Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

To be fair CUs have to be careful, too many people in serious financial bother who could really do with a few grand but who mightn't be all too sure of being able to pay it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

dgt wrote: »
    Would something like this tickle your fancy?

Full-19041096.jpeg

Don't look so surprised if I end up in one someday....

That tickles my fancy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

RoverJames wrote: »
    To be fair CUs have to be careful, too many people in serious financial bother who could really do with a few grand but who mightn't be all too sure of being able to pay it back.

I heard it's more along the lines of them getting carried away 5-10 years ago giving out free/not properly backround checked loans to family members of staff and the odd big loan to pure chancers already massively in arears.

Yet it's always Joe soap who saves regular and has a perfect repayment record who is made to feel like is coming in with his hat out begging.

dgt wrote: »
    Would something like this tickle your fancy?

Full-19041096.jpeg

Don't look so surprised if I end up in one someday....

Coming to "I did something to my car today" thread 2014

:D

I heard it's more along the lines of them getting carried away 5-10 years ago giving out free/not properly backround checked loans to family members of staff and the odd big loan to pure chancers already massively in arears.............

Sounds like utter bollocks tbh about the family members, the chancers bit is what they're trying to avoid now, as they got burned.
    Yet it's always Joe soap who saves regular and has a perfect repayment record who is made to feel like is coming in with his hat out begging.

To my earlier point, many folk with perfect repayment records in the past may well be up the creek now.

• Advertisement

Jesus RJ that makes no sense and you know it in terms of remayment viability, also the CU did get burned and it's part of the reason for the measures

My local CU hasnt given out loans to anyone in over a year.

Went for a drive today, went through Clonmel, New Inn, Cashel, Dundrum, Golden, Bansha, Tipp town and then back through Urlingford and into Kilkenny city and then home :D Anyone else love going for drives on a beautiful day :)

RoverJames wrote: »
    Sounds like utter bollocks tbh about the family members, the chancers bit is what they're trying to avoid now, as they got burned.

Jesus RJ that makes no sense and you know it in terms of remayment viability, also the CU did get burned and it's part of the reason for the measures

You might want to re read it ;)

I said they got burned, ie the credit unions ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

That on the Beemer? Not fun.
    Well, on the car version. It's random, still driving fairly ok but obviously its far from well. Parked in the driveway now. Not such an issue as I don't need it.

Such is life when I insist on buying cheap used cars. Funnily enough its the first car in years I was comfortable and happy with.

What i meant is they got in with BIG loans which they are not set up to deal with structurewise like property developer chancers it wasn't some scoby getting a loan for a trip to Ibiza and not paying it back :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I am going to be importing a Black R34 GTT (1998 - 2001), I already have a company picked out to source me a car over in Japan and I will make a guide to importing once I get it as a lot of info on the internet is outdated when it comes to importing from Japan or Ireland. Still not sure if I will go for a 2 door or a 4 door, the 2 door has the coolness factor but the 4 door is convenient for the family.
    250419.jpg

Gotta be a 2 door cmon :p

I'd pick the 4 dr but thats just for practical use :) Both gorgeous though

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

4 door imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

4 doors for more wh......atchamacallits easier access to the rear seats for passengers! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I want a 4 door race car, nothing like opening the rear door to see a cage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

just back from mondello modified live! myself and the missus had our first "major" trade stand there today, was a great experience. i'd never been to mondello before, was a great day out, a real feast for the senses, the sounds and smells and cars flying around :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

just back from mondello modified live! myself and the missus had our first "major" trade stand there today, was a great experience. i'd never been to mondello before, was a great day out, a real feast for the senses, the sounds and smells and cars flying around :D

the sound is mad at those events isnt it, like a rock concert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

I am going to be importing a Black R34 GTT (1998 - 2001), I already have a company picked out to source me a car over in Japan and I will make a guide to importing once I get it as a lot of info on the internet is outdated when it comes to importing from Japan or Ireland. Still not sure if I will go for a 2 door or a 4 door, the 2 door has the coolness factor but the 4 door is convenient for the family.

Looking forward to updates on the car and the importing.

Has to be the 2 door :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

If usually say 2 door but I'm going with 4 door here, they just look unreal.
    4 door drift cars. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

CianRyan wrote: »
    If usually say 2 door but I'm going with 4 door here, they just look unreal.
    4 door drift cars. :D
    Exactly this, was all set on 2 door till I looked at the photos... and the 4 door just looks awesome. The rear half almost has a whiff of Mercedes W201 Cosworh about it.

Another 4 door favourite of mine is the JZX100.
    10_0cJe_168.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

4_door_r33gtr_skyline_019.JPG

It's growing on me. Must be getting old :pac:

Another 4 door favourite of mine is the JZX100.
    http://www.speedhunters.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/10_0cJe_168.jpg

I'm surprised you didn't suggest this!
    4393787653_cf4c9a8402_o.jpg

What is this? I don't even?!
    Is that a chaser with an S13 front end?
    Details?

What is this? I don't even?!
    Is that a chaser with an S13 front end?
    Details?

Cefiro A31. Quit a hoot, same engines as in the Skyline at the time :)

I got a go in one when in Manila 4 years ago

Ah I should have known that!
    I really thought they were the lights off a PS13 though.
    It's been a long day. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Morning lads,

Didnt wanna start a thread, and I reckon this doesn't really fall into bangernomics..

I'm on the lookout for something very cheap & very nasty,

The nastier the better,(sub 4/500) test not important, once it looked like it could pass one it will do, tax would get you a blue peter badge :D

Fuel type: unimportant - but diesel a bonus (diesel card)

Any of ye spotted/have anything some way presentable lying around / filling a hole in a ditch that runs & will do a few thousand miles?

I'm thinking xantia/205/306/golf/carina/cit zx/audi 80/... anything that's not huge engine wise. pacman.gif

Id rather avoid anything sub 1.4 also..

Edit: Im in the kildare/dublin area btw...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

4 Door all the way. More rare, looks cooler. You get a "pimp" member card too! :pac:

I miss my old pimp mobile :(

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Only in Lithucorkia would you find a clock on the OUTSIDE of a house :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement