Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Dord wrote: »
    Jaysus, wimmen and their BMWs... :rolleyes: :pac:
    Feck off Dordk :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

H&R cup kit. Mines better ;)

M-Sport. Mine's better :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

On the way home from a successful weekends racing in Bishopscourt up North. Shame they don't do any track days up there or I'd be back. First podium finish of my career too :-)

Lightning was also racing up there, not sure how he fared though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Well after months of thinking about it, the cadetship has opened up for new applications again. Just sent off my application to enlist as an Officer in both the Navy and Air Corps. See how it goes eh. Hopefully one of them will return with an offer!

Best of luck with it :)

I remember YEARS ago, applying for an Air Traffic Control job.
    I then moved house about four weeks later, and my mail wasn't forwarded.

When I picked it up, I had a letter inviting me to do the tests, only I picked up the chuffing letter the day after the test was scheduled. I was disgusted.
    ba_barabus wrote: »
    I dumped two during the week that were sitting in a back room. Didn't think anyone would want them

Me either, am currently using one as the Flatscreen has no picture :(
    On the way home from a successful weekends racing in Bishopscourt up North. Shame they don't do any track days up there or I'd be back. First podium finish of my career too :-)

Lightning was also racing up there, not sure how he fared though.

Well done, congratulations :)

@ 166man, I've MOMOs in my car, never ever sit in the passenger seat, it's the most uncomfortable seat on a long journey, inflicti it on someone else :D

Lovely set you got there.

Car off into the mechanic tomorrow for him to check the following:

1. Sparkplugs (due to be changed)
    2. Front and rear brakes (rears definitely need to be changed)
    3. Alternator to see if it is draining power from the battery
    4. Rear suspension bushes to see if they need replacing
    5. Front suspension (I think that's ok)

and to price up the lot along with a full service, all filters, oils changed, and as well to get his mate who does bodywork to price up how much it will cost to fix the damage I've done to the nearside front and back panels

Will hopefully also find out if the E200 the OH is in love with is for sale :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I forgot.

Oh (such a pet) and his son removed the acres of bird**** from my car.

Trick appears to be to use hot water to soften the foul concoction, then power hose it off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Mornin' all,

The boss has asked me to find a good and reputable bodywork repair crowd to fix up one or two of the company yokes that have had less than desirable lives,

1st up will be a b6 passat with panel damage to the rear quarter,

Can anyone recommend somewhere within the Dublin 1,2,3 or 4 areas - ?

I personally suggested a large bucket of isopon, a grouting float and a couple of cans of halfords finest, needless to say it wasn't received well.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Mornin' all,

The boss has asked me to find a good and reputable bodywork repair crowd to fix up one or two of the company yokes that have had less than desirable lives,

1st up will be a b6 passat with panel damage to the rear quarter,

Can anyone recommend somewhere within the Dublin 1,2,3 or 4 areas - ?

I personally suggested a large bucket of isopon, a grouting float and a couple of cans of halfords finest, needless to say it wasn't received well.. :pac:

car craft. great work from them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

"Well, I might accidentally put diesel in it"

Moron on being advised to get a petrol car, which has more power, better torque and is about 2 grand cheaper than the diesel, while fitting in the same tax. You can tell he's a manager, isn't he? Gets and idea into his head then ****s off with it regardless of what anyone else says.

The same person cost me a job not to long ago by deciding to hold a party in the house when he knew I had an interview at 11am the next morning. And keeping the party going, and me awake, until 6am.

And I actually had a chance at that one too. Employer was keen, all was well and show up like azombie after being kept up all night by a bunch of 50 year old pisstanks singing ****ing Abba.

.... Erm. Sorry 'bout that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

H&R cup kit. Mines better ;)
    OEM ftw man!

My Sportlines are on the way closely followed by the ol bilsteins :o
    M-Sport. Mine's better :D

Alfa Romeo......miles better:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

OSI wrote: »
    Till it breaks a wishbone.

The glass is always half empty with ye shower :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

NCT on Wednesday now. Come on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I saw the new Mazda6 in the metal yesterday. Lovely looking car but my god it's very long!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,665 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Fingers crossed. :)

Mine's rescheduled from 21 of June to 24 of May (found cancellation saturday morning, took it immediately). :D

joujoujou wrote: »
    Fingers crossed. :)

Mine's rescheduled from 21 of June to 24 of May (found cancellation saturday morning, took it immediately). :D

Ring them. Was on the phone for all of 2 minutes and had a booking for Wed, only got that this morning on the phone. They will see the cancellations in the call centre before they're available online.

They will see the cancellations in the call centre before they're available online.

not true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

not true

Think you'll find it actually is tbh

They have a raft of available appointments not shown online in case someone tries to pull the "get a free one" option.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,665 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Ring them. Was on the phone for all of 2 minutes and had a booking for Wed, only got that this morning on the phone. They will see the cancellations in the call centre before they're available online.
    I won't ring. I'm happy with that. Going to repair small bits and pieces this friday and NCT her (hopefully) next friday.

NCT is due 18 May, BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

I saw the new Mazda6 in the metal yesterday. Lovely looking car but my god it's very long!

Saw one yesterday as well in Gunmetal Grey, thought it looked good alright, muc better than the last one. Pity about the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Mine too. Probably going to fail for something silly to be honest.

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Think you'll find it actually is tbh

They have a raft of available appointments not shown online in case someone tries to pull the "get a free one" option.

think you'll find I actually work in the nct booking office and we don't have anything like that.

its all one live system which is also how you can get cancellations on weekends online when were not in the office.

• Advertisement

think you'll find I actually work in the nct booking office and we don't have anything like that.

its all one live system which is also how you can get cancellations on weekends online when were not in the office.

Even knowing you work there, I doubt they are logging into the same website portal your average joe soap logs into. I stayed online for longer than I'd care to admit, and saw no changes to centres unless they were a week out. When I was on the phone to Betty in the NCT centre, she was coming up with dates and times every 15 seconds, from tomorrow, to the day after. Haven't ever seen such on the site. I'm sorry chap, but you're wrong.

Even knowing you work there, I doubt they are logging into the same website portal your average joe soap logs into. I stayed online for longer than I'd care to admit, and saw no changes to centres unless they were a week out. When I was on the phone to Betty in the NCT centre, she was coming up with dates and times every 15 seconds, from tomorrow, to the day after. Haven't ever seen such on the site. I'm sorry chap, but you're wrong.

actually no. It is all one live system. The screen looks a bit different but it is the exact ane if you've seen it you'd seen just a different layout really.

in to getting dates. what some people here do thats not really a practice that nct like but it happens that about 4 people that look for kind of emergency bookings as such. say someone gets stopped and given ten days to produce a cert. One person might have a scrapped car in a slot ti block it out and then they make note of it and pass it on where they see necessary. now most of the agents can't and don't do this but its there for real help situations.

but the system online and in office it is the exact same.

if someone cancels on a Saturday then it is straight online unless the test center is blocked out because of understaff etc in which even supervisors cant book or over book.

so thats the craic

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

What do i need to check for nct cancellations ?

No dates until mid july in galway centre and when i rang to book a couple days ago i never recieved a text, whould i ring them back or ?

What do i need to check for nct cancellations ?

No dates until mid july in galway centre and when i rang to book a couple days ago i never recieved a text, whould i ring them back or ?

did you book a date and not get a text or for a waiting list ?

waiting list might just take a few days is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Got a date but no text to confirm itwith booking info

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭kuro2k

I've a test Wednesday also.

Just waiting on a Bowden cable for the drivers seat tilt mechamism for a e36, Keary's bmw won't have it until Wednesday afternoon so it will be i'll be under pressure to fit it before the test.

Hopefully it will pass, I really don't need any additional expense at the moment + I have to put the Hilux Surf through 24hrs later :mad: It seemed like a good idea to put both through as close together as possible when I booked them in, not so sure now!

Got a date but no text to confirm itwith booking info

yeah id call back. number taken wrong or something

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Dare I say it the new Pug 308 looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Dare I say it the new Pug 308 looks good

Cant agree,

To me it looks like a 207 with an eating disorder

"A minute on the lips, a lifetime on the hips its enormous fat arse"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

No dates until mid july in galway centre...

Must book the ****box in soon. Expires mid july.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement