Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Need to get my NCT done, and see a couple of spots out in Naas soon, does anyone know if the car fails and a retest is needed, does it have to be the same centre?

.............does anyone know if the car fails and a retest is needed, does it have to be the same centre?

Yep, same one for retest.

RoverJames wrote: »

Cheers James.

Spent half an hour on the NCT site waiting for a spot to pop up, and got one in greenhills instead. Way better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

Hey guys!
    Haven't posted in a while.

Some sad news im afraid.... Lost my job a little while back and haven't been able to get work since. I'm almost out of money and its starting to look like I might have to sell pinky :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

gollywog wrote: »
    Hey guys!

Some sad news im afraid.... Lost my job a little while back and haven't been able to get work since. I'm almost out of money and its starting to look like I might have to sell pinky :(

**** news, man.
    I know the feeling, no job and downsizing what I have. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

CianRyan wrote: »
    **** news, man.
    I know the feeling, no job and downsizing what I have. :(

Its a horrible feeling, cant enjoy the car anymore now as it seems like its on borrowed time :(

And now i have the task of selling it while also getting something alot cheaper to run and still a little fun

Well there are plenty of cheap thrills out there anyway. :)
    If you can go with out the luxury side of things, one of the 90's Jap 1.6's will be much cheaper and still a great car.

Just don't buy a diesel. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

OSI wrote: »
    Ah **** news man. Would you consider selling the RNS510? I'll have to see if I could pull together the money, but if I could, would you be willing? And you'd get my RCD300 to put in.

vulture! have you no heart ? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Ah **** news man. Would you consider selling the RNS510? I'll have to see if I could pull together the money, but if I could, would you be willing? And you'd get my RCD300 to put in.

african-vultures-hard-at-work-cleaning-up-the-environment5.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

what's the harm?
    Thats what this guy said :pac:
    image110.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hey guys!

****. Hang in there m8! **** happens, just keep going and looking. Who really wants a Job and work will find it, and you are no slacker m8!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

****. Hang in there m8! **** happens, just keep going and looking. Who really wants a Job and work will find it, and you are no slacker m8!

Yeah, take note Cian....

dar83 wrote: »
    Yeah, take note Cian....

Harsh. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Twas only in jest man, only in jest. ;)

Ah I know. :)

Just a harsh reminder that its been over a year now. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

RoverJames wrote: »

You sure about that?

I done my test in Fonthill and my retest in Nenagh.

Followed up with another test in Fonthill once I went passed the 3 months to go mark.

All within the space of 8 weeks. Could have gotten luck but nobody passed any remarks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Sorry golly that's heartbreaking after the effort you put in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

ba_barabus wrote: »
    You sure about that?

I done my test in Fonthill and my retest in Nenagh.

Followed up with another test in Fonthill once I went passed the 3 months to go mark.

All within the space of 8 weeks. Could have gotten luck but nobody passed any remarks

sorry james ya can go to a different center for a retest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Sorry to hear that golly.

I got tge race car up and running on friday, the new engine sounds sweet. My elation was cut short on saturday thanks to woring issue. The car developed a miss and after investigation one of the injectors was getting a constant ground meanong it was on the entire time. So myself and Joe Power are making a new loom for the engine tonight :)

Today in work I was doing an order up and realised I was wicked stressed over the car, then I realised there are far worsethings I could be stressed out over

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Sorry to hear about the job golly :( Hope things pick up soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Sorry to hear it gollywog.

Best of luck finding something.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Got the boot lip delivered today, anyone here have a factory fitted one on an e46 coupe? if so can they measure how far back the spoiler fits from the edge of the boot please

Got the boot lip delivered today, anyone here have a factory fitted one on an e46 coupe? if so can they measure how far back the spoiler fits from the edge of the boot please

Just drive around town until you see someone with a nice boot:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Surely DGT has enough FIAT parts at this stage to build you the ultimate Punto/Bravo hybrid, drop him a PM :)

You're not joking either :pac:
    Image579.jpg
    Image614.jpg

I feckin love those toner boxes :P
    Image613.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Hey guys!

Sorry to hear that, If i hear of anything Ill let you know, what do you do?
    Maybe pinky and scratchy were never meant meet:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

What you do is have the lip of the spoiler along the line of the boot so it's flush with no over or under-bite.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

dgt wrote: »
    You're not joking either :pac:

I feckin love those toner boxes :P

You need help!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Right lads, need a bit of advice

The gtv appears to be fine mechanically after the mechanic checked it out but I've murdered the bodywork due to ****e carparks

Spend the 800 my mechanics tame bodywork person has quoted and keep it or sell it on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

MugMugs wrote: »
    You need help!

Indeed I do.... Help getting rid of all that crap :pac:

That's only a very small portion of the mess btw.... Wheels and tyres grow everywhere for example :(
    Stheno wrote: »
    Right lads, need a bit of advice

The gtv appears to be fine mechanically after the mechanic checked it out but I've murdered the bodywork due to ****e carparks

Spend the 800 my mechanics tame bodywork person has quoted and keep it or sell it on?

How bad is bad....?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement