Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

BOOM!!! I found another pink one!!!!!!! :D

pinkgtiohya.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Just discovered this new (to me) product that protects alloys from kerbing. Available from http://alloygator.com uk company. Ideal for those of you who had there alloys refurbished or plastic dipped. Looks like it works well too.

Vid:

Also available in pink^^^^^ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Those look pretty cool. Would be pretty invisible in black too. Shame they are so expensive (Looks like over 80 euro delivered).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

The awkward moment when its only -2 out and the car refuses to start.... Thank feck for manual hand pumps!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I think I need new battery too. I drive very short trips and do less then 60 miles per week and battery does not have a chance to properly recharge itself. Me having radio on, heated seats on does not help that situation too. :)
    Still though, scooby started today at 4:40 in the morning like a champ. Might give a longer route to home today just to give battery some juice.

• Advertisement

My battery is new! Just the glow plugs might be a tad iffy and XUD's are notorious for being c*nts to start with poor plugs

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

http://t.co/hZQUKxH4
    200 Horse fiesta ST. You could have fun in this little dinky.

Anyone looking for a track car? ZR160 down to € 1,150. I was looking at this but the seller has no interest in putting it through an NCT.

OSI wrote: »
    Ordered myself some car goodies as birthday treat to myself :D

Finally found somewhere that sells the bloody multi-function steering wheel buttons for the golf without an entire wheel attached!

$(KGrHqRHJEUFBgLECLkJBQ,Uyhdemw~~60_3.JPG

And bought myself a snow foam lance too, should make cleaning the cars a bit more fun :)

How much for the controls, having the rns-510 without them is awkward!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Redisle wrote: »
    Anyone looking for a track car? ZR160 down to € 1,150. I was looking at this but the seller has no interest in putting it through an NCT.

That would put me off immediately. Both the price and if he has no interest, that's a full indication to me that there isn't a hope it will pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Redisle wrote: »

Is that the same car that is supposedly owned by a mechanic?!?

Serious warning signs if he's not even bothered putting it through the NCT to sell it! :eek:

dar83 wrote: »
    Is that the same car that is supposedly owned by a mechanic?!?

Yeah same car.
    dar83 wrote: »
    Serious warning signs if he's not even bothered putting it through the NCT to sell it! :eek:

Hence why I never bothered going to see it.

It could be okay but it could also have engine damage. The guy said he replaced the hg when he got it but the question is how long was it overheating before that. Head could be fcked. It might be worth a look if anyone is near by but then again it has dropped from €1600 in the last 2 weeks so maybe not.

100 of your finest American dollars. However, it's worth pointing out that if you don't have the flappy paddles, you need a whole new wheel, steering wheel controller, and slip ring. Not quite as economical.

No i have the paddles... is it a big job to fit them?

Cover off, airbag out, blanks off, buttons in, plug cables in, airbag back in, cover back on. Done. Should be a 20 minute job, (I hope).

Sound, ill get the link off ya after christmas k? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Cover off, airbag out, blanks off, buttons in, plug cables in, airbag back in, cover back on. Done. Should be a 20 minute job, (I hope).

You may need to program them into the car too using vagcom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Saw a red FIAT Barchetta down the Coal Quay in Cork last weekend - can't remember ever seeing one in Ireland before. Fair play to whoever has it for thinking outside the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Apparently not, as the DSG's already have the controller in place and coded. Or so I'm told.

For the paddles possibly? Shouldn't be much to do it if not. I believe there are loads of options you can turn on and off with this too if you have someone knowledgable and it needs coding. Kill two birds with one stone and all that.

langdang wrote: »
    Saw a red FIAT Barchetta down the Coal Quay in Cork last weekend - can't remember ever seeing one in Ireland before. Fair play to whoever has it for thinking outside the box.

Can't say I've seen one myself this side of the border or not in a car show

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

need to remove black paint off my indicators as theyll fail the nct, easiest way to do this? compound wouldnt take it off.

Need a sunstrip badly, what's the legal requirements? Not near a pc so cant look it up! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

dgt wrote: »
    Need a sunstrip badly, what's the legal requirements? Not near a pc so cant look it up! :(

I think the sun strip has to be under 2 inches. :( But having said that there is an irish lad on fiatforum and he has a 10 and a half inch sunstrip. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Not lower than the lowest point your sun visor goes AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Can't say I've seen one myself this side of the border or not in a car show

A friends dad has one - he's up around the Slane area. Green one that's been at the ALMC show and Terenure.

Apparently it's a total sh1tbox to drive, according to my friend who took it from Slane across to the City North.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

R.O.R wrote: »
    A friends dad has one - he's up around the Slane area. Green one that's been at the ALMC show and Terenure.

Apparently it's a total sh1tbox to drive, according to my friend who took it from Slane across to the City North.

Must be why they called it "little boat"

R.O.R wrote: »

Sure they're all about looks really aren't they?
    If they wanted to make it a drivers car I'm sure they would have made it RWD. Always thought it was odd that they went against that.

Actually...

Its completely illegal under the Construction, equipment and use of vehicles regulations 1963 Article 34, Subsection 2 part B

They are classed as "inessential objects/stickers"

Do beads count as beads when they're frozen? :D
    28t7xtt.jpg

CianRyan wrote: »
    Do beads count as beads when they're frozen? :D
    28t7xtt.jpg

No :p ,Because that would make them ice cubes! :D

No :p ,Because that would make them ice cubes! :D

Ice hemispheres if you want to get smart about it. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Roads were manky today. Cleaned the car yesterday..... Drove to Cavan and on to Dublin and had to pit stop into a garage on the way home to clean my lights. I was literally getting NO light off them :eek:

Need to stick some of those Volvo wipers onto the headlights me thinks :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement