Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Well lads, anywhere doing any offers on engine oil at the minute? Just bog standard semi-synth 10w-40.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

BX 19 wrote: »
    Well lads, anywhere doing any offers on engine oil at the minute? Just bog standard semi-synth 10w-40.

How much oil you lookin? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

imagine going from a run-x to a vectra :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

imagine going from a run-x to a vectra :(
    Strange, isn't it? ;)

His family got bigger and vectra is only a temporary solution - he's gonna get an avensis verso.

dgt wrote: »
    How much oil you lookin? ;)

4-5l, enough to service the bangernomics clio.

As an aside, it's done 25,000 miles since last year. On it's 3rd service and second set of part worns, it's not bad going for 400 euro purchase price :pac:

and it's NCT is next week. Should pass if I fix the worn drop link, tempted to put it in and see what it fails for...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

4-5l, enough to service the bangernomics clio.

As an aside, it's done 25,000 miles since last year. On it's 3rd service and second set of part worns, it's not bad going for 400 euro purchase price :pac:

Would you stretch to 20-25 litres?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

joujoujou wrote: »
    Strange, isn't it? ;)

His family got bigger and vectra is only a temporary solution - he's gonna get an avensis verso.

i thought the gimmic with the run-x was that it was a door if you ended up with a few kids :pac:

dgt wrote: »
    Would you stretch to 20-25 litres?

Hahah maybe during the summer when I've a job, I'm on a budget until then :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

i thought the gimmic with the run-x was that it was a door if you ended up with a few kids :pac:
    5-door hatchback body. :)

But not enough room in a boot to keep a pram. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

lidl might be worth a look for a few bottles lying around from the offer the other week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I wish halfords would hurry on and have a half price magnatec offer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

There once was a time where japanese cars ruled the roost around here,

Not anymore :( :pac:

allthefrenchies.jpg

Cheensbo wrote: »
    There once was a time where japanese cars ruled the roost around here,

Not anymore :( :pac:

Another place with 2 Xantias :)

Halfords seems to be the place to beat, 22 euro for 5l of semi-synth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Coming up to newlands cross at around 350pm just outside bewleys nasty little crash.
    Northan 535d met the back of a Nissan navera with the help of a fiat camper van.
    I'd imagine the 535 is close to be written off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

Just back from a run to Gorey and back, with a stop off in Bray.
    Brimmed the tank with diesel, zeroed the trip meter, and back to the same filling station to brim her again at the end.

12.77l for 206.9Km so that's 6.18L/100Km or 45.71mpg in old money.

Have I done that right? - I'm banjoed atm.

If that IS correct, then how does it compare?

(The Accord was loaded with 2 adults,2 kids and I may have been a wee bit heavy on the go pedal)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Matt Simis wrote: »
    FYI, anyone interested in Millers Motorsport spec Nanodrive motor oils, usually EUR89 for 5litres, on offer on MillersOilsIreland for EUR59 for 5 litres, cheaper than Ive seen anywhere:
    http://millersoilsireland.ie/motor-sports/

It's really good stuff and Peter is sound to deal with. I bought gear oil from him on Friday and I'm running the Evans coolant which I got from him too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

12.77l for 206.9Km so that's 6.18L/100Km or 45.71mpg in old money.

Have I done that right? - I'm banjoed atm.

If that IS correct, then how does it compare?

(The Accord was loaded with 2 adults,2 kids and I may have been a wee bit heavy on the go pedal)

Is that a 2.2 diesel accord ? if so that seems good going. The figures above are fairly right if even very slightly conservative you actually got 6.172 L/100km 45.77mpg. That's good going for a car of its size.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

Bpmull wrote: »
    Is that a 2.2 diesel accord ? if so that seems good going. The figures above are fairly right if even very slightly conservative you actually got 6.172 L/100km 45.77mpg. That's good going for a car of its size.

Yes,it's an 07 2.2 icdti.
    I reckon I could definitely get better out of it, as I wasn't exactly driving like a "hyper-miler"!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Yes,it's an 07 2.2 icdti.
    I reckon I could definitely get better out of it, as I wasn't exactly driving like a "hyper-miler"!

That engine in the Civic is good for 55mpg, but obviously it's a bit lighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Result I think!

First garage today diagnosed it as having a fooked chain and didn't want to know.

MF autos in Deansgrange however put in more effort and have diagnosed the rattle as a loose heat shield and a fooked MAF is responsible for the rough driving at times.

Happy days.

I have to call them back and get it priced up now.

Hey BA

Let us know the price as im under the same impression that is what is up with my BMW, afraid to go to the garage though. Too broke at the mo for a costly fix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

saw this in a micksgarage special offer email http://www.micksgarage.com/proddetails.aspx?pid=1641520&pk=AA8C0&utm_source=MicksGarage+Product+Specials&utm_campaign=bcb37fdbb3-carcare_IRL_segmented_26_04_2013&utm_medium=email

any good?

also, never knew they did paint matching, any ever got a spray can off them before? http://www.micksgarage.com/paints-body-repair/colour-match-paints/bmw/black/black-2000-2012/
    almost 13e cheaper than my local motor factors and I need it for the kidney grills

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Nice way to start off the week - a box of Wax Tac products from Detailing Shed's competition on FB recently :D

942736_10200441714818959_214611218_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Nice way to start off the week - a box of Wax Tac products from Detailing Shed's competition on FB recently :D

942736_10200441714818959_214611218_n.jpg

Good stuff. :) Was that like a "like and share" kind of competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Good stuff. :) Was that like a "like and share" kind of competition?

Nope, it was a detailing competition where you had to send them pictures of your car after detailing it.

Nope, it was a detailing competition where you had to send them pictures of your car after detailing it.

Ah, well you had it in the bag so. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Saw that on the bookface alright.

"Pity the foo who challenges MM to a clean car competition."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Damn I missed that...

Would have been a nice challenge. :P

Here's a pic of mine from Saturday, unfortunately with some squished wildlife on the front after the trip up North, but otherwise shiny enough...

935416_443369235752943_1593400481_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Lockwood sill plates yay or ney?

I took these out of the MR2 i'm breaking - they could do with a polish but might stick them in mine.

I kinda like them

img1860large.jpg

img1861large.jpg

img1862large.jpg

img1863largec.jpg

Yay! I think they look good. :) Looks sort of plain with out them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

If they polish up well they'll look the business :cool::cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement