Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Bpmull wrote: »
    That's pure unlucky. A few years ago 2009 my mother crashed her car in our drive and done 12k worth of damage. She's still never crashed on a public road though :D got it repaired. A few weeks later an L driver mowed into the back of her he wasn't even watching her. Didnt do too much damage to her own car.

12k!!! :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

It would not fit on the floor, due to angle. I really dont know why impreza's are 4 door cars. Rear seats are useless.

Nah it is 1080p. It not expensive one though. I was looking non smart good LED TV. It is 2013 model too. I dont need smart TV crap, when I will have 2-3 consoles and a Gaming PC connected to it. So why pay extra for it.
    Problem now is that I forgot to pick up a small shelf. I have to put on very high shelf and I HATE wall mounted or high placed TVs :mad:. Shockingly enough these new LED TVs very light. So no need special overpriced TV stands etc.

thats cool, I have a 48 inch myself;) worst thing about them is the sound setup, you really need to have external speakers to experience the sound properly, its great connecting a PC to a TV, watching films and the likes is much easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

Leather?

Speaking of Alfa's

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/4194103

Went to see that POS today.

"Exceptionally sound" my arse. The car has rust of every panel, inside the doors was rotten to the core.

As for the seller, who says he was selling it for a friend, he was the biggest prick I've ever come across in my life. He wouldn't leave us start it as "We weren't interested enough" (After making a 2 hour trip down to see it?" and basically slammed the door of it and told us he didn't give a **** and to F off.

Just thought I'd make anyone who considered buying it not to bother their arse wasting their time. Tax test/insurance out since 2010 too :rolleyes:

Interesting. Thought that looked good and since I've turned 25 been on the lookout for a classic to go alongside the 147. Won't be that one anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

Bpmull wrote: »
    That's pure unlucky. A few years ago 2009 my mother crashed her car in our drive and done 12k worth of damage. She's still never crashed on a public road though :D got it repaired. A few weeks later an L driver mowed into the back of her he wasn't even watching her. Didnt do too much damage to her own car.

This your mother's work?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpcwdblHeipugft8LyNBwYNpWGtHwWpFv5UVmBhnERo-gnV9NL

Am thinking of a new double din head unit but want something a little better than what halfords have, these look great for the price and you can even get ones with GPS build in. Has anyone any experience with these?

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Erisin-ES708HEN-7-2-Din-HD-Car-DVD-player-Bluetooth-iPod-RDS-USB-SD-Orange-Blue-/130905473803?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item1e7a93030b#ht_10598wt_1251

253426.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Yes, they're rubbish. Cheap crap. I have one at home you can have if you want.

The hinges on the flip out screen failed after its first use!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Back home from town. Bough telly for my mancave!

It got in on a back seat after all, but that was about it. Very tight fit!

DSC_0049_zps2df32342.jpg

Last 42 inch tv I bought was in 2004 (still working) I had to get a hiace to bring it from the shop!

If it breaks ill have to get a skip!

ottostreet wrote: »
    Yes, they're rubbish. Cheap crap. I have one at home you can have if you want.

The hinges on the flip out screen failed after its first use!

Really that bad? do you have a paypal account, if you post it to me I can pay the postage and try and modify it. Let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Last 42 inch tv I bought was in 2004 (still working) I had to get a hiace to bring it from the shop!

If it breaks ill have to get a skip!

Aye. Back when LCD came out I actually borrowed friends scenic to bring it from cork. 40inch LCD JVC bastard. Huge box! These New ones taking apple way, where boxes are minimal and dont take more space then needed. Still was quite lucky escape for me as it fitted in scooby.
    So good news is the damn thing is great. It is better then 42inch TV in main room, but misses does not need to know that! :pac:
    Bad news? Well my ps3 works perfectly ( just needed dust of an inch of dust ), but my original 20gb xbox 360 bricked it self. Looks like only Hdd, but its going to be hard to get only hdd for it.I traded in my slim xbox 360, due to lack of use... So no Forza 4 resurrection tonight. :mad: Need to get very long hdmi cable now! To hook up my gaming PC!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Retrofit a SSD, you know it's the right thing to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

CianRyan wrote: »
    Retrofit a SSD, you know it's the right thing to do.

Got two SSDs in my main gaming PC. Xbox 360 is not worthy of SSD godness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    12k!!! :eek::eek::eek:
    This your mother's

I know nice bit of damage the car wasnt even going 2mph my mother was rolling out the drive and some how didn't see the tractor there was a bush the car hit the tractor wheel and the tractor dragged it abit sideways. It was a 2007 Santa Fe 4wd auto delux. I must find a picture the car looked wrecked. A line down the dead centre of the front all bet in where it hit the wheel. Damage 2 radiators fcuked, bumper wing front middle section of the car grill, some of the front lights cracked, bonnet bent back so far it caught the windscreen and broke the windscreen. That's just what I can think off. And she was literally just rolling out the drive not even accelerating.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

It's been used predominantly for the school run,

Start - five minutes to school and back - stop.
    Day in, day out.
    No faster way to **** any single car over really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

i drive about 10mins to and from work/college everyday, none of my cars have been fooked? and im sure it probably takes longer than 5 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

i drive about 10mins to and from work/college everyday, none of my cars have been fooked? and im sure it probably takes longer than 5 mins

I did the same with the hape for 6 months...... Engine still going strong :cool:

Speaking of French cars..... I rather like this quite a lot..... Help me! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

dgt wrote: »
    I did the same with the hape for 6 months...... Engine still going strong :cool:

Speaking of French cars..... I rather like this quite a lot..... Help me! :o

I'll see your 306 and raise you this French heap

Venturi_300_Atlantique_3.4_front.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

I owned one of those once....

In Gran Turismo 2

Interesting that Venturi..... :D

Alas, I think I prefer the 306 sedan.... Especially if it were diesel.... I've been corrupted here.... :o

I owned one of those once....

In Gran Turismo 2

Didn't we all.

A favourite oddball car of mine

• Advertisement

I think my fav car in Gran Turismo 2 was the Jag that never made it into production although the game had some very interesting cars.
    Pity the graphics werent a patch on the first game.

Joint fav's.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIDUxkM4xpm1l3vD2-1fVLuH4PemBsTqFK0Ok5yu9sWWRmk3N6
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKNZ8fXUVBxClCZggiGX-2ToKyM4fsOYBMJCXDdBBkLOkMdeXxXA

I know DGT and 166mans fav car already though
    1995_Alfa_Romeo_155_V6_Touring_Car.jpg

the Jag that never made it into production

Do you mean the Lister Storm which was based on a Jag. It made production alright

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Thats good idea. I knew you are not just a pretty face. I guess misses will have to sit in the back in losers seat. :)
    MM has a pretty face????:confused::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Stheno wrote: »
    MM has a pretty face????:confused::pac:

Of course I do Stheno!!! What do you think I use the D/A for every evening?! :P

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Do you mean the Lister Storm which was based on a Jag. It made production alright

XJR-15 :) (Listen to it !!!)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

D/A?

I know DGT and 166mans fav car already though.....

I have a model of an Alfa 75 with that exact colour scheme on a shelf behind me! :cool:
    Image631.jpg

Never had a console until I found a PS2 in a skip when I was 17..... Strange what people throw out! :eek: I guess one could say, I never really grew up having been somewhat playing in the garage since about 4 or 5....

If I did have that game in the day it prob would be all the Italian stuff in the garages :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Polishing your knob?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Stheno wrote: »
    D/A?

Dual action polisher ;) Normally used for correcting paint on cars but also useful for removing age lines from my face keeping my face looking lovely :D
    MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Polishing your knob?

You had to lower the tone didn't ya?! hahaha

• Advertisement

Dual action polisher ;) Normally used for correcting paint on cars but also useful for removing age lines from my face keeping my face looking lovely :D

Jaysus I could do with one of them!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement