Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Dual action polisher ;) Normally used for correcting paint on cars but also useful for removing age lines from my face keeping my face looking lovely :D

You had to lower the tone didn't ya?! hahaha

I meant..........door knob?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

ba_barabus wrote: »
    A new NCT :pac:

I wish!
    A new owner?? :pac:

I don't wish! :D
    Leather?

Got it in one!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84568116&posted=1#post84568116

Absolutely delighted, I really am. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

166man wrote: »
    Absolutely delighted, I really am. :cool:

Hoping to get a leather interior for the BMW over the summer or failing that a cloth sports interior. If anyone knows of one in excellent condition let me know. Few bits of trim need to be changed too.

Yours looks very well, it'll improve your car no end.

Also hoping to invest in a DA in order to really give my car a shine it deserves

Hoping to get a leather interior for the BMW over the summer or failing that a cloth sports interior. If anyone knows of one in excellent condition let me know. Few bits of trim need to be changed too.

Yours looks very well, it'll improve your car no end.

Also hoping to invest in a DA in order to really give my car a shine it deserves

I reckon it will be well worth it. Handy for the resale too if you decide to get rid of it, and also if you want when selling the car you could just sell the leather separately and make a few bob back there.

It will make it a much nicer place alright. Looking forward to having them in the car.

I was tempted by a D/A over the summer too, joint venture?

I was tempted by a D/A over the summer too, joint venture?

I'll have to see in a couple of weeks. Sorting the girlfriend a car in the next couple of weeks so that's coming first.

And I'd love the leather first too. Tbh a DA has been on the list for a while. I've never used one and would love to try it out. Still though I have a long boring June ahead of me.......,

• Advertisement

I'll have to see in a couple of weeks. Sorting the girlfriend a car in the next couple of weeks so that's coming first.

And I'd love the leather first too. Tbh a DA has been on the list for a while. I've never used one and would love to try it out. Still though I have a long boring June ahead of me.......,

No bother, let us know regardless, a few lads on here did a group buy at one stage of one and it was pretty successful. They ain't cheap to buy either.

I have 3(4) Alfa's that need a good polish and along with the BMW it would get it's use!

No bother, let us know regardless, a few lads on here did a group buy at one stage of one and it was pretty successful. They ain't cheap to buy either.

I have 3(4) Alfa's that need a good polish and along with the BMW it would get it's use!
    I'm up for a group but then if we can get enough takers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I'm up for a group but then if we can get enough takers

Best of luck and patience to you sir with organising that :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

I would be up for a kestrel group buy too, just gimme 2-3 weeks notice

Best of luck and patience to you sir with organising that :pac:

166man suggested it first! He is in charge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Well after months of thinking about it, the cadetship has opened up for new applications again. Just sent off my application to enlist as an Officer in both the Navy and Air Corps. See how it goes eh. Hopefully one of them will return with an offer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Well after months of thinking about it, the cadetship has opened up for new applications again. Just sent off my application to enlist as an Officer in both the Navy and Air Corps. See how it goes eh. Hopefully one of them will return with an offer!

Best of luck man! Not an easy course but worth it....! In the df yourself?

Thanks Mal.
    Nope, just finishing my postgrad.
    Always thought about joining the RDF but my part time job never allowed.
    Can't see myself working in a normal job, and nothing about college has taken my fancy. It will be hard to get in this year as they took on loads last year.
    Air Corps is first choice for me but only 5 or so get in each year :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Last 42 inch tv I bought was in 2004 (still working) I had to get a hiace to bring it from the shop!

If it breaks ill have to get a skip!

We've a 52 inch and box and all it barely fit into the back of a commercial Disco 3!

Dumped an old Sony 34 inch box TV before flatscreen kicked in there last year, thing weighed a ton :(

1343223102_419162796_1-Pictures-of--Sony-Wega-Trinitron-34TV-Trolley.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

is anyone else having problems with youtube playing videos??? happened last night also. Wont play on my computer or over 3g on phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

is anyone else having problems with youtube playing videos??? happened last night also. Wont play on my computer or over 3g on phone.

Works for me, just seems slightly slower than usual though..

Quick question, the E46 is supplied with a sealed for life gearbox. Is it a good idea to change the gearbox oil? Is it also worth changing the rear axle oil?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Ill be changing mine in the next 6 months anyway. The gearbox at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Thinking its worth doing regardless.

Can't think sealed for life would work.

Watch MM go crazy: lidl are selling a car polisher this week.

• Advertisement

Ill be changing mine in the next 6 months anyway. The gearbox at least.
    Its not showing any signs it needs to be done mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

coolisin wrote: »

Watch MM go crazy: lidl are selling a car polisher this week.

Crazy alright...that piece of **** wouldn't polish a turd

Would be a DIY job as well I'd imagine with a guide online. I'd get it done anyhow, pennies to do relative to getting gearbox trouble.

Preventative maintenance and all that....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I'd imagine by the time it's showing signs, it's too late for changing the oil...

Would be a DIY job as well I'd imagine with a guide online. I'd get it done anyhow, pennies to do relative to getting gearbox trouble.

Preventative maintenance and all that....:)

That's what I'm thinking but if I remember correctly its not a DIY job on a BMW. I could be thinking if a BMW auto box but I think they need to be warmed up and filled at different stages

I'd imagine by the time it's showing signs, it's too late for changing the oil...
    True enough, as said by 166man preventative maintenance is best

I know a fella who changed his cars oil every 2500 km's.

Was great craic for him until started it one morning w/o noticing he forgot to tighen the sump nut properly :p

Personally i would wait until atleast 3/4 of the gearbox fluid interval if it's the first change due "Generally 80-100,000 miles" if it's due it's second change then you either have to have some faith in the cars service history and wait or change it anyway for peace of mind

As soon as my exams are over im changing my gearbox and diff oil. Got a handy little pump delivered last week for it and got the oil delivered last week from opie oils. Sealed box is a load of bollocks imo. All oils need changing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Dumped an old Sony 34 inch box TV before flatscreen kicked in there last year, thing weighed a ton :(

1343223102_419162796_1-Pictures-of--Sony-Wega-Trinitron-34TV-Trolley.jpg

That TV would be quite valuable for retro game/console collectors. All new flatscreens are pure shiet for older games.

• Advertisement

That TV would be quite valuable for retro game/console collectors. All new flatscreens are pure shiet for older games.

I dumped two during the week that were sitting in a back room. Didn't think anyone would want them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement