Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Anyone else notice the Red Bull oil catch can on the mini?? :D

I'm getting the car Terracleaned this evening. I look forward to noticing a difference but it's enough for me to know that it has been done and that the exhausts won't smoke as much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Does anyone have a link to a meme that was posted here.

It had a Garda standing by the spire with the line "do you know how fahst you were scrolling?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Starting the stripdown for painting my car tonight, well pending testing dates which I'll find out today, it's being painted inside and out. Going for all new colours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

At the nct centre!l, come on!

How did you get on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

The 400 euro clio has it's NCT today! Cleaning the rubbish out of the car at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

At the nct centre!l, come on!

Passed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

e46 ftw! :D

e46 ftw! :D

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

just made a boo boo in work.

customer: I want to go to Westport for a retest today.

me: off ya go so !

customer: thanks

oh well, free visual with no booking required !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

just made a boo boo in work.

customer: I want to go to Westport for a retest today.

me: off ya go so !

customer: thanks

oh well, free visual with no booking required !

Is this a subtle way of telling us that you've just become an invaluable forum resource? Will you be taking requests by pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Anyone know anything about the cost of car insurance in the UK? I have gotten a job offer in Bristol and was just checking car insurance costs out of curiosity. The quote is coming to almost £2200 on a 1.2 fiesta!? The address I used is near the potential workplace. This is on the quinn direct website.

It looks like I also have a job offer in Ireland so if insurance costs were that insane it would almost become a deciding factor! I'm currently paying <€600 on an Alfa 156 here.

Marcusm wrote: »
    Is this a subtle way of telling us that you've just become an invaluable forum resource? Will you be taking requests by pm?

no im just getting annoyed heading the exact same lines being repeated over a hundred times a day.

mind you im not listening to customers really, too busy with music in the other ear or on my own phone

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Redisle wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about the cost of car insurance in the UK? I have gotten a job offer in Bristol and was just checking car insurance costs out of curiosity. The quote is coming to almost £2200 on a 1.2 fiesta!? The address I used is near the potential workplace. This is on the quinn direct website.

It looks like I also have a job offer in Ireland so if insurance costs were that insane it would almost become a deciding factor! I'm currently paying <€600 on an Alfa 156 here.

Last time I checked, it was a damn sight more expensive than I'm paying here, which was based on my dad's address which is a fairly low risk area.

Insurance cost in the UK is very dependant on postcode. If the one you used to get the quote is in a dodgy area, then it could have a massive price difference to a quote for a nice area. You'd also need to check if they'll accept an Irish NCB. Whoever I was with in 2002 did but it may have changed since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

no im just getting annoyed heading the exact same lines being repeated over a hundred times a day.

mind you im not listening to customers really, too busy with music in the other ear or on my own phone

Contender for employee of the month right there. ;)

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Contender for employee of the month right there. ;)

bizzarly I got a compliment emailed in from the sales director of dell about me to my boss. was very surprised.

but I know.. the last 2/3 weeks ive being doing the odd day working in atlas drumcondra and ive being quite enjoying it doing the running around , driving the 2012 bmw 3 series and a series of vans and other things. wouldn't mind of the owner gave me a permanent part time job. id be gone in no time, even apprenticeship or something

but in all seriousness my girlfriend has noticed me being in bad moods from being in nct and happy with atlas or dominos (a year in dominos now !) even with the crap hours I was better than nct. so trying ti get out

• Registered Users Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Redisle wrote: »

Quinn Direct UK has, after a period in limbo, been fully taken on by Liberty. My advice would be to call them and discuss options rather than just relying on website. Lack of time in UK is, ime, a significant factor in quoting. That may be subject to an override by a human person.

Terraclean guys called earlier on. The mechanic took off the engine cover and quite a bit more stuff looking for a port but couldn't find one. He then took out the back seats to try and connect into the fuel line, not possible. Then he was going to jack up the car and use a port at the bottom of the engine but the jack was going to eat into the side skirt and it also wouldn't be able to move on the stones.

I'll be getting those ramps in Halfords or somewhere anyway so they're gonna come back and do it again some time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Did you weigh all that grass that you pulled out of the front of the grill on your car? Must have been at least a cement bag of mud :)

Did you see what came out? It was all one piece, could have played a match on it. I lost it going into the back straight and ended up getting air in the grass, came down and took a divot

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

So I paid my deposit to the company in Japan and now the search has begun for my Skyline on advise from you guys and my wifes instance on me not getting another low coupe I have put in a preference for a Black 4 door R34 GTT, None coming up for auction tomorrow but the guy said hopefully friday will see the something.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Terraclean guys called earlier on. The mechanic took off the engine cover and quite a bit more stuff looking for a port but couldn't find one. He then took out the back seats to try and connect into the fuel line, not possible. Then he was going to jack up the car and use a port at the bottom of the engine but the jack was going to eat into the side skirt and it also wouldn't be able to move on the stones.

I'll be getting those ramps in Halfords or somewhere anyway so they're gonna come back and do it again some time.

Jaysus sounds complicated :P

Thats unfortunate, I heard there where a few cars they couldn't do alright, I might be wrong but a friend said they could not do it on his dad's Mondeo(this might be wrong just what I remember)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

So I paid my deposit to the company in Japan and now the search has begun for my Skyline on advise from you guys and my wifes instance on me not getting another low coupe I have put in a preference for a Black 4 door R34 GTT, None coming up for auction tomorrow but the guy said hopefully friday will see the something.:D

Very very cool. I call first spin in it at the first meet you bring it to :D:D:D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

looks like a great deal, if I didnt already have most of that stuff I would be making a purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Think when I bought my jack and stand in the local auto factors the jack ( 2 tonne)
    was €30 and the stands were €25, got them for €50.

The jack gets used loads, it was even in use at the dyno day. :pac:

Edit: Ah, mine ain't low and I've no rubber pad.

volvo diagnostics. ... waiting at the airport with my name on it.

100 euro delivered with actual volvo software and the vida/dice tool to go with.

also got a big ass power inverter for charging my laptop on the go for 22euro extra

should be interesting :)

228512_511679312221182_1421108886_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

228512_511679312221182_1421108886_n.jpg

But you don't have any turbo lag? :pac:

• Advertisement

But you don't have any turbo lag? :pac:

I won't next week, that's for sure :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement