Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

FYI, anyone interested in Millers Motorsport spec Nanodrive motor oils, usually EUR89 for 5litres, on offer on MillersOilsIreland for EUR59 for 5 litres, cheaper than Ive seen anywhere:
    http://millersoilsireland.ie/motor-sports/

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭SJPK

99 vw polo sdi or 97 1.2 8v corsa?
    Just a quick question, doesnt really merit a new thread! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

SJPK wrote: »

A Yaris, a Punto or a Micra.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

SJPK wrote: »

They're both shockingly bad, no other options no? For the sake of it I'd have the Polo, but only because the Corsa is just that bad...

Just the two i have to pick from atm, neither of them have many positives really do they :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

polo will be very dull but maybe not so bad in other respects?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

polo will be very dull but maybe not so bad in other respects?

A diesel without a turbo though!?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Matt Simis wrote: »

And 1.9 tax

Matt Simis wrote: »

extremely dull then? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Just put my truck up for sale... gut wrenching stuff :(

• Advertisement

I just think the polo might ae a bit more respectable and that engine bit more solid than the corsa, the tax is a shame though

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Just put my truck up for sale... gut wrenching stuff :(

Truck?

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Truck?

if its not a DAF or a Scania, it needs re-phrasing :D

I gathered it's a pick up alright but using the term 'truck' I was thinking it could be something American. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

These wheels and springs are tempting me..... Someone talk some sense into me!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

dgt wrote: »
    These wheels and springs are tempting me..... Someone talk some sense into me!!!!

slap-o.gif

Bpmull wrote: »
    ............ My tax is expired according to the disc 04/13. So when does that mean I have to re tax it by is it the end of the month. Also if it ran till we say the 09th or so of next month would you be ok or can a gaurd fine you then? I don't really know much about the whole tax renewal system so any help would be appreciated.

You should have a valid tax disc displayed.

I've often gone well into a month expired and never had an issue with AGS despite encountering numerous checkpoints.

They can fine you but it'd be highly unlikely, traffic wardens will slap a ticket on you no bother so avoid the loading bays and on street parking unless you have a valid tax disc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Lads was in the garage earlier and asked the mechanic about the new Focus and he told me to stay clear. Reckons the Peugeot engine is nothing but trouble. Is this true? Had my heart set on a 2012 Focus but now having second thoughts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Lads was in the garage earlier and asked the mechanic about the new Focus and he told me to stay clear. Reckons the Peugeot engine is nothing but trouble. Is this true? Had my heart set on a 2012 Focus but now having second thoughts

The 1.6PSA engine requires really specific servicing at certan intervals with the correct oil.

A low mileage Demo model should be ok I'd imagine as long as you maintain it from there on.

I'm sure other's know more but that's the basic's I think. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

eh i dunno wrote: »

I have that engine in a 07 focus and its a bit delicate. So unless you are going to service it every 15k km at least and mind it don't touch it. If you service it correctly and look after it it should cause very little trouble. Mine is second hand so I'm straight away at a disadvantage if you have the car from nearly new demo and can mind it from day one then it should prove reliable.

• Advertisement

Bpmull wrote: »
    I have that engine in a 07 focus and its a bit delicate. So unless you are going to service it every 15k km at least and mind it don't touch it. If you service it correctly and look after it it should cause very little trouble. .............

An uncle of mine is on his 2nd PSA engined C5, both owned since new, both serviced at main dealers, 1st one no issue, 2nd one turbo went.

I know a car dealer who is very slow to take one as a trade in even if the PSA engined car has FSH.

Truck?

Ehrm, 'jeep' - Im pedantic, its a toyota suv :pac:

Haha duely noted :P
    I gathered it's a pick up alright but using the term 'truck' I was thinking it could be something American. ;)

Sorry to disappoint, wish it was... I'd love a cummins powered machine.

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Ehrm, 'jeep' - Im pedantic, its a toyota suv :pac:

Haha duely noted :P

Sorry to disappoint, wish it was... I'd love a cummins powered machine.

Never heard someone call a Rav4 a truck before! :pac:

Never heard someone call a Rav4 a truck before! :pac:

You heard it here first :P:pac:

dgt wrote: »

i think you should do it.

i love the look of absolutely slammed cars. as skanger as that it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I say slam it but on a set of of Rays Victrix or similar.
    The above wheels are a bit manky.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I quite like those wheels. As dgt is a fiat man, he'll know they're similar in style to bravo wheels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Colm has it in 1, I have a set of Trofeo wheels and all ;)

I toyed with the idea of challengers, Kahns, 3008 wheeld and said I like the Corails I already have, suit the car nicely :)

But I can't ignore the Spiders.... They look absolutely fantastic on that 406 :cool:

I think I'll ring up and see what the seller is looking for them.... Out of curiosity of course :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

I d think them wheels are nice as well. :) I also rekon they'd look brilliant sprayed white. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Our local corolla fanclub has met at last. :D

Kilograms of meat barbecued and eaten.

Approx. 60 bottles of beer emptied.

Weather was surprisingly good. :eek:

251363.jpg

From left to right:

- TS owner from Dublin,

- former TS owner from Dungannon, current owner of genuine Type R,

- proud owner of 2 facelift E11s (yes, it's me) :D

- former Runx owner from Dublin, current owner of Vectra C.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement