Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

dgt wrote: »
    Indeed I do.... Help getting rid of all that crap :pac:

That's only a very small portion of the mess btw.... Wheels and tyres grow everywhere for example :(

Have you considered hosting a scrap heap challenge? Winner keeps their invention? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

My god that is a deadly idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

That's it, she's over the hill now :pac:

20130429_180824_zps0a8138b4.jpg?t=1367270190

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

..... And there are loads of old episodes of Scrapheap Challange on You Tube now. Barley Pickers FTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

MugMugs wrote: »
    Have you considered hosting a scrap heap challenge? Winner keeps their invention? :D

Not a bad idea that.... :D

There's so much sh*te here you could probably build truckasaurus...... :o

• Advertisement

Not a bad idea that.... :D

There's so much sh*te here you could probably build truckasaurus...... :o
    That's feckin savage!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Stheno wrote: »
    Right lads, need a bit of advice

The gtv appears to be fine mechanically after the mechanic checked it out but I've murdered the bodywork due to ****e carparks

Spend the 800 my mechanics tame bodywork person has quoted and keep it or sell it on?

How bad is murdered? If you were selling it what would you be looking for it? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I was overtaking a learner driver this evening and he tried to stop me overtaking him by speeding up. I don't think driving instructors teach you this. He was doing about 80 on a 100 road and I just wanted to go faster than 75 :(

Needed to rant :mad:

.............. or sell it on?

I reckon you'd like a change :)

You'd more than likely get a grand + for it, add that to €800 and the likes of (not this specific one but these in general).........

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4802500

View2-19205592.jpeg

... starts looking good.

That interior....

homer_simpson_drooling.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

front suspension part of a service on these? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

gollywog wrote: »
    Hey guys!
    Haven't posted in a while.

Some sad news im afraid.... Lost my job a little while back and haven't been able to get work since. I'm almost out of money and its starting to look like I might have to sell pinky :(

Ah no way, I'm so sorry to hear that golly. I know everyone says this, but the best thing to do is just go out and speak to the managers of different places and hand out a lot of c.v.'s. Also without trying to sound cheeky, I think a good thing to buy would be a bicycle, running cost 0 and great for exercise. it's a win win and it's great for going to the shops etc on also. I'm actually saving up for a BMX myself for college for next year. :)

Monday night beers to chase away the Monday day blues.... I hope everyone likes hearing Megadeth's Cryptic Writings at this time and if not well.... Tough :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Sucks about pinky Golly, was looking forward to getting to see it :(

Spent 200 quid just on service bits for car today and have to pay for spark plugs and labour yet with 360 tax in 3 days too, not too much fun on a 3 day week either :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Paid for my insurance yesterday.

Current insurer wanted €541
    Chill did it for €395.

Gave the car a wash (again) as I was on a $hitty wet road behind traffic today, which resulted in me getting 60mpg though :P

JC2FWirySPXBh5H1vwnc3jqjtJ1PCr8GnSqBBtQQgzs?size=1024x768

..............Spent 200 quid just on service bits for car today and have to pay for spark plugs and labour yet with 360 tax in 3 days too, not too much fun on a 3 day week either :p

4 days/week to service it yourself so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

OSI wrote: »
    Yeah yeah yeah, but if it keeps the guy on the road for a few more weeks, what's the harm?

Cheers for the offer man :) will you let me think about it for a little bit?
    ****. Hang in there m8! **** happens, just keep going and looking. Who really wants a Job and work will find it, and you are no slacker m8!
    Sorry golly that's heartbreaking after the effort you put in.
    Gary ITR wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that golly.
    Sorry to hear about the job golly :( Hope things pick up soon
    coolisin wrote: »
    Sorry to hear it gollywog.

Best of luck finding something.
    pred racer wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that, If i hear of anything Ill let you know, what do you do?
    Maybe pinky and scratchy were never meant meet:)

Well at the moment I'm a barman, but I'm going back to college in september and couldnt afford to live in dublin with pinky anyway you know? :( But cheers man, thats real sound of you :)
    Ah no way, I'm so sorry to hear that golly. I know everyone says this, but the best thing to do is just go out and speak to the managers of different places and hand out a lot of c.v.'s. Also without trying to sound cheeky, I think a good thing to buy would be a bicycle, running cost 0 and great for exercise. it's a win win and it's great for going to the shops etc on also. I'm actually saving up for a BMX myself for college for next year. :)

Ya I have an auld bike already, im pretty into fitness and stuff as it is... Actually tempted to become a personal trainer/fitness instructor!!
    Sucks about pinky Golly, was looking forward to getting to see it :(

Cheers for all the kind words guys :) Its a rotten situation but hey, at the end of the day its only a minor thing in the great scheme of things, will be worth it when i have a degree and a steady good job :) And plus, atm my life is good so I dare not complain ha :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Good attitude Golly, make sure to get your oar into doing bar work at Oxegen and EP, very hard work but very good money. I was offered it a couple of years ago but I already had my ticket lol

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Good attitude Golly, make sure to get your oar into doing bar work at Oxegen and EP, very hard work but very good money. I was offered it a couple of years ago but I already had my ticket lol

Thanks Gary, Im just a positive lad in general I think :)

Yes, I will for sure look into that! Cheers for the tip man :)

If you do get a job as barman in there................ Well...... let us know ! :D

• Advertisement

MugMugs wrote: »
    If you do get a job as barman in there................ Well...... let us know ! :D

Ha ha I surely will, tbh id probably post here before I'd tell anyone lol :)

Ha ha I surely will, tbh id probably post here before I'd tell anyone lol :)

ah it's always tough to hear stuff like that golly, fear not, there's always work in pubs etc around Dublin anyway so with a small bit of experience you should be laughing. I work in the industry myself, if I hear anything I'll drop you a pm.

Twould be a shame to see pinky go, maybe keep her off the road for a while? Good to see a positive attitude anyhow!

Car taxed for another 3 months :)

No queue, why don't people who get the renewal in the post do this the month before??!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Putting in a big order now lads (for me anyway) here is what i have.

Product Quantity Sub Total:
    Fuchs TITAN SINTOFLUID SAE 75W-80 synthetic manual transmission fluid-1 Litre £26.96
    Fuchs TITAN SINTOPOID SAE 75W-90 synthetic gear oil-1 Litre £26.16
    Castrol Magnatec 5W-30 C3 Fully Synthetic Engine Oil-2 x 4 Litres £57.26
    NGK Spark Plug BKR6EQUP (NGK 3199)-Single Plug £52.44
    Mahle Oil Filter OX154/1D (BMW)-single £6.46
    Mahle Air Filter LX343 (BMW)-single £8.10
    FERODO Brake Discs Reference DDF1066 - Front Axle - Vented-Pair £66.07
    Changed any quantities? Click the Update Basket button to update your order total:

Not finished shopping? Return to the shop here.
    Special delivery instructions? Please enter them above.

Sub-total (ex discount): £243.45
    Discount: £60.89
    Sub Total (Including Discounts): £182.56
    Delivery - Ireland via UKMail: £17.35
    Total £199.91

seems a good price to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Bah! Got some sort of rattle sound from underneath the Scooby. Does not sound like some bushing or suspension too. It's more of a tin rattle banging sound when driving on roughish road. Maybe some guard or exhaust shield rattling about... Really annoying

Putting in a big order now lads (for me anyway) here is what i have.

Product Quantity Sub Total:
    Fuchs TITAN SINTOFLUID SAE 75W-80 synthetic manual transmission fluid-1 Litre £26.96
    Fuchs TITAN SINTOPOID SAE 75W-90 synthetic gear oil-1 Litre £26.16
    Castrol Magnatec 5W-30 C3 Fully Synthetic Engine Oil-2 x 4 Litres £57.26
    NGK Spark Plug BKR6EQUP (NGK 3199)-Single Plug £52.44
    Mahle Oil Filter OX154/1D (BMW)-single £6.46
    Mahle Air Filter LX343 (BMW)-single £8.10
    FERODO Brake Discs Reference DDF1066 - Front Axle - Vented-Pair £66.07
    Changed any quantities? Click the Update Basket button to update your order total:

Not finished shopping? Return to the shop here.
    Special delivery instructions? Please enter them above.

Sub-total (ex discount): £243.45
    Discount: £60.89
    Sub Total (Including Discounts): £182.56
    Delivery - Ireland via UKMail: £17.35
    Total £199.91

seems a good price to me?

Sounds very reasonable to me anyhow. :)

Thanks dude, gonna throw in a fuel filter as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Thanks Gary, Im just a positive lad in general I think :)

Drug dealing is where the money will be at Oxegen this year! Just saying! :D

first one is for the gearbox and second is for the diff :)

edit: that price is for 2litres as well

• Advertisement

Car taxed for another 3 months :)

No queue, why don't people who get the renewal in the post do this the month before??!!! :eek:

I'd imagine that two months after is cheaper still :P

draffodx wrote: »
    Drug dealing is where the money will be at Oxegen this year! Just saying! :D

Or a nice knife collection if the Phoenix Park is anything to go by from last year!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement