Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

CianRyan wrote: »
    He'll never admit it be he well does!
    Why else would he sit around looking up Mazda's on DD? :D

He just said on another thread that he is missing his rx8 as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

He'll never admit it be he well does!
    Why else would he sit around looking up Mazda's on DD? :D
    He just said on another thread that he is missing his rx8 as well :)

I have ALWAYS admitted to missing my RX8 ye pair of apes!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

I pulled the focus into the garage the noise from the belts has completly stopped even driving this afternoon the noise is gone hopefully it won't come back. The steel pipe on closer inspection didnt have much oil on it so the leak is small I dried it of and ill just keep an eye on it over the week and see how quickly more oil comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

So buy one and forget about that pesky wastegate problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

:)
    You just can't love the BMW in the same way!

• Advertisement

:)
    You just can't love the BMW in the same way!

Oh how wrong you are :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

To be fair, the 8 probably would have paled the waste gate at this stage with a rebuild!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Bpmull wrote: »
    I pulled the focus into the garage the noise from the belts has completly stopped even driving this afternoon the noise is gone hopefully it won't come back. The steel pipe on closer inspection didnt have much oil on it so the leak is small I dried it of and ill just keep an eye on it over the week and see how quickly more oil comes.

With the car in question, I would t leave it off I'd bring it to someone sooner rather than later that actually knows that engine inside out.

Could be very well worth your while getting the sump down and the bits and pieces down there cleaned. Then start from scratch with proper regular servicing. (Unless it has a full documented history ATM)

With the car in question, I would t leave it off I'd bring it to someone sooner rather than later that actually knows that engine inside out.

Could be very well worth your while getting the sump down and the bits and pieces down there cleaned. Then start from scratch with proper regular servicing. (Unless it has a full documented history ATM)

I serviced it 5k km ago and there was no sludge around the old oil filter what so ever like the one you see on the pictures here. It was in a ford main dealer garage a month ago the time it broke down and they said it was perfect only for it needs tie rod ends. But I see your point I'm bringing it to my mechanic in the next few weeks and he'll be checking it from head to toe. And he knows that engine inside out as he does all maintance on a fleet of 1.6 focuses The engine is as dry as a bone bar the small leak at that clip there is no oil around the turbo or anywhere on the engine. But it might be worth looking into cleaning the sump. Ill be doing oil and filter change every 10k km as long as I have it anyway. Thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So buy one and forget about that pesky wastegate problem!

Is that still not fecking sorted?! :confused: He should stop spending money on drugs and blow up dolls and get that sorted ffs! :mad:

• Advertisement

Is that still not fecking sorted?! :confused: He should stop spending money on drugs and blow up dolls and get that sorted ffs! :mad:

It's next on the list and should be done soon enough ;)

Lads, we have to go again with regards to getting a proper detailing forum going. Let's not chat about it on here but please go to the link and add a +1 for your support.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056933148

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

It's next on the list and should be done soon enough ;)

By the time you will have it done I will be driving GTR!

By the time you will have it done I will be driving GTR!

You will in your fook :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

OSI wrote: »
    Was drivin through the midlands the other day enjoying the quiet ambience, when it was all ruined by the sound of a rattly waste gate coming over the hills.

If you are driving round the midlands this evening, you are gonna hear something like a massy 135 at warp speed;)

I've been driving my parents yeti all day (to dublin and back to pick up my father from the hospital)

So I'm looking forward to some Alfa time this evening:D

To anyone who is driving between Nenagh and thurles tonight, I apologise in advance:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

So I decided to drive through limerick this evening instead of taking the tunnel. Was messing with the cruise control (as you do) to see how slow you could set it.
    Luckily for me there was a speed van Parker 200m down the road, I would certainly have been slightly over the limit otherwise.

Then I saw an rs4. A petrol one!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

colm_mcm wrote: »
    So I decided to drive through limerick this evening instead of taking the tunnel. Was messing with the cruise control (as you do) to see how slow you could set it.
    Luckily for me there was a speed van Parker 200m down the road, I would certainly have been slightly over the limit otherwise.

What's the min? 40kmh?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

MugMugs wrote: »
    What's the min? 40kmh?

I can't remember :o I got distracted!

Is there anywhere online I can buy a ford focus ambiente outside temperature sensor as my one is currently reading 40 degree c :pac: the only place I can see is ebay uk which only has second hand ones. Ford main dealer is looking for 80 euro which is a bit rich for it I think. My dad changed the same sensor in his octavia with a genuine sensor out of skoda for less than 20 euro. I can't understand why ford parts are so dear. Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

colm_mcm wrote: »

I've seen an S6 estate (07) around a few times now.

Such a class sleeper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

I'm just looking at booking this oul driving test now and wondering what will I need on the day of test. LP, Car (Obviously) what else? I'm sure I'm forgetting something...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

I'm just looking at booking this oul driving test now and wondering what will I need on the day of test. LP, Car (Obviously) what else? I'm sure I'm forgetting something...

Your game face.

tumblr_leubzp27sm1qzd3hmo1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRNm0_TAj_4

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Theres a checklist on the rsa website

Theres a checklist on the rsa website

Ya, I'm just looking at the RSA website now. But can't seem to find it.

http://www.rsa.ie/en/RSA/Learner-Drivers/The-Driving-Test/Apply-online/

Sorry TT, This type of thing really isn't my strong point..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Ya, I'm just looking at the RSA website now. But can't seem to find it.

http://www.rsa.ie/en/RSA/Learner-Drivers/The-Driving-Test/Apply-online/

Sorry TT, This type of thing really isn't my strong point..

Clicketh this link :)

dgt wrote: »

Cheers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Sweet!

Shes on 406 rims, 18ET as opposed to the Xantias 15ET requirement.... Once it's not rubbing the calliper though!

Runs on 185/60's too, they look like 195/65s....

Makes me want to get another one!

Said id reply here, didnt want to go too OT in the other thread,

Jeez you don't miss much man :D

I hadnt even paid any attention to the size of the tyres, just checked em all for thread & bulges before I took her home.

No rubbing of anything that I can tell, needs brake pads so ill fire some in on saturday.

Point out more stuff to me, ive no clue about specifics in these :)

had a bit of a look around it this evening, was busy with other crap so hadnt much time to poke around, but

What amazes me is, its only on 98k miles now (my 350 miles last night & today pushed it over) but the back seats are like theyve never been sat in, the door jambs/boot jamb etc are all sparkling clean, like day one, the boot is the same too, everything is in immaculate condition, none of the radio buttons are faded, likewise with the power window buttons etc...

I actually can't get over how clean it is, its one of the cleanest cars i've had, (excepting the heavy scrape on the passenger side rear.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Said id reply here, didnt want to go too OT in the other thread,

Jeez you don't miss much man :D

I hadnt even paid any attention to the size of the tyres, just checked em all for thread & bulges before I took her home.

No rubbing of anything that I can tell, needs brake pads so ill fire some in on saturday.

Point out more stuff to me, ive no clue about specifics in these :)

had a bit of a look around it this evening, was busy with other crap so hadnt much time to poke around, but

What amazes me is, its only on 98k miles now (my 350 miles last night & today pushed it over) but the back seats are like theyve never been sat in, the door jambs/boot jamb etc are all sparkling clean, like day one, the boot is the same too, everything is in immaculate condition, none of the radio buttons are faded, likewise with the power window buttons etc...

I actually can't get over how clean it is, its one of the cleanest cars i've had, (excepting the heavy scrape on the passenger side rear.)

Well, I have had both cars :D

Bang up more pics of it in daylight!

Xantia's normally have these steel wheels :)

Boot and bonnet are fibreglass. With these cars you can drive on 3 wheels..... :eek:

Most of these cars were owned by people who didn't drive them hard, our old one had 180k miles, the inside was a bit tatty but it felt solid :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Well, I have had both cars :D

Bang up more pics of it in daylight!

Xantia's normally have these steel wheels :)

Boot and bonnet are fibreglass. With these cars you can drive on 3 wheels..... :eek:

Most of these cars were owned by people who didn't drive them hard, our old one had 180k miles, the inside was a bit tatty but it felt solid :)

Ill stick up some more pics tomorrow if i get a chance/think of it :pac:

Ah i see, mine seem to fill the arches a little better, happy days :)

I guessed that from the sheer weightlessness of them, citroen are fond of lighweight bonnets i've noticed.

Yes, this one certainly had a good life, service stamps & wheelchair stickers everywhere :pac:

ive heard that, but in saying, i wont be taking one off and doing my commute :D:D

I cant see why it has no test, so im gonna stick some pads on it and send her in, ive had much worse yokes pass :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement