Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Stole this from the classics section, I could think of at least one person here who might like it :D

http://www.toyota-global.com/company/history_of_toyota/75years/vehicle_lineage/family_tree/index.html

Christ some of them take me back.

The 2nd Starlet looks pretty much exactly like the same marque Civic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Stole this from the classics section, I could think of at least one person here who might like it :D

http://www.toyota-global.com/company/history_of_toyota/75years/vehicle_lineage/family_tree/index.html

AAAGGHH I'm about to lose my entire days work...........

Thank you :):)

How have i not seen that before...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Woop dee Whoo :D

486869_573038909393473_1288867698_n.jpg

Hope it lashes rain just as you get the discs off. :)

Nice one ol buddy ol pal :P
    4 more packages on the way from Germany also worth €260 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Nice one ol buddy ol pal :P
    4 more packages on the way from Germany also worth €260 :D

What brand disks did you get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Another BMW delivery today. This time my new turbo:

408430_10200514933729386_861894994_n.jpg

Here's the new upgraded wastegate and the seal. This is what was causing the problem:

405671_10200514934009393_182909794_n.jpg

If you see the shiny bit that is going out the top, it's this that broke down in the old design due to wear and tear so that disc is constantly smacking off the shiny seal behind it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Mmmmmm.... Turbo :D

Need gratuitous pics on the other thread of it being fitted.....

dgt wrote: »
    Mmmmmm.... Turbo :D

Need gratuitous pics on the other thread of it being fitted.....

I won't be doing myself unfortunately. to get access, the whole exhaust system has to come off so I would need a lift. My mechanic is getting the job though and I don't envy him when it comes to undoing the bolts on the turbo :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

I know the feeling.....!

• Advertisement

OSI wrote: »
    What an odd looking turbo.

Sorry if it's not up to your visual standards, I tried :(

Went with Ferodo Al. Mintex pads

Went with Ferodo Al. Mintex pads

Nice, where'd you order from again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Exam at 2 Ardennes? Pretty sure I saw you driving past me in both directions! Car is looking well if so.

Aye, saw you parked at the lough chief , thank you :)
    Ordered from opiieoils Al, 25% off at the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I've decided I'd like a new interior for the bmw but not really bothered about fitting leather.

Have any of the BMW funboys a spare interior lying around if they swapped one over?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

166man needs to clear inbox space ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Such a Pain in the Ass trying to send money over to Japan for to begin the ordering of my car, between exchange rates, paypal exclusive exchange rates, Debit cards needing to be verified and then the money I send being refunded because there were also paypal fees, but heres the kicker......the money that was refunded I cant touch as its being processed and can take up to 15 days to clear back into my account:mad:

This is a really bad start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

I'm getting my focus back on Thursday evening :) can't wait sick of getting chauffeured around by my parents :pac: you'd miss the independence. It needed a serious amount of work in the end. Anything it needed it got so at least I know it will be 100% mechanically anyway and I plan on keeping it for a few years. So I thought it was best to put the money in it now rather than doing it in bits and pieces. Should be like a new van :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Such a Pain in the Ass trying to send money over to Japan for to begin the ordering of my car, between exchange rates, paypal exclusive exchange rates, Debit cards needing to be verified and then the money I send being refunded because there were also paypal fees, but heres the kicker......the money that was refunded I cant touch as its being processed and can take up to 15 days to clear back into my account:mad:

This is a really bad start

Were you not given an amount by the company that included all of the fee's? The card verification takes less than 5mins these days with online banking as well, I did it myself this afternoon, extrememly handy especially that you don't even have to enter the details any more, you can just scan the card with the App! :D

The clearing process is an international thing unfortunately. Pain in the arse but would happen with a bank as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

dar83 wrote: »
    Were you not given an amount by the company that included all of the fee's? The card verification takes less than 5mins these days with online banking as well, I did it myself this afternoon, extrememly handy especially that you don't even have to enter the details any more, you can just scan the card with the App! :D

The clearing process is an international thing unfortunately. Pain in the arse but would happen with a bank as well.

No the company didnt, they wanted me to pay the fees my end which means I would have to select the option 'send money as a gift to family or friends' which I wont do as there is absolutly no buyer protection if you select this option, will get more money on friday so is not the end of the world.

No the company didnt, they wanted me to pay the fees my end which means I would have to select the option 'send money as a gift to family or friends' which I wont do as there is absolutly no buyer protection if you select this option, will get more money on friday so is not the end of the world.

Sounds like a bit of a dodgy outfit. I wouldn't be dealing with them if that was their method of doing business to be honest...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

If they are legit they will happily pay the fee's in order to get the sale (unless they deal with an awful amount of timewasters)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

New front and rear brakes on the gtv :)

Getting quote tomorrow for the bodywork repairs :eek:

Discovered tonight that as it was a white wall that I collided with, some of what look like scratches are actually paint from the wall so I've managed to sponge some of them off.

Any recommendations on a product to use to see if I can remove any more?

On the downside, the fupping bonnet hinge on the drivers side had split in two and needs replacing, that's the devils work as you've to remove the drivers door to do it.

Either that or they'd be happy to request the money from you and put the fee's onto you that way...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Just found this reading passionford. Always was strangely attracted to them but really liking this one. A fun little car I'd say :pac:.

5fa305aa6bb40884eb1d06570425260d_zpsa77a5405.jpg

56f4821a378aa3e60ea1534e7eb5fc13_zps9a3e03ab.jpg

Sequential box:
    04238492efcd5fed7c139bf4f3aafff8_zps60d64ab6.jpg

5660e806549b74e358b6685eea673585_zpsaf3b32cc.jpg
    It's a z cars kit, rear mounted in a 1989 de-seamed shell.
    Resprayed in Renault liquid yellow (not the best if I'm honest as its slightly different shades on doors) but does look nice.

The car has an r1 2003 injection engine 170bhp (approx 10,000 miles) mounted in the rear with sequential 6 speed gearbox with reverse being dealt with by a large starter motor which is switch operated on the dash.
    Just had brand new complete clutch kit fitted.

Brake wise it has vented discs with ap 4pot callipers and cosworth callipers on the rear with Goodrich hoses all round.
    Coil overs all round, alloy fuel tank up front.
    Throttle is on a cable and has hydraulic clutch making it easy to drive.

Carpeted and sound deadened throughout. It is fairly loud in the cabin but not unbearable.
    8x13" minilite alloys with good tyres.
    It is very quick with a 0-60 of around 4 secs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

The brother was showing his car to 2 potential buyers last night,

So I tagged along in the Xantia for moral support/lift home if she sold..

The 2 sets of people that came spent more time looking at the Xanti than the other yoke, even had an offer for it :pac:

I bet when I'm actually selling it no-one will feckin want it :(

At the nct centre!l, come on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

At the nct centre!l, come on!

im in their head office.

I win :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement