Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

So is the bet on now? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

CianRyan wrote: »
    So is the bet on now? :pac:

I refrained from making a comment on that. Didn't want to risk a ban.............

....................and then not be able to update the thread with pictures of when it's eventually collected...:D

OSI wrote: »
    V6 GTV?

Unfortunately it's only a four cylinder....:(

But fcuk it I'm 20 and have to pay insurance! Not going to say what car it is either, it may not be an Alfa. Thinking outside the box you might say...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

its a 318ci! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

166man wrote: »
    it may not be an Alfa.

:eek:

Aliens have obviously abducted 166man and are forcing him to say this:pac:

Resist! Do not comply!

And then do the decent thing and buy a GT :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Lads, it's quite obviously a Rover 75.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Could it be a 406 I wonder..... Maybe a Hyundai coupe..... Or a city rover.... :pac:

Nah, I know what it is but I ain't spillin. Damn nice car so it is! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Is it a Nissan figaro ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Skoda Octavia obviously cmon guys

Remapped for 30% more boot space

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Fiat Multipla! :eek:

• Advertisement

Another 320e spent on the car in the last 6hours :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

He was VERY impressed with my 318Ci which was forsale until recently........

and he did say he wanted to see my 318ci at the next meet :D

When is the next meet btw, last year it was around september which is abit late in the year tbh, we deffo need to have a june/july meet this year if we get any good weather

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStSQ2S0B3Y9hH3X9j5PCgvhdxW7Rnu5ZSdJfcj7n4qp-BDcpwt0A

When is the next meet btw, last year it was around september which is abit late in the year tbh, we deffo need to have a june/july meet this year if we get any good weather
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStSQ2S0B3Y9hH3X9j5PCgvhdxW7Rnu5ZSdJfcj7n4qp-BDcpwt0A

Well theres the south east one end of month start of june but yes i agree there should be another main one end of june/start july maybe...but only after I have everything done to my car :D

its a 318ci! :D

Nah 316 remember? :D
    pred racer wrote: »

Resist! Do not comply!

Ah here, I'm way too biased towards one brand I have to go out and drive new cars!
    Lads, it's quite obviously a Rover 75.

Was tempted by RJ's V6 ZT actually...;)

dgt wrote: »
    Could it be a 406 I wonder..... Maybe a Hyundai coupe..... Or a city rover.... :pac:

Nah, I know what it is but I ain't spillin. Damn nice car so it is! :p

It is damn nice and it got a whole heap nicer today so it did..:P
    Cheensbo wrote: »
    Is it a Nissan figaro ?

That was a low blow...:( Slightly bigger than one of those...:pac:
    Skoda Octavia obviously cmon guys

Remapped for 30% more boot space

LOL
    MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Fiat Multipla! :eek:

I ain't startin' a family here!
    ba_barabus wrote: »
    He was VERY impressed with my 318Ci which was forsale until recently........

It was very nice I do concur...:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

You should try this racing craic.... Some people are going to have a very nice christmas thanks to Team GXR

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Turns out I should edit my post, ended up coming to an arrangement with the seller. Deposit being paid this weekend all things remaining as they are...:D

How can I concentrate on exams now!

What colour is the Micra :D

Im funding at least 20% of ebay.de car sellers dude! :D
    Congrats on #91 Gary

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »

Black if he liked the colour of mine

She's a salmon pink I'll have both of ye know...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

She's a salmon pink I'll have both of ye know...

Love it :D

pink-barbie-nissan-micra_zps8a94fcd2.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Two GTV's? I never knew that! Pics or details on either?

In other non motoring related news, began college exams today and both went absolutely terrible..really really bad. Absolutely gutted and another 4 exams to go...:(

Motoring news - Alfa is crap on petrol...

One is the one I posted yesterday in bangernomics, but has no NCT, however has decent enough history.

I've calmed down since, I was in a rage that the car wouldn't start after two weeks, and I'd a nice chat with my mechanic today, and we've done our plan of action to make my car nice again, the bodywork really pisses me off as does the battery thing.

Said mechanic nearly had a breakdown at the thoughts of a second gtv, and asked me did the OH not want a 00/01 Merc (which is true)

He's a very nice e200 which he has minded since it was bought by the one person, that is potentially on the market, he knows it backward, spent half an hour chatting to us about it tonight.

The OH loves the creature (the car, not the mechanic). Its automatic, low mileage, no rust, no head gasket issues, automatic, and having had a good gawk at it outside and in, it's in decent nick.

Mechanic is tasked with getting it through NCT and selling it and we have first refusal.

OH could then sell the C5 which is 2003 and in decent nick mechanically and electrically for maybe €700? And he'd be in a happy place.
    pred racer wrote: »

Resist! Do not comply!

Aliens have inducted most of us alfa loving folk. See above.!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

If you're buying an MX5 I'll punch you in the mouth... Then ask for a spin. :)

Let me know if you're around UCD when you get it.

Stheno wrote: »
    One is the one I posted yesterday in bangernomics, but has no NCT, however has decent enough history.

I've calmed down since, I was in a rage that the car wouldn't start after two weeks, and I'd a nice chat with my mechanic today, and we've done our plan of action to make my car nice again, the bodywork really pisses me off as does the battery thing.

Said mechanic nearly had a breakdown at the thoughts of a second gtv, and asked me did the OH not want a 00/01 Merc (which is true)

He's a very nice e200 which he has minded since it was bought by the one person, that is potentially on the market, he knows it backward, spent half an hour chatting to us about it tonight.

The OH loves the creature (the car, not the mechanic). Its automatic, low mileage, no rust, no head gasket issues, automatic, and having had a good gawk at it outside and in, it's in decent nick.

Mechanic is tasked with getting it through NCT and selling it and we have first refusal.

OH could then sell the C5 which is 2003 and in decent nick mechanically and electrically for maybe €700? And he'd be in a happy place.

Aliens have inducted most of us alfa loving folk. See above.!

Didn't know you owned the blue one! Is your GTV (daily driver) red? Might have seen it around if you live in the area.

I mean I'm sure you'd get €700 for a C5 if it's in reasonable nick and your mechanic wouldn't want to be asking much more for a 2001 E-Class. With a fresh NCT and the fact your mechanic knows it inside out it might be just the trick.

Mind me asking are you based in the D6 area Stheno? Just wondering if you ever wanted a look at the Spider.
    Love it :D

Not as much as I love it.... *goes off the womit....:D
    If you're buying an MX5 I'll punch you in the mouth... Then ask for a spin. :)

Nah none of that JapScrap stuff for me thanks...:pac:

Nah it's a European car anyhow...;)

Are you all part of the slack jawed, zombie headed group of students I see trundling towards their predetermined fate in the RDS exam halls these days?

...........make sure you bring a six pack to your final exam.............it worked wonders to help me get over the disappointment of it :D

In other news, my BMW's intermittent fault is being, well, intermittent. Drove great the past few days and then like a bucking mare this evening. It's being dropped off to my mechanics FINALLY on Friday.

Not his fault mind, I've been working like a crazy person these past few weeks with exam classes and a dreaded whole school inspection.

Had my 'cigire' in today...........it went well :cool:

166man you need to clear your PM's

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Didn't know you owned the blue one! Is your GTV (daily driver) red? Might have seen it around if you live in the area.

I mean I'm sure you'd get €700 for a C5 if it's in reasonable nick and your mechanic wouldn't want to be asking much more for a 2001 E-Class. With a fresh NCT and the fact your mechanic knows it inside out it might be just the trick.

Mind me asking are you based in the D6 area Stheno? Just wondering if you ever wanted a look at the Spider.

It's a 2000 e200 2.0 engine, automatic, cloth seats (shudder), but in great nick electronically and mechanically, no rust, no head gasket issues, nothing, and tbh our mechanic would never dream of mentioning it if it wasn't in good nick.

The C5 is booked in for a service, has an NCT till Jan, few scrapes on the bodywork, but is a serious workhorse, so tbh I'd put i up for €1000 (it's 2003) so I've bargaining power.

OH fell in love with the e200, so why not make him happy for small money?

I'm based off Leeson St, and just took up sailing, so some day I'm working from home and not travelling we could hook up so I can admire the family alfa collection?
    ba_barabus wrote: »

In other news, my BMW's intermittent fault is being, well, intermittent. Drove great the past few days and then like a bucking mare this evening. It's being dropped off to my mechanics FINALLY on Friday.

What sort of intermittent craziness? when the crank shaft sensor went in mine (and another sensor I can't remember) it was like a looney after filling at one petrol station then fine in others

Eventually went mad altogether.

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    What sort of intermittent craziness? when the crank shaft sensor went in mine (and another sensor I can't remember) it was like a looney after filling at one petrol station then fine in others

Eventually went mad altogether.

Think it's just a MAF failing. it's not throwing up any fault codes. Down on power occasionally and giving a slight misfire. Most people wouldn't notice but it's doing my head in, all the more so as it was running great this past week and I was really enjoying driving it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement