Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Ill stick up some more pics tomorrow if i get a chance/think of it :pac:

Ah i see, mine seem to fill the arches a little better, happy days :)

I guessed that from the sheer weightlessness of them, citroen are fond of lighweight bonnets i've noticed.

Yes, this one certainly had a good life, service stamps & wheelchair stickers everywhere :pac:

ive heard that, but in saying, i wont be taking one off and doing my commute :D:D

I cant see why it has no test, so im gonna stick some pads on it and send her in, ive had much worse yokes pass :o

I must dig out the manual,the 195s are cheaper and easier to get hence why it has them :p Don't know why it's on 406 rims tough...! :confused:

Slam panel is also fibreglass :D

Nice to hear of a car with all the stamps, a rarity with a car like that!

Didn't say why it failed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Test Booked for the 24th of may at 14.05 pm. :) It never asked me anything about using a manual or Auto car?? Maybe I'm just worrying about nothing..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Test Booked for the 24th of may at 14.05 pm. :) It never asked me anything about using a manual or Auto car?? Maybe I'm just worrying about nothing..

No need to worry. Just turn up in a manual and you're fine.

No need to worry. Just turn up in a manual and you're fine.

Cheers. :) Thanks also Alan for the help in the other thread too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

dgt wrote: »
    I must dig out the manual,the 195s are cheaper and easier to get hence why it has them :p Don't know why it's on 406 rims tough...! :confused:

Slam panel is also fibreglass :D

Nice to hear of a car with all the stamps, a rarity with a car like that!

Didn't say why it failed?

Haha fair enough :) there was nothin mentioned about the wheels anyway, basically the man I got it from, got it after the original owner passed away I think, he only had it a short while.

Slam panel is still there & in good nick too :D

Nah, he said it didn't go to the test at all, but I reckon it failed on the brakes and he wasn't arsed... Steel on steel basically..

Just parked it up with the back facing the container in work, just after noticing the very audible turbo whistle :D

Je t'aime :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Any decent self service car washes in the city? have my own bucket / mitt :o just need a power hose

Car needs a once over before the dyno day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I'm just looking at booking this oul driving test now and wondering what will I need on the day of test. LP, Car (Obviously) what else? I'm sure I'm forgetting something...

this will be really helpful to you if you havent done it before.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdVoy3SUJ5Y

watch it more than once

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

conzy wrote: »
    Any decent self service car washes in the city? have my own bucket / mitt :o just need a power hose

Car needs a once over before the dyno day

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

166man wrote: »
    PM sent.

Is it a secret Car Wash? :pac:

MugMugs wrote: »
    Is it a secret Car Wash? :pac:

Yeah it is! Nobody else can know....:D

• Advertisement

this will be really helpful to you if you havent done it before.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdVoy3SUJ5Y

watch it more than once

Ah right, that's going to be a great benefit to me, thanks very much appreciated Chris. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Just to let you all know my "friends" got access to my account (left myself logged in on a college computer) so anything you read about my sexual preferences are unfounded and whatever else I posted over the last 30 mins :rolleyes:.

I'm off to inspect the damage now.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    I'm off to inspect the damage now.....

Congrats dude

That's a brave move you're making and you should be very proud of yourself. I've watched friends tear themselves apart trying to do what you're about to do.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84311074

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

MugMugs wrote: »
    Congrats dude

That's a brave move you're making and you should be very proud of yourself. I've watched friends tear themselves apart trying to do what you're about to do.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84311074

LOL:rolleyes:

At least that's the only damage that I can find. Other than that I only subscribed to threads such as "women priests" and a few others.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Hahaha :)

@Ba_Barabus

Think I saw your BMW today in the underground carpark today in the Merrion Shopping centre about 5.30ish?

I parked beside you in a red Alfa 156 and went to Tesco, when I got back it was gone? Was it you? :D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I parked beside you in a red Alfa 156 and went to Tesco, when I got back it was gone? Was it you? :D:pac:
    Hilarious as I was actually admiring your car on the way back to mine!

I always park in that spot so nobody can open their doors into me. I've seen you park there a few times. There was a wine 156 to the other side of me. Wouldn't mind getting a better look at your car if that's possible.

You living nearby?

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Hilarious as I was actually admiring your car on the way back to mine!

I always park in that spot so nobody can open their doors into me. I've seen you park there a few times. There was a wine 156 to the other side of me. Wouldn't mind getting a better look at your car if that's possible.

You living nearby?

You're more than welcome, I was admiring some beading on your own yoke!

PM sent.

You're more than welcome, I was admiring some beading on your own yoke!

PM sent.

It requires more cleaning. Wheels are coming off in two weeks when I'm home so I can scrub around the arches. There is nothing like a nice clean arch to say a job well done

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

No problem seeing which car is mine at the moment, MM wrote a big PRED on the boot lid last night......just because there was a little bit of dirt on it:p

Thanks MM for sorting my dodgy starter, and for the spin,
    Fcuk me that yoke of his is fast!

• Advertisement

OSI wrote: »
    Yeah, yeah. But what's his car like?

Bahaha excellent, BMW has a whole new meaning....:pac:

Just got a chance to meet Ba_Barabus, what a lovely gent and a stunning BMW he has. I saw pictures of it recently but it's unbelievably clean in the daylight. Really nice well sorted car. So nice to see a 11 year old car in such good condition. Would have grabbed a photo but 'twas too dark at that stage. :)

Bahaha excellent, BMW has a whole new meaning....:pac:

Just got a chance to meet Ba_Barabus, what a lovely gent and a stunning BMW he has. I saw pictures of it recently but it's unbelievably clean in the daylight. Really nice well sorted car. So nice to see a 11 year old car in such good condition. Would have grabbed a photo but 'twas too dark at that stage. :)

Twas bright when you took it for a drive! Glad you liked it, now can I swap it for that Spider :cool:

In fairness it was refreshing to meet someone who cared about an auld Banger of a 156......:pac:

..........and who has a lovely fully packed Italian driveway. I need some Italian metal in my life, what could possibly go RONG :P

In fairness 166Man is a top bloke if anyone gets to meet him or his driveway.......very complimentary towards dgt, wouldn't stop talking about him in fact..........worrying :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

STALKER-LEVELMAX_o_122371.jpg

Twas bright when you took it for a drive! Glad you liked it, now can I swap it for that Spider :cool:

In fairness it was refreshing to meet someone who cared about an auld Banger of a 156......:pac:

..........and who has a lovely fully packed Italian driveway. I need some Italian metal in my life, what could possibly go RONG :P

In fairness 166Man is a top bloke if anyone gets to meet him or his driveway.......very complimentary towards dgt, wouldn't stop talking about him in fact..........worrying :p

A Nokia block phone does not a camera have...:D

For an auld banger I didn't hear much complaints from yourself! You call it banger, I call it character! :cool:

Italian Driveway FTW! With your history I can't say I'd recommend an Italian Stalion for yourself...:p

Cheers, I have every right to be complimentary towards him! Soundest bloke!

I call it character! :cool:
    I couldn't agree more. It's a very nice car to drive even if it needs a little bit of work.

In fact it straight away reminded me of why I love Alfa's, so light and responsive with a nice growl from the engine.

Great cars are always flawed

I couldn't agree more. It's a very nice car to drive even if it needs a little bit of work.

In fact it straight away reminded me of why I love Alfa's, so light and responsive with a nice growl from the engine.

Great cars are always flawed

Right wishbone needs to be done and the brakes all round as well as four tyres. After that it's finding the sources of the rattles inside the car!

After it's all done you're more than welcome to take it out and give a good run!

After that it's finding the sources of the rattles inside the car!
    I remember seeing in Autoexpress (The Sun of car mags) that you can get a cd to play which plays at different frequencies to help find them

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Posts removed, lads lets try and keep it motoring related.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Earlier on the Slane to Kilberry road, just outside Gorman Lought pub...

A nob in a grey 10 LH Punto Evo nearly ploughed the side of my car out earlier. Didn't stop at the junction, lucky there was no one on the other side of the road when I had to violently brake and swerve to avoid them. The cheeky bastard proceeded to fly off too :mad:

That's not the first time I've seen that nob acting like a dick on that road too. When I was with my..... in her.... anyways that same grey Punto flew by us on blind bends going past Peil place. Then proceeded to take a fairly severe bend so fast the car was leaning over quite a lot. Lunatic :eek:

So if you are driving round that neck of the woods and see that bellend coming up behind you, don't be surprised if they overtake you on a seriously dangerous stretch of road with oncoming traffic.

Just be prepared to take evasive action to avoid a serious collision

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

01 vectra automatic .... on yhe way to the garage , its horrible to drive :/

auto box is slow and crap and the whole car is just uncomfortable to be in :/

#missmycomfyvolvo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement