tip, in the snow during 2009 - 2010. but with a 1999 car bought for 800 euro, i suppose these things are to be expected... Thanks colm. :)

Economical too! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

I got called into work today :( huge offices and not a soul around. On the way down I overtook a Renault Fluence swerving pretty at the start of the M4. A 5 series gave up waiting for him to move back left at 100kph and went up the inside, and ended up 2 wheels in the hard shoulder as the Fluence put two wheels in the inside lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

My mums new yaris was keyed today :mad: the mark is about 5cm long and very deep, it goes down to the metal. So pissed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Could be worse. History is repeating itself in my motoring world

What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

My mums new yaris was keyed today :mad: the mark is about 5cm long and very deep, it goes down to the metal. So pissed off.

That sucks :( I'd say it was diesel fanbois.

Seriously though, who'd do that to a new yaris?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

What happened?
    Nothing confirmed yet but its started rattling on start up and is down on power when pulling off.

There is a clear knock audible on tick over. All pointing to a chain which has slipped a cog.

Few other things went on to again which point to the above.

Oh well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

OSI wrote: »
    I don't go honestly know.

I'm always apprehensive about getting a good look at the car. But although the car is only 4 and a bit years old, it does have 130,000km on it, and I'd expect to see at least some evidence as such. But the underside literally looked like I'd just power washed it.

One thing I will say for German (other than Merc) cars made in the last 10years vs within the last 20 is that they did a way way better of rust proofing the underside than previously, with paint, metal choice and proper fitted plastic covering.

130k km in under 5years is good going though! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

UPC are increasing my broadband speed to 150Mb by the end of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

UPC are increasing my broadband speed to 150Mb by the end of May.

Sweet, I'm only 50 now, wouldn't mind an extra 100mb. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Bpmull wrote: »
    I noticed this morning diesel has come down a good bit I paid 1.469 in a branded place which is low for Kilkenny anyway.

Seems down an awful lot in some places. 141.9 in Ballina

And here I was thinking I got great value with 146.9 at Tadgh Riordans.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

1.469 is the cheapest I could see in Kilkenny city I'm sure if you went out to urlingford you would get it a good bit less but thats a long way out of the city. Probably 30km from my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Nothing confirmed yet but its started rattling on start up and is down on power when pulling off.

There is a clear knock audible on tick over. All pointing to a chain which has slipped a cog.

Oh well.

You might as well have an Alfa at this stage....:D

No seriously sorry to hear of car trouble, and @Alan, I hate reading of that sort of stuff, so unnecessary so unprovoked just mindless vandalism by some scum bag trying to impress his mates..:mad:

Oh well.

That on the Beemer? Not fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

That on the Beemer? Not fun.

He doesn't ride a bike. ;)

• Advertisement

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    He doesn't ride a bike. ;)

Bleh, Bimmer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement