Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

Cheensbo wrote: »
    The nastier the better,(sub 4/500) ................
    I'm thinking xantia/205/306/golf/carina/cit zx/audi 80/... anything that's not huge engine wise. pacman.gif.............

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4909165

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Only in Lithucorkia would you find a clock on the OUTSIDE of a house :pac:

not my house, but it was always handy when we were getting ****faced drunk and needed to know time. At that stage mobile phones and other "items" were somewhere in the ditch or in 320 BMW with a welded diff deeper in the back yard! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

RoverJames wrote: »

Good man RJ, "on it like a car bonnet"

If i can get a chauffer to bring me ill be rocking that yoke tonight :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Good man RJ, "on it like a car bonnet"

If i can get a chauffer to bring me ill be rocking that yoke tonight :pac:

With their suspension set-up that phrase may become more literal than intended. :D

MugMugs wrote: »
    With their suspension set-up that phrase may become more literal than intended. :D

Ah a mere technicality,

Spheres cost feck all for them anyway, once it pumps at all I'll be happy.

Hell, once it has 4 tyres and spews black smoke ill be happy :pac:

• Advertisement

Oh, forgot to show a sticker on my front bumper!

IMG_0104.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

My mums new yaris was keyed today :mad: the mark is about 5cm long and very deep, it goes down to the metal. So pissed off.

Count yourself lucky, bought i Pajero Sport two years ago, was keyed in galway city from the front light all the way down the side, half way onto the rear quarter panel on the drivers side.

This happened a week after i bought it

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

Check point last night, I noticed the AGS morph's from deadly serious traffic cop guy into fluffy buddy, just stop for an ould chat guy, as soon as I hand over the old licence-arooney.
    "okay paul, nice evening paul, safe journey now paul"
    The missus said she thought he was going to ask me back to his place for drinks.

Put my carina II on dd at lunch,

'sold' it in about 2 mins :eek:

phone still wont stop ringing even though its marked as sold :(

Shoulda put it up for more :pac:

Sickening thing is i agreed a price with a lad, and now people are texting offering the asking :(

I'm a man of my word though so the first guy can have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Sickening thing is i agreed a price with a lad, and now people are texting offering the asking :(

go on, give us the details, how much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

20 today, for my birthday, My dad paid for my driving test. Delighted. :)

Gonna book it tonight, or tomorrow for sure. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Happy birthday whippersnapper

20 today, for my birthday, My dad paid for my driving test. Delighted. :)

Gonna book it tonight, or tomorrow for sure. :)

Don't you spend all that on fancy pants! Happy birthday m8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Reminds me of when I sold the astra couldn't take it down on my phone for some reason and I was in town so just marked sold over it 20 times the title the top and end of the ad everywhere and I was going to go home and take it down. While been in town for the hour I got 5 phone calls they all went something like "is the astra still for sale" I answer "am no" aright ok thanks. Then there was some lads just wanted a chat " what did you think of the astra" typical donedeal. Needless to say I took it down fairly quickly.

go on, give us the details, how much?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4914608

That's the article.. Sold it for a good bit less but it seems to be going to a good home :(

Off to buy a banger now :v

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Mom's fluence got a nice smack off of some dope in a 96fm Jeep. Luckily he only did damage to one panel but he did it to the massive bumper.

Also, Happy Birthday BW.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Mom's fluence got a nice smack off of some dope in a 96fm Jeep. Luckily he only did damage to one panel but he did it to the massive bumper.

Also, Happy Birthday BW.

The hits you can't get out of your head!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The hits you can't get out of your head!

I knew that would come up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Happy birthday BW, getting nearer to the wheel of the yellow car and hopefully enjoying it as much as I did! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

same thing happened me, but I had to be honest and go with what I agreed and I was waiting a good 2 weeks before anyone showed an interest, then when we agree a price I get 5 different people calling wanting to buy the car...life is strange sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

4 Door all the way. More rare, looks cooler. You get a "pimp" member card too! :pac:

I miss my old pimp mobile :(

IMG_0049.jpg

I remember you saying you had a skyline before but I didn't think it would be as nice as this, lovely 33. Was it a gtst? How does it compare to you scooby AWD?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Cemetery next door? :eek: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Cemetery next door? :eek: :pac:

It's for all the spoilers that get put prematurely to rest when SH buys a car...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Just to let you all know, I've my car up for sale. Reason being I've my eye on something else :)

4 Door all the way. More rare, looks cooler. You get a "pimp" member card too! :pac:

IMG_0049.jpg

I remember you saying you had a skyline before but I didn't think it would be as nice as this, lovely 33. Was it a gtst? How does it compare to you scooby AWD?

Cheers m8. I miss it more and more with each day. :( Though it is not alive anymore, the fella who bought it broke it apart and the rest of it rusts somewhere in a skip. It was Gtst with 399hp. Lots of HKS goodies, Power FC and all that jazz.

Compared to scooby... Well.. Skyline constantly was trying to kill me. It was a good lesson how you need to respect high powered cars and how will they snap your neck off if you will be stupid. It was stupidly fast, stupidly unstable ( LSD + HISAC lock up kit ), Getting wheel spins in third gear while doing 80km/h, just because there were small bit of rain etc. Killing petrol, like I kill Subway sandwiches. I miss all that :(.
    Scooby is lovely. Its comfortable with all the toys and heated leather seats. The sound of boxer engine is just pure sex. Extremely stable on a road and very nimble for a heavy 4x4. Problem is it is as boring as wet carrot compared to idiotic skyline. Which is not a bad thing, sort of. When you need to daily drive to work and if you got a big trip in front of you scooby will Win. I see Scooby more of a sensible car, with some power to spare, then something pure nuts fun like skyline.
    Though 4 door skyline was surprisingly comfortable, even with coilovers. Funny enough I think it even had less road noise... It was 94 too!

You know what is worse? I am checking skylines on DD for the last few weeks. I want a Skyline again! :( If misses will find out, I will be murdered. Stabbed and disposed somewhere in the graveyard next to where we live...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

I just heard my aunty sold her 02 megane 1.4 coupe for 1600 euro I'm actually genuinely shocked she got so much for it the car was wrecked. My dad drove it 2 months ago and it was pure wrecked needed new pads and discs all round very noisey to drive the suspension was rough as anything needed 4 new tyres and so much more. I don't know how she got that kind of money for such a rough ordinary car.i think she paid 1800 for it 2 years ago and it was spotless when she got it. She bought a brand new mini first and its a lovely car unfortunately it won't take her long to wreck that seems like a really fun car to drive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Finally got some more DA work in today. Did the front quarter panel. The only thing I have to say is...whatever Menzerna put in their FG400 polish, its bloody fantastic. Took away scratches in hardly no time, will be using this from now and produces a great shine on its own without a finishing pad.
    And collinite 476s, although one of the harder waxes to apply/buff off regardless of how much applied, is magnificent!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Just to let you all know, I've my car up for sale. Reason being I've my eye on something else :)

Well, don't leave us hanging! Cad é? Mazda6 MPS?? :pac:
    whatever Menzerna put in their FG400 polish, its bloody fantastic. Took away scratches in hardly no time, will be using this from now and produces a great shine on its own without a finishing pad.
    And collinite 476s, although one of the harder waxes to apply/buff off regardless of how much applied, is magnificent!

Both the FG400 and Collinite are things that every person who takes care of their car should have, no excuses!

On another note, I won Wax-Tec goodies from the lads at Detailing Shed :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Lovely letter from the penalty point man today. 94 in the roadworks section on the m1 at lissenhall. Half 3 in the day so it was only in the flow of traffic. I mean the amount of speeding I do I would expect to be done for something more satisfying than that :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement