Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Just got a mail from NCT to say that i missed my booking...thought it was tomorrow. Fucking hell...just wasted 22 quid on nothing...so pissed off. And completely strapped for cash these days. :(

did you book it yourself or did you request a date for sooner ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Fast & Furious. Such utter tripe but ya can't help watch them anyhow. ;)

When's it out!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Noice

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I had a dream, that i Bought a brand new one of these and same paint job. :( When I woke up I was really upset. :(

orange-chevrolet-camaro-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

I had a dream, that i Bought a brand new one of these and same paint job. :( When I woke up I was really upset. :(

orange-chevrolet-camaro-1.jpg

Shurre the Mondeo is cheaper on tax laaad

• Advertisement

Shurre the Mondeo is cheaper on tax laaad

And the Trans Am is cheaper again. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    And the Trans Am is cheaper again. ;)

So with the 7er gone and the Trans Am going, any ideas on replacement? You mentioned an X5 3.0d a while back? That still on the cards?

166man wrote: »
    So with the 7er gone and the Trans Am going, any ideas on replacement? You mentioned an X5 3.0d a while back? That still on the cards?

Maybe! ;)

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Maybe! ;)

Any of the two I pictured above?

Oh, yeah. Scooby disappointed me for the first time! :mad:

I moved my mancave in to bigger room, so now I got space for TV and all my consoles too. So today was/still is I guess a day when I would go to Cork and get myself a 40ish inch telly.
    Well, I expected rear seats to drop down like in any normal car, so there would be more space, but in subarus that function is not present! :mad: No way I will be able to fit in telly in to scooby now! damn you!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Would it not fit if you fold down the backrest of the front passenger seat??

Would it not fit if you fold down the backrest of the front passenger seat??

Thats good idea. I knew you are not just a pretty face. I guess misses will have to sit in the back in losers seat. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Seatbelt01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Just bought something rather large and special for the 156 this afternoon. Will throw a few pictures up later if I can. :D

Just bought something rather large and special for the 156 this afternoon.

A new NCT :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Just bought something rather large and special for the 156 this afternoon. Will throw a few pictures up later if I can. :D

A new owner?? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Leather?

Speaking of Alfa's

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/4194103

Went to see that POS today.

"Exceptionally sound" my arse. The car has rust of every panel, inside the doors was rotten to the core.

As for the seller, who says he was selling it for a friend, he was the biggest prick I've ever come across in my life. He wouldn't leave us start it as "We weren't interested enough" (After making a 2 hour trip down to see it?" and basically slammed the door of it and told us he didn't give a **** and to F off.

Just thought I'd make anyone who considered buying it not to bother their arse wasting their time. Tax test/insurance out since 2010 too :rolleyes:

That's been on dd for the best part of 12 months at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Leather?

Speaking of Alfa's

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/4194103

Went to see that POS today.

"Exceptionally sound" my arse. The car has rust of every panel, inside the doors was rotten to the core.

As for the seller, who says he was selling it for a friend, he was the biggest prick I've ever come across in my life. He wouldn't leave us start it as "We weren't interested enough" (After making a 2 hour trip down to see it?" and basically slammed the door of it and told us he didn't give a **** and to F off.

Just thought I'd make anyone who considered buying it not to bother their arse wasting their time. Tax test/insurance out since 2010 too :rolleyes:

Hate hearing stuff like this. What a twat :rolleyes:

Still, you did get to see the car at least..... That 3 hour trip to Galway earlier this year is still fresh in my mind......

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

ba_barabus wrote: »
    That's been on dd for the best part of 12 months at least

It'll be on for another 12!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Well, another person crashed into my moms car today. Just after it was repaired yesterday. She has the worst luck. She never caused a crash yet her cars are like magnets for others.

Well, another person crashed into my moms car today. Just after it was repaired yesterday. She has the worst luck. She never caused a crash yet her cars are like magnets for others.

Shyte!

Much damage?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Shyte!

Much damage?

Back right corner will have to be resprayed and molded back into shape. The worst part is that it was just dropped off last night after being repaired after the 96fm incident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

That's pure unlucky. A few years ago 2009 my mother crashed her car in our drive and done 12k worth of damage. She's still never crashed on a public road though :D got it repaired. A few weeks later an L driver mowed into the back of her he wasn't even watching her. Didnt do too much damage to her own car.

BMW booked in for new plugs and MAF.

Hopefully it'll be driving well after that :)

Back home from town. Bough telly for my mancave!

It got in on a back seat after all, but that was about it. Very tight fit!

DSC_0049_zps2df32342.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Back home from town. Bough telly for my mancave!

It got in on a back seat after all, but that was about it. Very tight fit!

DSC_0049_zps2df32342.jpg

good stuff, but would it not have been easer to put it on the floor in between the front and back seats? also is it a proper full HD 1080 or a cheaper not really HD 720?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Tight fit on the back seat eh.... :pac:

You seem to like working with small spaces! :D

good stuff, but would it not have been easer to put it on the floor in between the front and back seats? also is it a proper full HD 1080 or a cheaper not really HD 720?

It would not fit on the floor, due to angle. I really dont know why impreza's are 4 door cars. Rear seats are useless.

Nah it is 1080p. It not expensive one though. I was looking non smart good LED TV. It is 2013 model too. I dont need smart TV crap, when I will have 2-3 consoles and a Gaming PC connected to it. So why pay extra for it.
    Problem now is that I forgot to pick up a small shelf. I have to put on very high shelf and I HATE wall mounted or high placed TVs :mad:. Shockingly enough these new LED TVs very light. So no need special overpriced TV stands etc.

• Advertisement

dgt wrote: »
    Tight fit on the back seat eh.... :pac:

You seem to like working with small spaces! :D

Not as tight fit as last time! :pac:

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement