Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

166man wrote: »
    Ahh I'm so nervous not sure I can do it... People like you more than me so you post it, might get a better turnout..:D

boom! http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84479637#post84479637

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

**** your Honda civic, I've a pontiac outside.

DSC_0002_zps9ef91979.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

:eek: Christine!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Autosport wrote: »
    I would like to thank the person who pulled out in front of me today as i got to test out the brakes on the car and i got from 95km to 50km in 3 seconds so i love my car even more than i ever did. And i hope you enjoyed listening to the car horn as that was me thanking you.

^^this,

Never so much in one weekend have I had people do this too me as I have this weekend, two people pulling straight out on a roundabout, both look at me like I've done something wrong.
    And a couple pulling out from junctions.
    Is it just purely a bank holiday weekend mentality!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Procrastination, I curse thee :mad: But the weather is sooooo good and the cars are appealing for attention..... Oh well, back to business management and off this, for now :(

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »
    I would like to thank the person who pulled out in front of me today as i got to test out the brakes on the car and i got from 95km to 50km in 3 seconds so i love my car even more than i ever did. And i hope you enjoyed listening to the car horn as that was me thanking you.
    coolisin wrote: »
    ^^this,

Never so much in one weekend have I had people do this too me as I have this weekend, two people pulling straight out on a roundabout, both look at me like I've done something wrong.
    And a couple pulling out from junctions.
    Is it just purely a bank holiday weekend mentality!!
    OSI wrote: »
    Had similar on the way to Blanchardstown on Saturday. Driving through the roundabout and some dick in a shed of a Levin pulled out in front of me looking at me square in the face. And when I slammed on the brakes to avoid t-boning him and threw my hand up in disgust he slammed on his brakes and stopped in the middle of the roundabout to flip the finger.

The satisfaction when I heard the bloop of a siren behind me was immense.

The phenomena we call "Bank Holliday eejits"

I don't know, they must get extra dopey on such weekends :rolleyes:

I met people last night on the old N3 around 10pm with no lights on for example. Wanderly wagons doing less than 60kms on 80km roads. People attempting to drive out infront of me as I'm right beside them, not watching....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

For dgt... :pac:

601883_504050629648395_748611098_n.jpg

Flicking through a friend's facebook photos, and another friend, who is with me, is amazed by a car that's in the background. Was wondering if anyone could possibly ID it? It's a blue SUV/Jeep (guessing, based on it's height), but you can only see the side of it:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152841058130393&set=a.10152841029970393.1073741832.730595392&type=1&theater

Anyone hazard a guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Flicking through a friend's facebook photos, and another friend, who is with me, is amazed by a car that's in the background. Was wondering if anyone could possibly ID it? It's a blue SUV/Jeep (guessing, based on it's height), but you can only see the side of it:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152841058130393&set=a.10152841029970393.1073741832.730595392&type=1&theater

Anyone hazard a guess?
    Can't see the image

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Link doesn't work for me. Might make sense to rehost it somewhere else, imgur.com or similar is good.

• Advertisement

Ssangyong Kyron
    imgssangyong%20kyron6.jpg

EEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

dgt wrote: »
    Ssangyong Kyron
    imgssangyong%20kyron6.jpg

EEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Does look a lot more impressive when it's partially hidden alright :P

Not a bad looking car all the same (nothing I'd have been searching for online myself, but friend still likes the look of it).

EDIT: And hat's off for getting it so quickly based on seeing only the side. Impressive!

Does look a lot more impressive when it's partially hidden alright :P

Not a bad looking car all the same (nothing I'd have been searching for online myself, but friend still likes the look of it).

EDIT: And hat's off for getting it so quickly based on seeing only the side. Impressive!

Glad to help! :D

Not my cup of tea atall..... Doesn't look right to me! Beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that :pac:

Back of it
    ssangyong%20kyron%202.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

It's actually a Ssangyong Actyon.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbkl7AFlYCDFiWxMr2r2FZXPCgJGkCNYTpv03ot0LTUYsCDewgSYVr2a8

Either way it's an abomination.

It's actually a Ssangyong Actyon.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbkl7AFlYCDFiWxMr2r2FZXPCgJGkCNYTpv03ot0LTUYsCDewgSYVr2a8

Either way it's an abomination.

I def need my eyes checked..... Or did I just not want to look at it formore than 2 seconds? :pac:

Focused more on the door lines as opposed to the shape and back.... And lack of front pic at the time.... Excuses excuses though :o

Good on ye for putting that one right :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

dgt wrote: »
    I def need my eyes checked..... Or did I just not want to look at it formore than 2 seconds? :pac:

Focused more on the door lines as opposed to the shape and back.... And lack of front pic at the time.... Excuses excuses though :o

Good on ye for putting that one right :)

The pick up was the only one that looked alright ish.

Ignoring the front it does look somewhat normal :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I always thought that was the worst. I always think of the Actyon as a BMW X6 development mule.

I was hoping the pic would have been an Isuzu VehiCROSS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Had one of these pass me at the lights today after work, that sound !

Holy crap :) Want V8 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Anyone going to cork motorfest the weekend anyone been before...

Cheers gentlemen for figuring out what car it was. I agree it's a little bit of a cluttered looking piece of equipment alright. Strange design, whoever green-lighted it (though I suppose at least it's a bit different?).

Ye guys are quick, I'll give you that. It'd have to be a fairly common everyday car for me to guess it from that angle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Saw what looked like a Renault 5 on fire driving down Coolock Lane tonight. Just a few hours ago. There was smoke pouring from the boot fairly heavily. It looked a bit like GT turbo but maybe just a body kit.

Actually, On a related note of photos of cars; I'm not really into car photography, but wouldn't mind giving it a blast (only thing I've ever really photographed 'properly' is a St. John Ambulance Jeep.

My own car is a Ford Focus, that's a bit too worn to be attractive, and has a mis-matched wing-mirror that's just enough to make you paranoid driving it, so I'm not in a real rush to photograph that. But I was gonna say, if anyone on here has an interesting or nice looking motor, and wants to pass a couple of hours (and lives near me - I'm in Drogheda) and wants to volunteer their vehicle for a few photos, feel free to send me el PM if you like.

I'm not looking for any particular type of car, so whether it's a sleek sporty motor or an all-terrain jeep (or anything in between) feel free to send me a message :)

(if anyone volunteers a Rav4, I may be tempted to ask to test drive it though, :P as that's what I'm considering as my next car when I get a full license).

Can't guarantee great photos, but I'm sure they'd not be too bad. :)

Just thought I'd throw it out there :)

Nice offer. Mine's a little too boring and rough around the edges though. :)

Anyone know if these would be ok here? I noticed earlier one of my numberplate bulbs is out. Halfords says not for use on roads but I'd hesitate to trust Halfords on anything.

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_779505_langId_-1_categoryId_212516#tab2

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Dord wrote: »
    Anyone know if these would be ok here? I noticed earlier one of my numberplate bulbs is out. Halfords says not for use on roads but I'd hesitate to trust Halfords on anything.

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_779505_langId_-1_categoryId_212516#tab2

Well jaysis, don't pay that much for them :p

You'll get a set off ebay for a couple of quid. I have them on the rear of mine at the minute. Never heard of LEDs being illegal before, surely that's a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Actually, On a related note of photos of cars; I'm not really into car photography, but wouldn't mind giving it a blast (only thing I've ever really photographed 'properly' is a St. John Ambulance Jeep.

My own car is a Ford Focus, that's a bit too worn to be attractive, and has a mis-matched wing-mirror that's just enough to make you paranoid driving it, so I'm not in a real rush to photograph that. But I was gonna say, if anyone on here has an interesting or nice looking motor, and wants to pass a couple of hours (and lives near me - I'm in Drogheda) and wants to volunteer their vehicle for a few photos, feel free to send me el PM if you like.

I'm not looking for any particular type of car, so whether it's a sleek sporty motor or an all-terrain jeep (or anything in between) feel free to send me a message :)

(if anyone volunteers a Rav4, I may be tempted to ask to test drive it though, :P as that's what I'm considering as my next car when I get a full license).

Can't guarantee great photos, but I'm sure they'd not be too bad. :)

Just thought I'd throw it out there :)
    Come to cork and you can take as many pics of the car as you like :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement